NRL blocks Daley/Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The NRL knows it needs to be very careful not to allow any conflict of interest with betting companies when it comes to clubs like the Tigers and Manly.

The Storm on the other hand….

Storm players to invest in online bookmaker owned by chairman​

Andrew Webster

Chief Sports Writer
March 25, 2022 — 5.30am
The NRL is set to allow a controversial proposal allowing Melbourne Storm players to invest in an online betting agency owned by their chairman Matt Tripp and News Corp.

The NRL knows it needs to be very careful not to allow any conflict of interest with betting companies when it comes to clubs like the Tigers and Manly.

Andrew Webster

Chief Sports Writer
March 25, 2022 — 5.30am
The NRL is set to allow a controversial proposal allowing Melbourne Storm players to invest in an online betting agency owned by their chairman Matt Tripp and News Corp.

Why am I not surprised about this, if this was a deal for Manly players...no way.

Daley has some profile from his playing days, and ongoing media presence, with a little bit of coaching.... but what would he REALLY bring to the table that couldn't be replicated under someone else?
Agree, besides, Daley's been out of the loop coaching wise for sometime now. No big loss at all.

Andrew Webster

Chief Sports Writer
March 25, 2022 — 5.30am

I’d be checking up on this.The story was in March and I recall reading somewhere that the Storm players knocked the offer back.The NRL can’t stop where players invest their money and they can’t gamble on the NRL(doesn’t mean they don’t do it,I suspect)

The club was looking for someone to mentor Schuster to become a champion five-eighth.....

I get that Cliffy and Alan Thompson have been out of the loop for too long.

Perhaps Killer can be persuaded to cease the pig-shooting for a bit and have an influence? He did play five-eighth in the 2008 grand-final, so he obviously knows something about the role.

The club was looking for someone to mentor Schuster to become a champion five-eighth.....

I get that Cliffy and Alan Thompson have been out of the loop for too long.

Perhaps Killer can be persuaded to cease the pig-shooting for a bit and have an influence? He did play five-eighth in the 2008 grand-final, so he obviously knows something about the role.

It's not rocket surgery Bob ... If Seib's, Flannagan, Dymock, Alan Hales and a coaching cast of thousands don't know the role of a 5/8 in the modern game ... we are truly doomed.

I doubt coaching the halves was the main reason we wanted him involved. I think he's still a Test selector (?) or just in general could help in luring a big name to the club.

It's not rocket surgery Bob ... If Seib's, Flannagan, Dymock, Alan Hales and a coaching cast of thousands don't know the role of a 5/8 in the modern game ... we are truly doomed.
Indeed...........

I’d be checking up on this.The story was in March and I recall reading somewhere that the Storm players knocked the offer back.The NRL can’t stop where players invest their money and they can’t gamble on the NRL(doesn’t mean they don’t do it,I suspect)
Matt Trip owner and Executive Chairman of Melbourne Storm, owns the online betting Company BetR, with of course....News LTd.

I saw what you did there Woodsie.
6C399F71-19CB-41DD-8A19-68BC243C1E31.jpeg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4