NRL - an unfair competion.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not
Really
Liked

I would like to see a different schedule rolled out over the next few years but better used to Monday nights and 2 Fri games.

We complain about it each and every year. Why bother? This is a reward for the Broncos winning what they started - The super league war. I am just surprised they have only won 3 comps since but then again they have had to share the spoils with another Super League creation - The Storm!
Each time we are successful under trying circumstances, they think of another way to try and hobble us. 2008 and 2011 is a top effort but all the effort is starting to take a toll. Compared with the AFL the NRL is a corrupt organisation. If the Gold Coast is bailed out this will be undeniable proof of it!!!

The real villans here are Chan 9.....on a professional basis I work with the Bronco's now and can assure you they love Sunday arvo football just as much as we all do. They have a huge regional membership who can never make Friday night games and so they lament that they almost never get Sundays so those members can attend. The crowd numbers also suggest that this is the case with more attending on the Sunday arvo games than Friday night.

The NRL (in my understanding) have nothing to do with whom the TV Channels pick for games, and the sad fact is there's just one Queensland side that rates in Brisbane the biggest TV market, so Id say their run of Fridays will continue long into the year, except when they in New Zealand (Saturday night game) and when the play later in the year at Townsville (which will be a Saturday night game as always).

Until we have another successful club here that isn't going to change anytime soon.

niccipops said:
silvertail said:
There should be one Friday night game only.
Only 2 7:30pm games on Saturday.
On Sunday, one game at noon, two games at 2pm, two games at 3pm.
No games on Monday.

The AFL don't have our ridiculous scheduling, so we should still be able to get a better deal.

After the draw is released, each home team should pick when they want to play and enter a second and third preference for members of the Commission to fairly arbitrate so that all teams are treated equally. this should all be resolved before the season starts.

Compare that to the current system. The Broncos bias is grossly unfair and heads should roll for allowing their unfair advantage.
Absolutely! I think the boredom of employment related, situational isolation from family and friends could see me writing a letter on the subject to the Independent Commission.
I also have plans to write to the new Qld Premier asking him to explain how my family will be better off under his leadership.
I'm scaring myself. I think I need a hobby.
Go Manly!

You have a hobby Nicci, it is writing to people.

One can only imagine that whoever is going to pay top dollar to win the tv rights is going to insist they have the same power over game scheduling....

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8