NRL 9s close to being locked in

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
What do the Players get?
The financial benefit is basically for TV and for the winning Club, all the others just take on the risk for negative return.:dodgy:

There should be Insurance cover for Clubs that end up losing players from the regular season, but still have to pay their salaries.:idea:

Family and work/study commitments do not seem to be included on the Agenda either.:dodgy:

Many Players have young children who will be left behind in Oz for 'The Good of The Game':dodgy:

Seems that the humanity of the Players is lost in the machinery of milking every cent out of them by TV:cool:

Players are covered, same if they went and played tests for other Countries.
The Italian team for the World Cup and this will contain the likes of Gower, Minichello's x2,Laffrenchi etc aren't getting paid because they've decided that the money can go back into developing the game in Italy.

Professional Athlete's so would find a way around them ie a latter date or bring it forward - many U20's do it this way.

Families would be use to there father going away to play in some cases they might even come. 4 days in NZ why not.

As for milking them the players were against it until they heard how much they could possibly get paid.

Clint said:
As you touched on Kiwi.
With prize money being as reported, why wouldn't you field a full strength team?
Still reinforces my point of the disparity in $$$ distribution at NRL level.

That's a fairly simplistic attitude. I really don't know how you can compare an event run over two days to a competition that runs over 7-8 months and whose administration runs 12 months of the year. As an example how much money will the 9s tournament put into regional league and junior leagues and promoting the game in general?

This is a one-off tournament run over two days. They will get a ton of sponsorship and a huge gate. They would have to offer up huge prize money otherwise people will question where all the money goes.

CAMBO said:
Stevo said:
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Matai
5. Peta Hiku
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry - Evans
8. Anthony Watmough
9. Brenton Lawrence

10. Jamie Buhrer
11. Justin Horo
12. Tom Symomds
13. Someone else

Leave Brett out too important to our hopes to play in a nines comp.

Would u have gift in there.

I don't think so. Don't think he's quick enough and will probably need a good off season and pre season to get right.

For the media hacks that trawl this site for news stories.

If the All Stars game is to be scrapped for the Auckland 9s with all the NRL clubs then why not also add in an Indigenous 7s team, Maoris 7s team and Pacifica 7s team.

Is it 7s or 9s? I have no idea. Care factor zero. I would rather a pre season NRL boxing or darts tournament. 16 players, one from each club.

Kiwi Eagle said:
mozgrame said:
I like cake!

Somebody has done a study that found if you sing happy birthday before eating cake it makes it taste better lol

Yeah haha. Not for the guests though, funnily enough. Maybe the copious amounts of newly sprayed saliva has something to do with that. lol

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6