NRL is a joke competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
The reality is there are only 6 teams that are competitive. Of those only 3 or 4 are a realistic chance to win the comp. 10 teams are rubbish and nowhere near competitive of the top 4. I thought we had a salary cap that would even out the competition yet we've had only 2 teams as minor premiers in the previous 5 years and both in nearly every GF or top 4 since 2006 bar 3. PVL better start getting this sht in order and curbing the blatant bias and scheming domination of the Rorters and drizzle or more people will switch off.

Been a joke since 2013 grand final rort. Every team since then has been choosen to win or be in the gf.. that year we ruined their plans for a souths roosters GF. They even made posters and advertising for a parade for souths. Oops! We won so they destroyed us in the GF. DCE clivechurch hill medallist as voted by the judges who watched the same game as us.

Sharks never won a comp
JT never won a comp
Souths 50 years no trophy
Storm for Melbourne success
Roosters now 3 since 2013

Last year I said parra are the next team they want up there and after them it will be Penrith! The nrl is a business and thats how its run.. for profit! You cant have the only team in Melbourne losing. No fans but they are always up there! How many BS calls have helped the storm over the last decade FMD. Parra are too **** to capitalise on the gift given to them. They did the same as roosters bought their entire team.. but BA is a rubbish coach. Like Barrett! Had a good game plan but couldn't change it up when teams figured it out.

Ps last years GF was another RORT! That tedesco try was another fiasco and it won the game. Hah!

2013 gf roosters the most penalised side in the comp only conceded 2 penalties in 80 minutes.... makes sense when the rules get changed.
Next year we beat the roosters and that bloated hack trent Robinson came out complaining as we ONLY CONCEDED 2 PENALTIES... and he said how can a team concede 2 penalties in 80 minutes? He legit said this. The ****ing cheating scumbag

Last edited:
Speeding the game up with the 6 again call has widened the gap

Changing the rules constantly to suit TV has left players and clubs not knowing what type of player is needed to play.
One minute is big bodies, then mobile, then kicking game.

The NRL heirachy hasnt got a long term plan on how the game needs to look and thats a huge problem for the game and emerging players with eyes on the footy career

The lack of skilled playmakers, means the few capable player demand tooo much money, making depth at clubs very skinny and the product relying on hope

Good money, great life. Under the correct structures we should have a huge supply of young players wanting to be involved in the game but its not the case

Crappy pathways through poorly organised competitions in qld and NSW , where coin is very scarce doesnt help . The current money agreement where players take such a large chunk instead of reinvestment in the business is the knockout blow.

Superleague started the rot that never ended. Inflated salaries and egos was the start , and once they got a taste, its been hard to ween them off.

But going back is not what tv wants, so between tv and players the game is doomed i suspect

The haves and the have nots, and I’m sad to say nothing will change very much in the near future.

Bet it’s a 3 peat this year.

And bet it’s the farewell to Scam GF, with the SBW ****show on full display.

Penrith ( who possibly will lose this year in the semi’s as their winning streak cannot continue ) who’ll be the new favourite AND of course let’s not forget Parramatta.

As to the rest , well until the Donkeys get their **** together the rest of us just bake up the numbers for the broadcast deal.

Been a joke since 2013 grand final rort. Every team since then has been choosen to win or be in the gf.. that year we ruined their plans for a souths roosters GF. They even made posters and advertising for a parade for souths. Oops! We won so they destroyed us in the GF. DCE clivechurch hill medallist as voted by the judges who watched the same game as us.

Sharks never won a comp
JT never won a comp
Souths 50 years no trophy
Storm for Melbourne success
Roosters now 3 since 2013

Last year I said parra are the next team they want up there and after them it will be Penrith! The nrl is a business and thats how its run.. for profit! You cant have the only team in Melbourne losing. No fans but they are always up there! How many BS calls have helped the storm over the last decade FMD. Parra are too **** to capitalise on the gift given to them. They did the same as roosters bought their entire team.. but BA is a rubbish coach. Like Barrett! Had a good game plan but couldn't change it up when teams figured it out.

Ps last years GF was another RORT! That tedesco try was another fiasco and it won the game. Hah!

2013 gf roosters the most penalised side in the comp only conceded 2 penalties in 80 minutes.... makes sense when the rules get changed.
Next year we beat the roosters and that bloated hack trent Robinson came out complaining as we ONLY CONCEDED 2 PENALTIES... and he said how can a team concede 2 penalties in 80 minutes? He legit said this. The ****ing cheating scumbag
Quality rant.
Thanks for that.

The reality is there are only 6 teams that are competitive. Of those only 3 or 4 are a realistic chance to win the comp. 10 teams are rubbish and nowhere near competitive of the top 4. I thought we had a salary cap that would even out the competition yet we've had only 2 teams as minor premiers in the previous 5 years and both in nearly every GF or top 4 since 2006 bar 3. PVL better start getting this sht in order and curbing the blatant bias and scheming domination of the Rorters and drizzle or more people will switch off.
In 16 of the last 21 years, GFs have been played by either the Roosters or Storm. Mathematically, given a fair and well-governed salary cap system, this is almost impossible. Love the game, hate the corrupt politics

They should just scrap the salary cap and be fair dinkum. Then people could at least ride on the wings of a Leicester FC type fairytale. But they treat us like mugs... look at that Roosters squad and ask yourself-How the feck is it possible to assemble the squad they for under 9.1 million... remembering that they were $400k under the cap this year.

In 16 of the last 21 years, GFs have been played by either the Roosters or Storm. Mathematically, given a fair and well-governed salary cap system, this is almost impossible. Love the game, hate the corrupt politics
I like a baseless conspiracy as much as the next bloke, but lets be realistic:
  • Storm have the best coach and best player
  • Rooters have the best Salary Cap management / understanding, and for the last 2 years have had the 2nd-best player / best halves combination
Not rocket science guys. Maybe they are officiated favourably in-game, and maybe it just seems that way.

Won't argue it has commercial convenience for them to succeed though - Melbourne to compete with AFL, and Rooters to capture the Sydney money / politics / endorsements most efficiently.

Having said that, I too despise those 2 teams due to the apparent white-glove treatment....but am trying to remain pragmatic.

I like a baseless conspiracy as much as the next bloke, but lets be realistic:
  • Storm have the best coach and best player
  • Rooters have the best Salary Cap management / understanding, and for the last 2 years have had the 2nd-best player / best halves combination
Not rocket science guys. Maybe they are officiated favourably in-game, and maybe it just seems that way.

Won't argue it has commercial convenience for them to succeed though - Melbourne to compete with AFL, and Rooters to capture the Sydney money / politics / endorsements most efficiently.

Having said that, I too despise those 2 teams due to the apparent white-glove treatment....but am trying to remain pragmatic.
Oh please lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4