NRL flexible on new rules

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The NRL has promised to be agile on new rules after a number of players expressed concern over the increased speed of the game and its toll on their bodies.
On Thursday chief executive Andrew Abdo said the early rounds of the season will be a litmus test and he is prepared to make changes should the new laws have an undesirable impact.“Like any change, you have to monitor and we’ll adjust if we need to,” Abdo told AAP.
“The first few rounds will be critical for us to gather data.
“Ultimately the objective is to create free-flowing football for fans, but we also have to balance that out and make sure we still maintain the fabric of the game and the different skill sets of the different players.
“It’s a delicate balance.”

Gonna miss the old home town 10m penalties at Brookie.

Just won’t feel the same heckling the ref for a 6-again.

It's just staggering that the NRL "brains trust" feel the need to continually tinker with the rules of the game. Last season they used the COVID delay (and the subsequent withholding of funds by Channel 9) to fundamentally change the way the game is played and refereed. Mid-season, all of a sudden we had a different game. Now they're at it again. It wouldn't happen in any other sport. Just insane.

The most popular sport in the world,soccer,whether you like it or not,has had very minimal rule changes in over 100 years.The NRL have made more changes this off season than soccer has in its existence.
Yep, and the game (soccer/football) has changed a lot over that time, largely as the result of coaching innovations - new formations and tactics - that work within the existing rules. The NRL approach is just change for the sake of change. I mean, who the **** was crying out for the two-point field goal? They may have good intentions, but they're killing the game and the "product" at the same time.

The NRL clearly want western Sydney's flat trackers touch footy Eels, Panfas & Tigers in the top 4. Can't have the opposition putting up a defence and ruining the day.

We are going to be hearing a lot of back peddling and interpretation babble from the head of referees each week.

Can't wait

These new rules just make it a more you score I score game. Referees now determine which side has the ball as you see the endless inconsistency happen with them.

I want to see a scum become a genuine contest again.

The game is too fast!

It seems we change the rules every year so they can justify paying wages to some focus group.
Leave things alone, the game has change so much over the last 30-40 years it isn't recognisable. To me the best era was the the late 80's to the mid 90's.
The game has changed so much to the point that all teams play and look the same

If there’s one thing that you can’t be flexible with, it’s the rules of the game ffs. Gee this mob is a rabble. The rules didn’t need changing in the first place to accommodate the stupid 6 again.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2