NRL changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing I don't like about the current points system in the NRL is that a team losing in Golden Point extra time get the same number of points - zero as a team that is flogged by 40 points. If we persist using this stupid tie breaker system (what's wrong with a draw in the regular season!?!?) then we should move to 4 points for a win in regular time, 2 points each for a draw after extra time & 1 point for a golden point loss. A team winning in golden point should only get 3 points.

I'd like to see golden try. No time limit. And for anyone that thinks it wouldn't work its a war of attrition. Eventually someone will get tired and miss a tackle. it'd be way more exciting than watching a bunch of morons try to kick a field goal for the first time ever.

Yep that would work, no replacements ( except concussion from foul play), penalties can't be converted just tap and run and six again .

Tiredness would set in and a tackle missed but I think the unlimited time would be finals only, otherwise a set time of say 10 extra each way and a draw if no score made.

bring back the biff.

captains challenge

ref's to enforce the rules (eg: If refs cant talk to players after penalties...then dont friggen talk to them)

2 min sin bin rule

Ref's responsibility to be ready if a player wants to take a quick tap....not the players responsibility to wait until the ref has done his hair and pointed to the mark.

revamp of the judiciary.

If it's golden try......only 10 players per side (or less than 13 anyway).

The nhl has points thusly: 2 for a win, and if it goes to overtime....still 2 for a win and losing team gets 1 point. works fine, no whining from anyone. They have 30 teams and 82 games though.

bring back the biff.

captains challenge

ref's to enforce the rules (eg: If refs cant talk to players after penalties...then dont friggen talk to them)

2 min sin bin rule

Ref's responsibility to be ready if a player wants to take a quick tap....not the players responsibility to wait until the ref has done his hair and pointed to the mark.

revamp of the judiciary.

The nhl has points thusly: 2 for a win, and if it goes to overtime....still 2 for a win and losing team gets 1 point. works fine, no whining from anyone. They have 30 teams and 82 games though.
oh and the one major change which would speed up the game and provide more entertainment. Stoppages every time the ball is not in play. Like afl. Clock stops at scrums and differential penalty blown if greater than 30 sec taken to pack the scrum. I put a clok on a game the other day. There was less than 70 min of actual footy played. In high scoring games its even less

The interchange rule will hopefully have a positive impact on the game,as long as it is done right. Dont mind the idea that you get to sub a player once. I agree the 40/20 and the corner post rules have been the best. The quick tap penatly is a decent concept aswell, made for some exciting footy at times.

I would like to see the zero tackle 20m restart changed to only apply if you kick outside the opposition 20. I dont think you should be penalised for being inside someones 20 and then kicking dead in goal.

Dont mind the idea of the bonus try point in the nines if you score in the bonus zone.

Teams should get a point for making to golden point, because the losing team plays a draw over 80mins then loses. Should get some recognition.

Finally it would be nice if the refs started to apply the rules to souffs and chooks (but i guess this one is only a pipe dream).

bring back the biff.

captains challenge

2 min sin bin rule

revamp of the judiciary.

Yeah bring back the biff, and with that the 5 minute sin bin.

Use the 5 minute sin bin.

Captains call is a good idea. Its has worked fairly well in cricket, so why not for RL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4