NRL bitten by their own rule !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

GG4Eagles

Rookie
I can't stop wondering what the NRL are now thinking with regards to stepping in and taking control of the GC Titans. I'm sure their plans were to get DCE up to the GC and restart the area with his presence. Of course their problem was that there is the Rnd13 rule that they put in place and yet it turns out that this same rule has bittem them.

For me they were stuffed when they took over the GC for this reason. They needed DCE to go to the GC to save the club however they also could not stop the backflip because of their own rule...damned if they did...damned if they didnt !

Well done Manly...finally a smart move.

Now they have to try to get Sezer to stay.
Why do Canberra need him with Austin, Cornish, Williams and McCrone all there?
At the end of the day, GC got Elgey, we got DCE. They can't whinge too much.

DCE had better watch out the next time he plays against the tits he may get thumped. All NRL sanctioned IMHO.

Just be careful pal. Watch your head.

Now they have to try to get Sezer to stay.
Why do Canberra need him with Austin, Cornish, Williams and McCrone all there?
At the end of the day, GC got Elgey, we got DCE. They can't whinge too much.
If Elgey wasnt such a beligerant little prick about staying with the Gold Coast and not being interested in signing with Manly the GC would have got their man. Now they are stuck with the beligerant little prick. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

DCE had better watch out the next time he plays against the tits he may get thumped. All NRL sanctioned IMHO.

Just be careful pal. Watch your head.
I say rest him,
Bring in Jeff Robson for a game. We'd still win easily even with his one run for 7 metres.

NYEagle

I can't stop wondering what the NRL are now thinking with regards to stepping in and taking control of the GC Titans. I'm sure their plans were to get DCE up to the GC and restart the area with his presence. Of course their problem was that there is the Rnd13 rule that they put in place and yet it turns out that this same rule has bittem them.

For me they were stuffed when they took over the GC for this reason. They needed DCE to go to the GC to save the club however they also could not stop the backflip because of their own rule...damned if they did...damned if they didnt !

Well done Manly...finally a smart move.
I was thinking the same thing, there are a lot of people in the media talking about DCE regaining his honor considering how this has panned out and well i think that's a load of bull**** and cant see how he has lost any to begin with as it is clear that DCE has not set any rules and has done nothing wrong.He has lived by the book.He has stayed with Manly through thick and thin so far and become a one club player and that's enough for me to respect. Weather its football or bricklaying or plastering or whatever, its a business and that will never change.The honor lies with his commitment to his family which most of society cannot even keep together. Shame on them. Go DCE and go Manly

If the media can get over Inglis, Barber, Bird beating their missus to now be nrl superstars.

If they can get over the big 3s 5 contracts and Danny wicks prison term.

I'm pretty sure they can get over a bloke taking job security for the sake of his family. All by the rules mind you. That many a player has done before.

Let's not have the facts get in the way of a good whinge though.

We should be honest. It's only a problem cause we're manly.

NRL have only themselves to blame for putting in place such a long transfer window with a get out clause, what did they expect to happen?.

NRL have only themselves to blame for putting in place such a long transfer window with a get out clause, what did they expect to happen?.
Exactly Peter as the DCE so called media put saga is exactly why the clause is there in the first place to protect all parties involved.But it seems the media now wants to tell the players how to use it,Its a business and should be treated as such and honor has no place in business and never will because they are complete opposites.

Exactly Peter as the DCE so called media put saga is exactly why the clause is there in the first place to protect all parties involved.But it seems the media now wants to tell the players how to use it,Its a business and should be treated as such and honor has no place in business and never will because they are complete opposites.

Grassy....you are correct. The media in my opinion is the real reason why this has blown up. A friend (who happens to be in the media funny enough) once told me "media 49% bullsh!t, 49% lies and 2% luck". The fact remains that media need to sell news so you'll see them taking every angle to ride their columns and notes. Not once did the media look at it from a business perspective because that doesn't sell paper (or blogs or online papers, etc).

MEME2015-06-03-08-16-04.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6