NRL jump the shark (blame Brookie)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol Greenberg is a troll. He's gotta be winding us up. Else he really does have the iq of a turnip.

The NRL just will not cease turning fans away from the game; they are the most pathetic excuse for an organisation going. Disgusted with this.

and Jamie Soward...please...15 seconds would have lapsed with you pointing your stupid invisible riffle at all your team mates before a ball is even kicked.

Snake said:
The NRL just will not cease turning fans away from the game; they are the most pathetic excuse for an organisation going. Disgusted with this.

and Jamie Soward...please...15 seconds would have lapsed with you pointing your stupid invisible riffle at all your team mates before a ball is even kicked.
Not to mention the dance of the sugar plum fairy before any conversion attempt.

RE: NO Greenburg you are WRONG-STOP hijacking the time issue last Sunday

So Souffs deploy illegal tackling methods week after week. Suspension after suspension, walk way off the mark and cheat at every opportunity and do we hear from Todd? No.
18500 fans at BROOKVALE and here's toddie with some bad news for Manly.

The most outrageous comment I've heard in years.

The NRL Head of Football is exposed as incompetent for failing to organise decent training and facilities for something so basic as timekeeping. Let's see, timekeeping has only been a part of rugby league since... forever?

So in a disgusting attempt to cover up his own negligence he tries to blame ... Brookvale Oval. I suppose we must have been having timekeeping issues at Brookie for the last 50 years, it is just part of the ground.

I'm sure he would have blamed the ball-boy fiasco on Brookie too, except that occurred at Homebush, one of the grounds with 'modern facilities'. So it's not the ground after all, it is the modern NRL football department at fault.

Of course Brookie needs an overhaul, but Greenberg himself is beyond repair, his dishonest spin-doctoring and manipulations are contrary to everything in the history of rugby league that is decent.

It's easier for the timekeeper to see if there are 10,000 fans spread out in an 80,000 seat stadium.

I'm so jack of all of these turds that call themselves administrators.

Afternoons is when football should be played wherever possible.

But try telling that to 9 and the NRL. They want the matches played at night. And we as fans are just supposed to suck it up and go when they tell us to.

If Sunday's game were on Saturday night, I couldn't have gone and would have missed one of the matches of my life and I've been going to games since the 70's.

If only all the interested parties had the same interests.

Rugby League has become sanitized over the last couple of years on the field, shoulder charge, punching...basically anything that shows a tough physical contest. Jeez I even remember one game where the Roosters played the Dogs and Klemmer and Hargreaves were going hammer and tong at each other (legally) and the ref told them to calm down! This is what the sport is!

The next logical step is to sanitise it away from the fans. So let's put games on in sterile stadiums which completely remove the gladiatorial/tribal nature of our game.

You see ex commentators talk about grounds like Brookie and they say how they hated against Manly there, because it was so hard, but in the same breath say 'but we loved it'. If I was an NRL player I could think of nothing better than strolling out at Leichardt and being booed and jeered for 80mins, and to come through it with a win!

todd-greenburg1.jpg
EqualSign.png
NoIdea.gif

Greenberg is completely wrong BECAUSE THE CLOCK SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN STOPPED.

From this article:
http://www.nrl.com/clock-to-stop-under-rule-changes/tabid/10874/newsid/75996/default.aspx

Stop the clock: During the last five minutes of a match, the clock will stop following a conversion or penalty kick at goal until play restarts at halfway. The interpretation change will add excitement during close matches, provide consistency across matches and reduce potential time-wasting.

Goal-kicking time limit: The referee will call time-off at approximately 1min 20sec following the scoring of a try. Fines will still apply to clubs when a player takes longer than 1min 40sec to take a conversion.

Symonds scored with about 70 seconds left on the clock. I believe 70 is less than 80. Therefore time should not have been called. End of story.
MANLY should be the ones blowing up about this. But lets not let the facts get in the way of the story.

Snake said:

at the risk of going off topic, this did make me laugh. What is with this muppet and his imaginary arsenal ??

Soward and Greenburg, w@nkers in arms.

Chip and Chase said:
Snake said:

at the risk of going off topic, this did make me laugh. What is with this muppet and his imaginary arsenal ??

Soward and Greenburg, w@nkers in arms.

He is an ego maniac and a lair; I remember him being interviewed in the sheds after St George won the 2010 GF, he referred to himself in the third person when asked to comment on the St George faithful (supporters), claiming "they love their Sow"...:s

So he says part of the problem is the timekeeper can't see part of the ground especially when the crowd stands up??

He's right, moving games to empty stadiums...er um, stadia will fix that problem. Ironstine.

In my day, the Timekeepers were always sitting at the sideline.

Greenturd should read his own quotes - all the serious errors were at Allianz and AAMI - state of the art Stadiums - negates his own argument :dodgy:

Manly are denied their home ground advantage during Finals, now the innovation is to keep Manly Fans out of Brookie during the regular Season :huh:

Greenturd's lightning speed mind, as it works in a vacuum :sleepy:

mmmdl said:
Greenberg is completely wrong BECAUSE THE CLOCK SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN STOPPED.

This is 100%! I couldn't work out why or even when Chechhin called time off after the try.

Unless Lyon was wandering away for an early beer the siren should have gone well before he kicked it.

Teflon Todd has no idea. As TV quality gets better and better (and cheaper) and allows for more angles and control, etc for the viewer, atmosphere is really the only reason why people will go to live games in the future. When you factor in the cost of actually taking your family to a game (in dollars, not including the actual time cost of traveling from the northern beaches to Homebush or Moore Park on a Friday or Saturday night), there are fewer and fewer reasons to go to games. That shift is already happening in the US with major sports. Pro sport has to compete with ALL forms of entertainment these days of which there are many and when time is precious, TV is just too good and too easy.

So his answer is to shift all the games to two huge stadiums that are close to the base of maybe two, three teams, that will be 1/8th full for regular season games as opposed to smaller grounds where they can pack them in and make it buzz.

Let's be real here - Teflon Todd wants to punt most of the Sydney teams. THAT is why he wants to move the games to big stadiums. He thinks this game can be huge but footy is what it is. It's never going to be a national game. It's a game best suited to NSW & QLD, Sunday arvo in a suburban ground and that's it...

Again Greenberg shows he is out of his depth in his role at the GRL

If anyone on twitter wants to send Toddy a msg his tag is @Todd_Greenberg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7