NRL imposters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
Not meant to be offensive, just lighthearted but gee I have to wonder at some of these players.
My top 3
1. Bryson Goodwin
2. Jordan Rankin (just left of course)
3. Josh McCrone

I don't think Goodwin is that bad to be honest. Not the worst centre getting around by any means - are you familiar with Blake Ayshford ?

Funniest imposter I recall was a bloke from the USA, who claimed to be an NFL star and got a gig with Newcastle....they didn't do their research and he got thrown in off his own self proclaimed ability and was absolutely shocking...was a decent athlete, but had no idea on positional play and didn't retreat for opposition kicks, thought tackle was found in a fishing kit and had hands like feet....now that's an imposter.

There's a certain number 14 that qualifies for this list also.
Haha
Funniest imposter I recall was a bloke from the USA, who claimed to be an NFL star and got a gig with Newcastle....they didn't do their research and he got thrown in off his own self proclaimed ability and was absolutely shocking...was a decent athlete, but had no idea on positional play and didn't retreat for opposition kicks, thought tackle was found in a fishing kit and had hands like feet....now that's an imposter.

Newtown it was, Manfred Moore or something?!

Greg Smith.
Fooled the wok he could get the job done.
He did play NFL apparently.
According to him.

In '95, the RU convert Garrick Morgan didn't last long in the NRL. In his first hit-up for the Crushers he was picked up & driven back by Geoff Toovey.
Morgan was a 6'6" & 112kg. Wouldn't have surprised us, but I bet it surprised Morgan.

Greg Smith.
Fooled the wok he could get the job done.
He did play NFL apparently.
According to him.
That was the bloke - Greg Smith
Think they ended up working out he played some ball at college - not the NFL
Your right though - pulled the wool over the Wok's eyes - what a genius hahah
Here it is below....

Greg Smith
(born 18 January 1973), is a former American athlete who is famous for playing a single game for the Newcastle Knights in Australia's National Rugby League in 1999.[1]

He went on to play a season of Metropolitan Cup with Wests before returning to the United States to play in the AMNRL.

In '95, the RU convert Garrick Morgan didn't last long in the NRL. In his first hit-up for the Crushers he was picked up & driven back by Geoff Toovey.
Morgan was a 6'6" & 112kg. Wouldn't have surprised us, but I bet it surprised Morgan.
His dad John was a star for manly. I think Garrick was too tall for league and not mobile enough. Better suited to mauls and line outs.

I reckon eales would have suffered the same fate if he switched.

Tony D'Arcy equally as uninspiring for Penrith (??)

Agree, some other mentions...
James Tamou (carried by good sides in past with thurston)
Moses Mbye
Mitchell Moses
Trent Hodkinson
Micheal Lichaa

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9