NRL is a joke competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’ve outlined in other posts a transparent points-based salary cap, coupled with a direct allocation of regional junior talent.

Failing that...a draft? You know that thing that works in multiple other sports?

Been a joke since 2013 grand final rort. Every team since then has been choosen to win or be in the gf.. that year we ruined their plans for a souths roosters GF. They even made posters and advertising for a parade for souths. Oops! We won so they destroyed us in the GF. DCE clivechurch hill medallist as voted by the judges who watched the same game as us.

Sharks never won a comp
JT never won a comp
Souths 50 years no trophy
Storm for Melbourne success
Roosters now 3 since 2013

Last year I said parra are the next team they want up there and after them it will be Penrith! The nrl is a business and thats how its run.. for profit! You cant have the only team in Melbourne losing. No fans but they are always up there! How many BS calls have helped the storm over the last decade FMD. Parra are too **** to capitalise on the gift given to them. They did the same as roosters bought their entire team.. but BA is a rubbish coach. Like Barrett! Had a good game plan but couldn't change it up when teams figured it out.

Ps last years GF was another RORT! That tedesco try was another fiasco and it won the game. Hah!

2013 gf roosters the most penalised side in the comp only conceded 2 penalties in 80 minutes.... makes sense when the rules get changed.
Next year we beat the roosters and that bloated hack trent Robinson came out complaining as we ONLY CONCEDED 2 PENALTIES... and he said how can a team concede 2 penalties in 80 minutes? He legit said this. The ****ing cheating scumbag
you got it buddy:handok:

I like a baseless conspiracy as much as the next bloke, but lets be realistic:
  • Storm have the best coach and best player
  • Rooters have the best Salary Cap management / understanding, and for the last 2 years have had the 2nd-best player / best halves combination
Not rocket science guys. Maybe they are officiated favourably in-game, and maybe it just seems that way.

Won't argue it has commercial convenience for them to succeed though - Melbourne to compete with AFL, and Rooters to capture the Sydney money / politics / endorsements most efficiently.

Having said that, I too despise those 2 teams due to the apparent white-glove treatment....but am trying to remain pragmatic.
You are one of the sheeple.. let me ask you 911.. done by men in caves or inside job? Boston marathon bombing real or fake? Cheers

Last edited:
The more things change the more they stay the same and it will never be an even comp when the top 2 teams of the last decade Drizzle and Rorters enjoy the protection they enjoy from the NRL in relation rorting the cap, allowed to bring in extra players mid season. Given TV friendly scheduling and they seriously have officials in their pockets. They are members of the cartel clubs that the NRL love like the Vermin and Whingamatta.

I realy hope that either Canberra or Penrith win this year as they are good hard working honest clubs who have earnt their success!

Where were these threads when we made the finals 10 years in a row, including 2 premierships and 4 Grand Finals in 6 years? Or is it just more evident at the moment that our club has been poorly run since the end of 2014 season compared to others like the Roosters and the Storm.

I think it's more just sour grapes than anything. When the careers of the Stewart bros, Lyon, Matai, Choc etc were coming to an end, the club didn't handle things the best they could have, and unfortunately we're behind the 8-ball because of it.

We panicked and gave DCE a $10M contract over 8 seasons, whilst forgetting to sign some quality in other positions and therefore been stuck with more plodders than most other clubs for the past few seasons, not to mention signing a rookie coach as a re-building stage was starting.
This is s manly forum MA. There’s no room for impartiality here. Please take your balanced views elsewhere.
Warm regards
Waz

Where were these threads when we made the finals 10 years in a row, including 2 premierships and 4 Grand Finals in 6 years? Or is it just more evident at the moment that our club has been poorly run since the end of 2014 season compared to others like the Roosters and the Storm.

I think it's more just sour grapes than anything. When the careers of the Stewart bros, Lyon, Matai, Choc etc were coming to an end, the club didn't handle things the best they could have, and unfortunately we're behind the 8-ball because of it.

We panicked and gave DCE a $10M contract over 8 seasons, whilst forgetting to sign some quality in other positions and therefore been stuck with more plodders than most other clubs for the past few seasons, not to mention signing a rookie coach as a re-building stage was starting.
We were on top till we were sabotaged when Turdburgler came to power. The 2013 GF rort, the failure to allow medical retirements of Snake and Maria which hamstrung us by over a $1mil. The TPA fiasco which again salary hamstrung us but which other clubs had no punishment or no investigation. The continual refereeing fiasco that cost us games.

Not too sure of this notion that the N R L is totally or even partially of a rorted nature , and especially in relation to Manly 's situation and opportunity to win a comp . Storm and Roosters have some advantages without question in the T P A area but Manly and other clubs have also shown that they can be on more then a competitive level despite this . Manly at full strength beat previous and present top contenders the Storm last season , the Roosters this season , the Raiders twice last season and once this season , can more then match the Eels . Touched up by the Panthers this season but they have gone to another level , relatively injury free and Manly not full strength . Manly made the semis in 2017 and unlucky to be knocked out early , same as last season not to go past the 2 nd semi .. Valan "dys and the new C E O seem to have a priority to be acting in the code "s best interests . Never going to be an even playing field with T P A "s but still accepted by all of the clubs as the best option to try and retain quality talent . If Manly were not decimated by injuries and were able to continue at relative full strength after that gallant Raiders win this season , sure that they would be locked in the semi 's now and Manly supporters in general in full expectation for better things to come . Think the point is that not much is going to change with the comp set up in the short term at least , maybe some tinkering at the edges with club "s ability in overall club"s expenditure options . Best for clubs such as Manly to take any proper advantage available out there , prudent cap management and recruiting and real hope that the footy Gods start smiling on us injury wise for a change .

We were on top till we were sabotaged when Turdburgler came to power. The 2013 GF rort, the failure to allow medical retirements of Snake and Maria which hamstrung us by over a $1mil. The TPA fiasco which again salary hamstrung us but which other clubs had no punishment or no investigation. The continual refereeing fiasco that cost us games.
Look what they did to my boy!

Good post mate and you are too right.I don’t think it’s sour grapes though. It’s just that some people just fail to see the truth.I have said this many times before on here that we have got our selves into this. I could not give a toss what the roosters or Melbourne is doing with their club.All I give a **** about is Manly.I have a feeling that Manly are now aware fully of what it has come to and hopefully pick ourselves up or sweep the broom.I think getting rid of Toovey was a bad move too.Lets hope we can go forward from here and regain some of that Manly know how that we lost before things went bad.Again if it’s a duck and it quacks then it’s a duck.Karma is a bitch.

These games are just so poor. I hate watching this touch football rubbish, set restart, set restart, farcical bunker decision, penalty, set restart. Give me a good hard knock 'em down drag 'em out arm wrestle of a game. War of attrition , fatigue and defending for your life. This P.C correct bullsht isn't rugby league. 36-24 scoreboards are just placating the millenial keep me entertained or I'll move on masses. Give me a 12-10 scoreline anyway.

These games are just so poor. I hate watching this touch football rubbish, set restart, set restart, farcical bunker decision, penalty, set restart. Give me a good hard knock 'em down drag 'em out arm wrestle of a game. War of attrition , fatigue and defending for your life. This P.C correct bullsht isn't rugby league. 36-24 scoreboards are just placating the millenial keep me entertained or I'll move on masses. Give me a 12-10 scoreline anyway.
I have never been more disinterested in NRL ATM.

Good post mate and you are too right.I don’t think it’s sour grapes though. It’s just that some people just fail to see the truth.I have said this many times before on here that we have got our selves into this. I could not give a toss what the roosters or Melbourne is doing with their club.All I give a **** about is Manly.I have a feeling that Manly are now aware fully of what it has come to and hopefully pick ourselves up or sweep the broom.I think getting rid of Toovey was a bad move too.Lets hope we can go forward from here and regain some of that Manly know how that we lost before things went bad.Again if it’s a duck and it quacks then it’s a duck.Karma is a bitch.
It still begs the question, Melbourne and storm attract up to 750k more than the cap on TPAs and that is just on record. Look at the side last year, they had Keary and bought two million dollar players to add to their rep back line and forward pack. They paid 750k for Crichton to play on the bench. It's a farce!

And you can tell we are probably the last in favour with the nrl.

we are not going to get any favours from them while we are so far down their chosen list.

think it is going to be more like 3-5 years at least before we become a serious contender or even get a look in by the nrl.

9 teams cannot defend any better than conceding 24 or more points per game. It's a rabble of a competition and these ridiculous new rules are killing the game. Rugby league was about defense and fatigue. Now it's become touch. Slow it down and stop this insane idea that we need to watch touch football.

The set restart rule is a very poor attempt to remove the wrestling from the game. It has done its job but also alot of blow out scores happening for the so called closest competition in the world.

Not too sure of this notion that the N R L is totally or even partially of a rorted nature , and especially in relation to Manly 's situation and opportunity to win a comp . Storm and Roosters have some advantages without question in the T P A area but Manly and other clubs have also shown that they can be on more then a competitive level despite this . Manly at full strength beat previous and present top contenders the Storm last season , the Roosters this season , the Raiders twice last season and once this season , can more then match the Eels . Touched up by the Panthers this season but they have gone to another level , relatively injury free and Manly not full strength . Manly made the semis in 2017 and unlucky to be knocked out early , same as last season not to go past the 2 nd semi .. Valan "dys and the new C E O seem to have a priority to be acting in the code "s best interests . Never going to be an even playing field with T P A "s but still accepted by all of the clubs as the best option to try and retain quality talent . If Manly were not decimated by injuries and were able to continue at relative full strength after that gallant Raiders win this season , sure that they would be locked in the semi 's now and Manly supporters in general in full expectation for better things to come . Think the point is that not much is going to change with the comp set up in the short term at least , maybe some tinkering at the edges with club "s ability in overall club"s expenditure options . Best for clubs such as Manly to take any proper advantage available out there , prudent cap management and recruiting and real hope that the footy Gods start smiling on us injury wise for a change .
I think our trainers and conditioning team must be using antiquated methods. Manly seem to have more injuries than other teams year in year out. There need to be an investigation into our fitness methodology.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4