NRL Judiciary test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Personally find this shoulder charge extinction a bad call from the NRL, however, rules are rules & now their love child SBW has been done not once but twice, what will be the punishment??
If any......

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Make him keep the moustache for 3 weeks, that's sufficient punishment.
I think he should sit out a couple more weeks for that ridiculous moustache. Mardi gras is over, oh hyphened one.

niccipops said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Make him keep the moustache for 3 weeks, that's sufficient punishment.
I think he should sit out a couple more weeks for that ridiculous moustache. Mardi gras is over, oh hyphened one.
Classic:exclamation: SBW thought another parade was due as all week it was 'SBW this and that' in the media.

Apropos of that, I love the way that the Media hacks turned after only one game.
The byline now is 'GI is the best ever and the 'Code Hoppers :p' were outshone by him'.

I can't really remember $BW's first one but the second shoulder charge was as classic a charge you'll get. Arm pressed down by his side and lead in with the shoulder. The guy on the other side (napa's?) was textbook as well.

Coach already bleating about 'they'll get hammered because of their reputations..(really, Napa already has that kind of a rep??) but I agree with the OP, it'll be interesting how the judiciary favour plays this out.

Ben Teo is on report for an off the ball shoulder charge on SBW last night. Wonder if he has priors and loading? Would be a boost for us if he's not on the field next week.

i thought minichellos knees early in the first half, when Tiquiri charged in was not necessary and when you look at the footage its hard to see how it wasnt a deliberate ploy

SBW has been charged and faces 3-4 weeks suspension. Good stuff. He should miss round 4 v Manly.

I would've thought a mild cautionary letter would have been sufficient from the jelly back NRL for $BW.

bones said:
SBW has been charged and faces 3-4 weeks suspension. Good stuff. He should miss round 4 v Manly.

No the NRL will make sure he's back for that one. Hayne as well.

bones said:

Let's wait and see if any of our players cop similar charges. If SBW can get charged then what will it mean for all our mere mortal Manly men?

I'm no Money-Bill fan, but the shoulder charge should still be part of rugby league.

Stevo said:
How the ... wasn't Te'o charged?

Teo's was late,but body check. He was fantastic and I would have loved him out next week. :cool:

SBW lowered his shoulder, then hit Lowe/Champion to get them with the point of his shoulder.
If the Judiciary are transparent, he should get the same loading that Fa'aoso did when he commited the two GI Dive assissts in the one game !

Nappa took someone's head off last year,so has overs.

http://www.nrl.com/

Bull****! Check the highlight reel. At 1min 28 secs it's clearly a shoulder charge and it's off the ball.

Teo didn't hit SBW in the head & was no damage when he hit the ground. So it was just a penalty. But the referee missed it. The NRL review panel can't charge him as he didn't hit SBW in the head. Same as when George Rose let go with a shoulder charge in the All Stars game. It wasn't to the head & didn't cause a whiplash like Richie F on that Titans player.

Minchello got charged for knee to Lote but won't miss a game.

Stevo said:
http://www.nrl.com/

Bull****! Check the highlight reel. At 1min 28 secs it's clearly a shoulder charge and it's off the ball.

He hits with his bicep and didnt change his stance.
SBW hits with the point of the shoulder , that he intentionally lowered.

I don't care about Teo, just enjoying the angst it has caused in Bondi :p

Wrong mate. SBW was charged with a grade 2 Shoulder Charge. You do not have to hit a player in the head for it to be a shoulder charge.

That is what the entire uproar over the shoulder charge rule was about? Why not just outlaw any contact to the head not the shoulder charge itself.

I haven't watched a replay of it today (damn work computers...!) but I was pretty sure watching it last night that Te'o basically wrapped his left arm around the back of Dunny Bill as he made the hit - it wasn't the same classic arm jammed by the side, intending to hit with the point of the shoulder as SBW's were. Napa as well had the arm/s nowhere near the tackle, it was all shoulder.

Ten just had the slow motion of the two hits.
Teo's right shoulder is jammed into SBW's bicep but his right arm is loose by his side. Near half time.

SBW (and their #10) left shoulder mashing GB's cheek and his left arm tucked into the front of the body. 80th min.

That was the rule change last year, if arm is loose its a tackle, if arm is bent its a shoulder charge.

Now its up to the Judiciary :cool:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4