NRL ANNOUNCE SALARY CAP CHANGES

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm sure I also heard that it was going down from 8 years to 6 years. Anyone no how many we would have next year. And they still have to share the amount.
Agree DCE needs to talk to union. Great idea :)

damiennp90 said:
I'm sure I also heard that it was going down from 8 years to 6 years. Anyone no how many we would have next year. And they still have to share the amount.

That would be..........Brett Stewart, Lyon, Matai, Wolfman, Watmough, Ballin, King - at an absolute minimum.

And this 6 years is a joke - a 4 year deal isn't that uncommon. 6 years isn't "long" serving. 8 at least is where it should be. It's 10 years in the AFL - with a 112k allowance FOR EACH PLAYER.

THAT is a real allowance.

HappilyManly said:
Nein News reported this story as even more convoluted and open to corruption.
'David Smith will have discretion to help a Club recruit, outside of the Cap, a Player from outside the code'. They had that ponce SBW and the cry baby Folau as examples FFS :dodgy:

Wonder if the Donkeys have K Hunt in their sites for DS to start disenfranchising even more NRL Fans with his business acumen :mad:

DCE had better start talking AFL/RU, so that DS can throw the Farm at him and he stays in RL at Manly :idea:

Agreed, so as expected and predicted the 'changes' are after gifty is forced to sign elsewhere.

The changes don't significantly help long term one club players (need to wait until all of Manly's go then the nrl will make a raft of significant changes).

Now smith is able to throw a heap of money at cry babies who run off to another code, whilst still doing sfa for loyal players of this one.

To actually sit there and tout the amazing jobs they are all doing whilst todd is bending every rule to help the bulldogs is truly mind shattering on many levels.

You'd write them an email but I think we've all read the standard response Ryan's email got.

mmmdl said:
And this 6 years is a joke - a 4 year deal isn't that uncommon. 6 years isn't "long" serving. 8 at least is where it should be. It's 10 years in the AFL - with a 112k allowance FOR EACH PLAYER.

THAT is a real allowance.

I think you will find 6 years was determined after careful analysis of the Bulldogs and Roosters rosters. They must have both signed a lot of players in 2009.

I think Rugby League needs to be able to attract and keep superstars to compete with Union, AFL, Soccer. But my issue is this is so open to certain teams getting the benefits and others screwed. We're probably lucky with a DCE who is high profile, so he probably does need to start talking to union. But what about say the Panthers? Who is their highest profile player? Soward? Idris? They start talking to Union who is going to step in?

And then what if Folau wants to talk to the Roosters (say whilst SBW is still there). Do the Roosters get 2 of these types, or does David Smith say 'no Israel you need to go to the Panthers....sorry Toddy what was that? Oh sorry I mean you need to go to the Bulldogs'.

Let's see, sign a 2 year deal for Rugby world cup period ... allow myself to be "lured" back to league for 2 years .... sign a 2 year deal for Rugby world cup ... allow myself to be "lured" back to league for 2 years ... sign a 2 ye

you get the picture, these are the mercenaries Smith and Greenturd consider of value to our game, and who are the future of it, and must have the rules bent and resources thrown at them.

Personnally, Hunt, folau, Benji and SBW going to union has made zero difference to me and they can take fifita, Burgess and anybody else with them and I don't give a ..

But losing a club stalwart and loyal player that wants to stay to another club undermines the whole issue of tribalism that is the very fabric of league, and does more damage to fans than some jerk going to union ever will.

So they way this works is that the NRL can pay to bring Folau, Khunt, SBW back at any time in the future and then a club like the roosters just sign them up for $500k a year under the alary cap while clubs like Manly who develop players have to pay players full value under their cap.

What a ****en joke of a system which will be open to favouritism?

The sooner these idiots like Smith and Grant go the better the game will be

If the NRL is going to pay a 'marquee' player to remain in the game then, in the interests of fairness, he should be forced to play with the current wooden spooners. Just like the AFL gives poor clubs more recruitment advantages.
Let's see how these 'marquees' like being told where they have to play!

damiennp90 said:

Six seasons to the end of 2014 include;

Anthony Watmough
Brett Stewart
* Glenn Stewart
Jason King
Steve Matai
Jamie Lyon
Matt Ballin
** Daly Cherry-Evans
David Williams
** Jamie Buhrer
** Kieran Foran

* Already gone.
** Including NYC seasons

The NRL bend over backwards to keep those players who don't want to play NRL or just use the NRL as a revolving door to get the money.

Yet the NRL does very little to retain long serving players.

Go figure????

Greenburg says bend over Ill drive to Manly and Gifty
Check out what the grade A F-wit ennis says here: https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/news/article/-/23326918/nrl-salary-cap-change-works-for-ennis/ :Ennis shapes as potentially the biggest winner from the changes, given 2014 is his sixth year in blue and white and he's so far held off on inking a new deal

FMD it didnt take long.
F you greenburg.

Just saw this point made clear on Sterlo too.

It is no coincidence, nor is it paranoia from rival fans...

It is fact now folks.

Unbelievable.

a little lip stick thrown our way would of been nice...I mean if you have to @#$% us at least let us put on a little lippy so we look pretty.

^ I noticed a news ticker thingy on Fox Sports News about this, with something about Ennis hoping to remain a "one-club player", which conveniently ignores the fact he started at Newcastle, switched to the Dragons then went to the Broncos before he wound up being bought not bred at the Dogs. He's been an A-grade wanker for a long, long time. At four separate clubs.

RiverEagle said:
Just saw this point made clear on Sterlo too.

It is no coincidence, nor is it paranoia from rival fans...

It is fact now folks.

Unbelievable.

I was just reading an opinion piece about the deceased Ryan Tandy here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-08/gambling-led-to-nrl-footballer-ryan-tandys-life-unravelling/5440368?google_editors_picks=true

And I found this part interesting:

A few weeks later Mr Schell decided to alert the Bulldogs, according to Mr Schell's evidence.

He arranged to meet Bulldogs football manager Alan Thompson and the club's then CEO Todd Greenberg (now the NRL's deputy chief executive) at a cafe in Homebush, where he says he showed them Tandy's betting ledger and the series of losing bets that had been placed on races and rugby league matches.

Despite the evidence, nothing was officially done and Mr Schell says the pair simply told him to take up the issue with Mr Ayoub.

Mr Greenberg and Mr Thompson declined an interview. Through a spokesman, Mr Greenberg denied being told about Tandy's NRL betting plunge.

Seems the nrl's ceo has alleged selective memory on a variety of bulldogs indiscretions but still happy to bend to rules to support his old club.

The nrl feels dirtier everytime this ceo makes a decision.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Thanks for that link @globaleagle, though it's hardly surprising, it still confirms that growing stench around Greenberg.

The NRL has an Integrity Unit to monitor and discipline players, clubs, coaches, trainers et all...but who are THEY accountable too?

Greenberg just seems to grow exponentially more jaundiced and infects the whole code from the very top down.

You can't excuse Tandy's choices, but sadly that self-destruction is too common and certainly familiar, either directly or remotely, to most of us.

And if not the Bulldogs specifically, and Greenberg as their CEO at the time, having a duty of care to all their contracted players, the NRL itself should have more supports in place for their ''employees''....esp in areas like addictions and mental health.

Tandy screwed up and made seriously poor life choices, but the apparent abandonment by the NRL, and the Bulldogs hierarchy - GREENBURG in particular - is just as poor.

Now Greenberg has taken that same code of conduct and ethics to the very top, and we are clearly seeing the NRL run accordingly.

RiverEagle said:
You can't excuse Tandy's choices, but sadly that self-destruction is too common and certainly familiar, either directly or remotely, to most of us.

And if not the Bulldogs specifically, and Greenberg as their CEO at the time, having a duty of care to all their contracted players, the NRL itself should have more supports in place for their ''employees''....esp in areas like addictions and mental health.

Tandy screwed up and made seriously poor life choices, but the apparent abandonment by the NRL, and the Bulldogs hierarchy - GREENBURG in particular - is just as poor
I have little time for Greenberg, in particular his exoneration over the Barba affair wasn't very convincing.
But I think you're being a bit harsh on this one if you're implying Tandy only became a match-fixer because Greenberg and the club weren't supportive enough?
And once he'd chosen that path, the game was quite within it's rights to send him packing. It was a fairly fundamental betrayal after all.

As for Ennis, I get the impression the Dogs have already decided against him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4