NRL Nines 2020 in Perth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Story just released on NRL.COM

Will be held in February.

Decent prize money so clubs send their best players.

My thoughts are “ **** no just another opportunity for pre season injuries “.

NRL Nines confirmed for 2020 return in Perth
AuthorTroy WhittakerNRL.com ReporterTimestampTue 22 Oct 2019, 02:01 PM
Share on social media
The return of the NRL Nines is confirmed, with Perth's HBF Park to host the footy festival in 2020.
With the World Cup 9s garnering positive feedback over the weekend, fans will get another taste of the modified game on February 14-15.
Fun is the focus of the two-day tournament. Supporters are encouraged to dress extravagantly and join in the party while enjoying some high-octane summer rugby league.

The NRL Nines, formerly held in Auckland, started in 2014 but went on hiatus from 2018 amid player workload concerns after a World Cup.
All 16 NRL clubs and four NRLW sides will compete in the revamped concept. The men's competition will feature four pools, while the women will play a round-robin.
To encourage teams to field their best players, $1 million will be awarded to any club that wins the Nines and the NRL Telstra Premiership.

So what timing will this be then in relation to the official start of next season , some four weeks to the official start ? Wouldn "t expect it to have the same carnival atmosphere as the recent Sydney nines , a bit more competitive in nature with the quandary also to include a certain number of a club "s best players . Pros and Cons attached I guess , any high incidence of injuries and the concept will undoubtedly be less accepted by the participants for future events then .

So what timing will this be then in relation to the official start of next season , some four weeks to the official start ? Wouldn "t expect it to have the same carnival atmosphere as the recent Sydney nines , a bit more competitive in nature with the quandary also to include a certain number of a club "s best players . Pros and Cons attached I guess , any high incidence of injuries and the concept will undoubtedly be less accepted by the participants for future events then .

February, apparently!!

Have to be night games as it will be roaring hot over there.

$1m prizemoney.....and I can still see clubs sending mostly reserve graders with a couple of regulars and one or two headliners.

A question for the nay sayers...were you the same about the 7's?

I love watching the 9's. Sure there is a chance of injury but we always talk about growing the game...one weekend (where most teams will play 3 games max) is no different to the trial matches.

$1m prizemoney.....and I can still see clubs sending mostly reserve graders with a couple of regulars and one or two headliners.

Idle your engine big fella .... it said a million prize money to any team that wins the 9's and Premiership .... I think you need to do the double ....

That means there is only about 4 teams really capable ....

Idle your engine big fella .... it said a million prize money to any team that wins the 9's and Premiership .... I think you need to do the double ....

That means there is only about 4 teams really capable ....

I actually see the most likely clubs sending their up and comers and the most unlikely sending a full strength team.

So I’m sure that‘s going to backfire on the NRL.

A festival of rugby league and live entertainment hits HBF Park on 14 - 15 of February.

Event timings
Friday 14 February: Game 1 starts at 4:05pm

Saturday 15 February: Game 1 starts at 11:10am

Ticketing Information
2 Day Passes

2-day event passes available from October 24

Visit the ticketmaster website for tickets

1 Day Passes

1-day event passes available from November 5

NRL Travel Packages

Official NRL Travel packages to Perth include tickets, accommodation and Perth experiences.

Visit the NRL World Cup Nines website

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Budgy Smugglers – Budgy Smuggler AU
Manly_Back_1024x1024.jpg

Perfect gear for the WA heat :giggle:

Meh the Penns have gotten an extra 350k in their pockets the last three years and they didn't have to win a premiership let alone a mickey mouse comp. All they had to do was get shafted up the arse by Todd by being caught doing the same thing as every other club does with 3rd party deals..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6