NRL Fixed in 20 Steps

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
21. Media needs to make amends at the same level they do damage.

So, the Telegraph front page GAME OF THROWNS should become MANLY CLEARED on the front page. Accountability and follow through.

22. Greenberg sent to North Korea.

Go back to one referee and touch judges who actually have eyes.

As much as we would love to get rid of the bunker, it isn't going to happen. The technology is here to stay. As someone else mentioned earlier, have screens set up at the ground and allow the on field referee to go through the footage to make the decision. Is this still the system that they use in the NFL?

The ruck area is a huge issue. Make players get up with the ball (No planting). You HAVE TO play the ball with your foot. AND BRING BACK RAKING FROM DUMMY HALF. While we are at it we will also be bringing back Ian Roberts ;).

I want to see 20 teams split in to 2 divisions.
I agree with the 20 teams but I would have 4 groups (or conferences) of 5 teams each. Groups determined by traditional rivalries, geographic location or position on ladder position from previous year. Each of these options has pluses & minuses, just as long as the fans know how they are determined.
Play every team once (19 games) & own conference teams twice (4 additional games). For teams outside of your group alternate between home & away on a yearly basis.

I agree with the 20 teams but I would have 4 groups (or conferences) of 5 teams each. Groups determined by traditional rivalries, geographic location or position on ladder position from previous year. Each of these options has pluses & minuses, just as long as the fans know how they are determined.
Play every team once (19 games) & own conference teams twice (4 additional games). For teams outside of your group alternate between home & away on a yearly basis.
Unless every team plays every team the same number of times it will always be an uneven and unfair comp. What if the 5 teams in one conference represent the top 5 teams in the comp?

Unless every team plays every team the same number of times it will always be an uneven and unfair comp. What if the 5 teams in one conference represent the top 5 teams in the comp?
I agree that playing each every team twice would be ideal but that doesn't necessarily make it fair. Is travelling significant distances every second week fair for remote teams?

It is possible that one conference could dominate but with the teams in a conference playing each other twice they will be taking points off each other making it unlikely.

Determining the teams in each conference would depend on what you were trying to achieve with the system. If its equity, seed each team from the previous year. If you want rivalries form fixed groups containing traditional rivals so the rivalries can grow over time. If you want to increase crowds form groups based on geographical locations so supporters have more games closer to home that they can attend.

Personally I lean towards a combination of traditional rivalries & geographical location.

Sorry, No to point 5. You are just encouraging News Corp to own still more NRL clubs, further concentrating their conflict of interest (NewsCorp = Fox = Broncos), which already has clear distortions for scheduling, TV coverage, NRL bias (which to me seems quite real) and therefore clubs survival. The current structure is NOT a level playing field, the fans know it and the whole thing has a stinky "Reality TV" tinge to it, that dominates.
However, agree with your other points.
Very Good point mate. How about a minor adjustment then, the NRL cannot own any clubs and a corporation/individual or any of its affiliates cannot own more than 1 license.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8