NRL Essentials DVD - Manly Edition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One day I am gonna have a room in my house that has Manly games on permanent rotation, so this is an important item to me.

Bradza said:
The Indian said:
I too would pay money for the 61-0 win over the Dragons game but my memory of it is that it was never a TV game in the pre pay tv days sadly...would love to be proved wrong though.

I had an audio tape of the radio call of the game done by ABC - sadly lost.

We have a pirated copy on DVD but there is no commentary. This supports your belief that it wasn't a tv game. It is filmed from one camera up in the middle of the Jane Try stand. Pretty weird to watch with no sound except for the crowd noise but great to have it in the collection.

Morrow must have enjoyed that one!

I have that same copy of the game. Mentioned years ago I had never seen it and a former forum member was nice enough to put that onto a video along with the 87GF and the Roosters game from 97

Will have to dig that out again

I have the 64-12 match but its on video.
Anyone want to convert it to DVD ?

Just got an email saying JB Hi-Fi is currently having a 20% DVD's sale until Sunday so this one is now going for $22.57 including postage. http://goo.gl/xtmVR

pretty much a guarantee as soon as i buy something, it goes on special the next week, this is the third time, thankfully only a few bucks.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
Just got an email saying JB Hi-Fi is currently having a 20% DVD's sale until Sunday so this one is now going for $22.57 including postage. http://goo.gl/xtmVR

pretty much a guarantee as soon as i buy something, it goes on special the next week, this is the third time, thankfully only a few bucks.

Let us know when you buy a Lamborghini.

I was fortunate to get on that deal. Popped into JB Hi Fi at Warringah Mall yesterday to grab the one and only copy that was in store. The DVD ended up costing just under $22.

Watched the 1996 preliminary final last night and was blown away by how impressive the pace of the game was compared to what we see today. Gould crowned us the best defensive side he had ever seen during the telecast which is a huge complement when you consider that players peeled off tackles quickly instead of just resting there.

I watched the 2005 comeback against the Panthers just now and it's funny looking back. Only Snake, Watmough, Kite and King remain from that side. Luke Lewis has made the transition from winger to representative backrower since then. Des Hasler had a normal hairstyle. Galavao had a rich head of hair back then. Both Galavao and Rodney made the move from the Panthers to win a grand final with us.

Watching the match has also reminded me that this is the 11th NRL season that Snake has featured in and he wants to go on for at least four more. Long serving one club legends like Ballin, Matai and Glenn Stewart don't know what it feels like for their team to miss the finals. This is all one massive blast from the past.

Pittwater Legend said:

I was fortunate to get on that deal. Popped into JB Hi Fi at Warringah Mall yesterday to grab the one and only copy that was in store. The DVD ended up costing just under $22.

Watched the 1996 preliminary final last night and was blown away by how impressive the pace of the game was compared to what we see today. Gould crowned us the best defensive side he had ever seen during the telecast which is a huge complement when you consider that players peeled off tackles quickly instead of just resting there.

I watched the 2005 comeback against the Panthers just now and it's funny looking back. Only Snake, Watmough, Kite and King remain from that side. Luke Lewis has made the transition from winger to representative backrower since then. Des Hasler had a normal hairstyle. Galavao had a rich head of hair back then. Both Galavao and Rodney made the move from the Panthers to win a grand final with us.

Watching the match has also reminded me that this is the 11th NRL season that Snake has featured in and he wants to go on for at least four more. Long serving one club legends like Ballin, Matai and Glenn Stewart don't know what it feels like for their team to miss the finals. This is all one massive blast from the past.

Is that Penrith game the one when Penrith score a length of the field try by Preston Campbell, with Kennedy forcing him to put it down wide and they subsequently missed the conversion? I was at that one and it was that sort of effort (which ultimately gave us the win) that eventually became standard attitude to premiership success.

Pretty sure we had big comebacks two seasons running vs Penrith, in 05 and 06.

Good memory HH. We were running down the left hand side. Stephenson threw a short ball around our 40 metre line to an unmarked Donald but it was intercepted by Preston and he was contained to the sideline by Kennedy. The sideline conversion was missed. It was potentially a 12 point turnaround in a single play as Donald would have raced away to score.

In the corresponding match in 2006 we trailed Penrith 24-6. We ended up winning that one by 2.

Ordered mine on Monday and it still hasn't arrived. I have never ordered anything from JB hifi online before. How long do they usually take?

bones said:
Ordered mine on Monday and it still hasn't arrived. I have never ordered anything from JB hifi online before. How long do they usually take?

Bones, I have ordered DVD's and electrical items off them and always found the service excellent. You should have your order very soon. They email updates on delivery progress.

TWO DOGS said:
bones said:

Bones, I have ordered DVD's and electrical items off them and always found the service excellent. You should have your order very soon. They email updates on delivery progress.

Thanks Two Dogs. Haven't received an email yet.

Just watching the Saints semi . I'd forgotten how funny the rocks , paper , scissors try decider with Snake and Stranger was . Hilarious , great memories .

TWO DOGS said:
bones said:

@[bones]

If you log into the JB Hi-Fi website, you can track the status of your order if you go to your "ACCOUNT" and then select "Order history". Once the status says "COMPLETE", delivery is only about a day or so away (depending on where you live).

Jethro said:
TWO DOGS said:
bones said:

@[bones]

If you log into the JB Hi-Fi website, you can track the status of your order if you go to your "ACCOUNT" and then select "Order history". Once the status says "COMPLETE", delivery is only about a day or so away (depending on where you live).

@[Jethro] thanks mate.. Will do that.

Edit: it's 'In Progress' at the moment.

Got an email today saying my DVD has shipped. Finally. A week after I ordered an item that was 'in stock'. Will be the last time I order form JB hifi.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6