NRL grand final shocker is behind me, says Manly's David Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
Wolfie is an entertainer, the Fans and Media enjoy his larrikin attitude - RL is a game which sadly lacks characters - so the crazy hair is a fun aspect on the Brookie Screen after each of his amazing tries :)

Wolfie was the highest try scorer in 2013, he also changed his diet and workout to reduce the horrendous injury toll he had in the past.
So he is more focused on his results than others in our team.:cool:

The defensive aspect would be addressed by him and the Coaching Staff, hence the AFL training sessions this month.

If it only took one player to lose a game, we would have never made the finals with Gifty's efforts in the middle of the year, or the Sloth in 2011. :cool:

I agree. Williams is a larrikin and the media does love him, but the dedication he put in last year in regards to his diet, training etc, and the results it seemed to yield proves to me that he is a serious footballer.

I don't believe for a second that he takes the field concentrating on how his hair looks! George Rose had some zany hairstyles too over the years, but I don't think it influenced his play either. DCE's shocker had little effect on his game.

Williams had one of the best years in a long time last year. If there really was any harsh words spoken about his re-signing after the GF (as ER has stated), the speaker should have a long look at themselves. If you sacked a player every time they had an ordinary game........well, I can only imagine the words spoken were in the heat of the moment.

Williams has declared he had a shocker. Anyone that thinks he won't do all in his power to improve and make sure it doesn't happen again (note : Every single player produces a shocker at some stage) will have plenty of egg facials during the year. Shaving his head and placing a media ban on himself would be silly and unjustified.

Eagle Rock said:
bob dylan said:
Yet again he seems more worried about how he looks than how he performs.

Should do his hair like Neville Glover. At least he won us a grand final.

Yes I agree. Manly have only offered him only this season ext on his contract. After his poor performance in the final, ( I have heard Manly did not want him after that and there were angry words spoken after the final not to re sign him) I know he adds some Entertainment but you can afford to that when your game is sound, but your best players don't do it, he should be Knuckling Down, keeping quiet with the media and Concentrating on his footy, get his hair cut properly so he can see the ball better and doesn't get it pulled, as knowing Manly's luck, we will get penalized, if he retaliates.

I think we (Rugby League fans, and fans of sport generally), bemoan the lack of characters in the game, and then when we get them use it against them when they have bad games.

I will put my hand up here and say there are times I've thought, jeez Wolfy (or Georgey) just knuckle down and forget the hype etc.

Wolfy has plenty of ability, and talent, and obviously puts in. But it's his off field antics etc that attract sponsors, interest....and above all kids. How many kids just love Wolfy?

And let me just add, how many of us whinge and moan about footy players back in the day having jobs as garbos etc and doing things outside of rugby league? Yet when players these days like Wolfy, Beau Ryan etc get involved in things like the media we say that they should focus solely on rugby league?

Wolfie has the athletic finesse , the football skills , the mental toughness and is a proven performer . He broke his neck and made a courageous and remarkable comeback and he also broke South Sydney's hearts with that unbelievable effort to stay in touch after the giant Inglis tried to smash him into touch in the semi final last year . Ray Warren who has commentated on State of origin , finals , and international games for a very long time was quoted as saying" that was one of the most amazing tries I have ever seen !!!" Phil Gould and Peter Sterling called him a " freak" !!!
We all have our bad days and Bradman also got out for a duck so who ever criticises Wolfie has no f@#&ing idea !!!

globaleagle said:
I agree with all the pro wolfie comments.

I second that :D

So if Wolfie and Snake were out together, when do we get the DT 'Randee Snake Loose on Northern Beaches' headline :p

Killer03 said:
I think we (Rugby League fans, and fans of sport generally), bemoan the lack of characters in the game, and then when we get them use it against them when they have bad games.

I will put my hand up here and say there are times I've thought, jeez Wolfy (or Georgey) just knuckle down and forget the hype etc.

Wolfy has plenty of ability, and talent, and obviously puts in. But it's his off field antics etc that attract sponsors, interest....and above all kids. How many kids just love Wolfy?

And let me just add, how many of us whinge and moan about footy players back in the day having jobs as garbos etc and doing things outside of rugby league? Yet when players these days like Wolfy, Beau Ryan etc get involved in things like the media we say that they should focus solely on rugby league?

I long for the days when all players worked. According to the on-screen graphic that would show after they scored a try on 7 or abc saturday, 99% were cellarmen or garbos, if I recall correctly, except Craig Hancock who was a mobile mechanic.

What Williams needs to do is copy Slater's tactic.

Attack the ball and try to kick the opposing winger in the head either on the way up or the way down.

The opposition will only kick there once or twice if he does that.

I wouldn't have mind if he at least attempted to jump & even knocked it on.The most the roosters would have got is a scrum or a set recount.

They may have not scored in that next set of 6.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6