NRL has to give away semi finals tickets to Rosters V Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bit of a beat up..
Storm/roosters have contested 6 of the last 9 grandfinals.
Raiders have done Jack sh$t since 1994...
Any team looking at 25-30 year droughts will fill their home Stadium in seconds as opposed to teams that make the granfinals year in, year out..
That's just The way it works.. A storm fan misses the game, they know there's always next year... A raiders/eels/sharks/bunnies fan may wait another 30 years to play a gf or gf qualifier

I’ve been talking about virtual crowds for yonx, don’t you worry it’ll happen.

Do you think it will happen before or after virtual players?

The benefits of virtual players are immense - no off field incidents, no injuries, and easy to fix results without ref intervention.

In fact, I’m surprised they haven’t done it already. Or have they...?

This is quite funny. I laugh how they said the nice weather should mean some game day walk ups.

Its a prelim - there shuold be no walk ups. But let's commit to the big stadium policy.

No doubt that rooster lack of fans vs an interstate team hurts. Plus fair weathered fans are not interested in a cheating chooks take on a scam lovefest cheating storm.

Canberra selling out makes sense. First home prelim in years (so the hype train is strong), raiders are a solid chance to win and souffs have a massive fan base. I think I read there was something like 50K tickets members between them, so roughly double the number of seats.

Although, I reckon they could have played the warriors or titans and still sold out, such is the hype in the nations capital.

Virtual crowds can’t be too far away, stack the real fans onto one side and just fill in the other side with crowd shots from other games.

Vince McMahon could give them a few tips on getting the crowd on the opposite side to the camera's so they can make the place look full when its less than half that.

No one will bother to 'walk up' as the whole area is a construction site with the demolished SFS and the endless work on that new light rail directly outside of the SCG :confused:

Strange that Greenturd was not moving the Rorters to Bankwest or ANZ like he would have with any other Sydney Club :cool:

Who cares. Serves them right for allowing the 2 least popular and least supported clubs to cheat their way to the top. I hope a fuking sinkhole opens up and swallows the whole grubby lot of them with that gimp Greenturd leading the way in.

Who cares. Serves them right for allowing the 2 least popular and least supported clubs to cheat their way to the top. I hope a fuking sinkhole opens up and swallows the whole grubby lot of them with that gimp Greenturd leading the way in.
Mick I agree that Turd is a prick of the highest order but surely he deserves more for his sins than just getting swallowed into the ground! Couldn’t he be hung drawn & quartered or burnt at the stake first?

It highlights to me how incredibility flawed the big stadium policy is. Scheduling of games has been hijacked by broadcasters and driving younger families away from attending games. Again another example of killing the game off at grass root level. I have wonderful memories from my childhood of going to packed afternoon games at Brookie, Redfern & Leichhardt where the atmosphere and excitement was amazing. We are taking that away from future generations. Big games like the grand final should not be played at night they should be played in the afternoon. The GF at 4.00 pm just tops off a great day whereas the stupid 8.00 pm kick off just kills the gala day atmosphere making the event finish far too late. Greed is killing off our once great game.

I hope the joint is a ghost town - that will stick the NRL big stadium policy up Shoddy’s clacker
Play it in the afternoon, bet a sunny Sunday afternoon game will sell out before watching it on a Saturday night - the atmosphere is so much better and so is the style if football played

Its a no brainer but channel 9 have no idea. Wish they were bought out by 7 or 10, who play final and GF AFL games in the afternoon

Crap times to suit TV are a big part of the problem.
I was talking to a bloke who wanted to take his 6 year old but with the late start, he said it be after midnight by the time he got home. That is not suitable for many people.

I also got offered 4 free tickets to the game, same with last weeks Manly - Souths game.

The TV ratings may be higher for the grand final at night but that is because everyone is at home watching it. When it was on in the afternoon lots of people would have a BBQ with 20 of their mates around watching the game, the actual viewing numbers would have been higher as there would have been people watching it at that BBQ who hadn't watched a game all year and wouldn't if they were at home.

You couldn't be more right Duffman.

There is a diametric conflict of interest between what maximises crowd numbers and what maximises TV ratings.
You can't have it both ways.

If this game were played on Sunday afternoon at 2pm, the crowd would be much bigger even allowing for the fact that it's Bondi Rorters v Southern Rorters.

Stop whingeing Greenturd. You were the one that wanted to Nein/Fox money.

Sad thing is the NRL got the money and the fans got screwed.

Well done to Canberra for selling out the Prelim Final at GIO.

What, View attachment 12855 ? The two Grand Finalists from 2018, the top two on the ladder in 2019 and they can't even come close to selling out the SCG?

And they are building a brand new 45,000 seat stadium that the Chooks will get to play out of.....which if their attendances at the SFS and SCG are anything to go by they will struggle to even half fill the new place unless its a Final.

Manly fans don't travel they say. Chooks fans don't even travel to their own ground.
It highlights to me how incredibility flawed the big stadium policy is. Scheduling of games has been hijacked by broadcasters and driving younger families away from attending games. Again another example of killing the game off at grass root level. I have wonderful memories from my childhood of going to packed afternoon games at Brookie, Redfern & Leichhardt where the atmosphere and excitement was amazing. We are taking that away from future generations. Big games like the grand final should not be played at night they should be played in the afternoon. The GF at 4.00 pm just tops off a great day whereas the stupid 8.00 pm kick off just kills the gala day atmosphere making the event finish far too late. Greed is killing off our once great game.

North Sydney oval and Hensen Park were great too

Same thing was happening for our match. Schools that participated in rugby league comps were offered 4 tickets per child and staff member. That would be about 3400 tickets at my school alone if everyone took the offer.
They did the same thing last year too. So nothing new here.
The 6 people that actually paid for their tickets would be pissed off

You couldn't be more right Duffman.

There is a diametric conflict of interest between what maximises crowd numbers and what maximises TV ratings.
You can't have it both ways.

If this game were played on Sunday afternoon at 2pm, the crowd would be much bigger even allowing for the fact that it's Bondi Rorters v Southern Rorters.

Stop whingeing Greenturd. You were the one that wanted to Nein/Fox money.

Sad thing is the NRL got the money and the fans got screwed.
The football play is usually more entertaining too, as the dry conditions allow more attacking style of play and less errors.

Its pretty sad that everyone wants more day games, the fans, the players, the coaches but the NRL give into channel 9.

Interesting how for years ( and it still is to a certain extent ) the match of the round was Sunday afternoon.
They still play the GF on a Sunday yet the last two weeks of the semis are played on Friday and Saturday nights.
Ch 9 all year televise the Sunday arvo game live so if it's good enough all year why isn't it for the semis or GF?

Their argument is the 6.00pm news and ratings.
The GF rates through the roof regardless and we'd all still watch the post-match wrap-up as well, whoever really wants to watch the news probably isn't watching the footy or would flick straight
back to CH 9 anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6