NRL.com Classic Matches

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
I don't want to give away any spoilers if anyone was planning to use this for their weekend entertainment - so stop reading now if that's the case!

Whoever is programming this would appear to enjoy seeing us suffer.
"From last-minute thrillers to amazing comebacks we've combed the archive to bring you simply the best. "
Or from last-minute thrillers that Manly blew or amazing comebacks that Manly couldn't quite pull off. I hope DCE isn't revisiting a couple of these memories :)

I don't want to give away any spoilers if anyone was planning to use this for their weekend entertainment - so stop reading now if that's the case!

Whoever is programming this would appear to enjoy seeing us suffer.
"From last-minute thrillers to amazing comebacks we've combed the archive to bring you simply the best. "
Or from last-minute thrillers that Manly blew or amazing comebacks that Manly couldn't quite pull off. I hope DCE isn't revisiting a couple of these memories :)
Probably pay back for DCE ripping into Toddy about the pay and retirement fund...

Is that the one when kerrod Walters bounced the ball? Ffs if so why put on a match that was decided by a clear ref mistake?

Is that the one when kerrod Walters bounced the ball? Ffs if so why put on a match that was decided by a clear ref mistake?
Yes! Also, the winning penalty was given for tackling a player without the ball....when they clearly had the ball!!!
It's a clear FU game to show especially when you consider the others on there.

Just watching the 1st half ,wont be watching the 2nd .
But gee Brett Stewart and Glen,Brett just superb so many fine skills ,like a virtuoso musician just superb ,and I think I can see a touch of that beautiful skill coming thru on Tommy esp in the game against the Rorters.
And Tooves he really could coach they were on fire in that 1st half ,he was unfortunatly a victim of circumstance during that period esp in 2015.
I hope one day he gets another chance
Go Manly

Clearly Suttoned once we had it all over them. One of many farcical Sutton perfornances over the years.

Agree. Just watched that first half v Melbourne 2014. That core would have to be one of the greatest to ever play the game as a unit at that point in time. And what I mean by that is the way they were playing then and there.

There had to be some bit part players but just look at the main men.

Snake
Matai
Killer
DCE
Foran
Ballin
Watmough
Glenn Stewart.

No bad on Toovey but if the club hadn't have played stupid with Hasler and he stayed we could have won 2008, 2011, 2014 and a few in between we are that good.

Agree. Just watched that first half v Melbourne 2014. That core would have to be one of the greatest to ever play the game as a unit at that point in time. And what I mean by that is the way they were playing then and there.

There had to be some bit part players but just look at the main men.

Snake
Matai
Killer
DCE
Foran
Ballin
Watmough
Glenn Stewart.

No bad on Toovey but if the club hadn't have played stupid with Hasler and he stayed we could have won 2008, 2011, 2014 and a few in between we are that good.
Yeah in hindsight one of our greatest eras great side

Watched an entertaining Classic Match yesterday - Round 13 2017 v. Raiders at Lottoland. Jurbo had played his first Origin a few days before & Turbo was out injured. His replacement, Matthew Wright played very well (missed a couple of goal kicks though). Manly dominated the first half - Dylan, DCE, Marty & Api exceptional. In the second half our defence fell away and the Raiders came back. DCE kept us in the game through excellent kicking, forcing three line dropouts. Jorge incurred an ACL injury in the second half which put him out for the season.

Watched an entertaining Classic Match yesterday - Round 13 2017 v. Raiders at Lottoland. Jurbo had played his first Origin a few days before & Turbo was out injured. His replacement, Matthew Wright played very well (missed a couple of goal kicks though). Manly dominated the first half - Dylan, DCE, Marty & Api exceptional. In the second half our defence fell away and the Raiders came back. DCE kept us in the game through excellent kicking, forcing three line dropouts. Jorge incurred an ACL injury in the second half which put him out for the season.

Manly have won 5 of the last 6 games against the Raiders, yet they show that game.

Manly won the game....in Golden Point :clap: Didn't wish to reveal the result in my post.

Good use of the spoiler button.

As a result you can ban one of these two posters for a week

@Woodsie
@40 nil

Choose wisely

download-e1538781985789.jpg

These classic games just make me sad for the great game we once had. So much more open, exciting, skilful. The complete opposite of the "Storm-Ball" that we have now.

I attended , and rewatched yesterday the 89 GF, Raiders and Balmain.

Compare that to the current game and see how you go it had EVERYTHING!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2