NRL 360 - The word of Kenty.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I just wish Maroon would dump all the dirt he has on the 3 of them....would be GOLD to watch them get some of their own back

I just wish Maroon would dump all the dirt he has on the 3 of them....would be GOLD to watch them get some of their own back
Me too but if they’ve paid or are negotiating a settlement he most probably had to sign an NDA stopping him from commenting about the incident.

Ah, sorry. It was about 1.30am my time when you posted this so I was out clubbing fast asleep.

I can't seem to get the DT articles anymore. It brings up some 'no cookies' page and if no matter what angle I take...it's worked me out. Though why a company like the DT wants to make it hard for anyone to red their dribble...I dunno.

I just tried it again taking all restrictions off but only get that no cookies thing, sorry.

Sorry MadMarcus, I just spent 5 minutes trying to copy and paste, and attach a PDF, but no luck.

The link should work for you, I checked it without being logged in to ST’s and also when logged in.

Nope, still blocked for me using two different browsers.

Does the article defend Kent or slam all 3 stooges ?

Thanks for trying @Leader of the Flock. I can't get the link to work either @pt73 but I found it on reddit....

With a fond farewell each Sunday afternoon Anthony Maroon, once the much-loved host of Triple M’s Sunday Sin Bin, now retired, would announce Happy Hour was starting and so, sadly, it was time for me to go.

When McDonald’s sponsored the show for a while I wasn’t allowed to buy a McHappy Meal.

Well, settle in, as the next six minutes or so won’t be a part of Happy Hour, either.

What has followed Maroon’s walkout two Sundays ago since is a solid distortion of facts where Maroon has somehow emerged as a sympathetic victim of bullying, which suggests a man attacked without the ability to defend himself.

Most allegations have come from those who have never listened to the show or who don’t have an understanding of what happens every week, making their accusations naive.

Maroon’s fear of the Australian Tax Office, and that he loved cash jobs, was a consistent joke on the show.

He has a sideline business hosting corporate functions alongside big name NRL stars.

It was a simple joke, not particularly funny, that was driven for no other reason than to elicit a response from him.

That was when it got funny, as one of Maroon’s great talents was the gift of being able to blow up while maintaining a laugh in his voice that brought you in on the laugh.

He was a funny man.

Sunday started normally enough until Maroon read a paid ad for Apricity Finance and Gorden Tallis, noting the irony, quipped that Maroon would “never work for an invoicing firm”.

And so it began, with Maroon quickly threatening to out myself, Tallis and James Hooper about our own private lives.

At no point was anything in the exchange said to Maroon that had not been said before. He had heard it and dealt with it all before.

“Can we get a walkout today, do you reckon?” Hooper asked.

“We might get a walkout,” Maroon said.

For weeks now we had been joking, off-air, about Maroon doing another walkout.

I say another because he walked out at Brookvale Oval five or six years back when he hosted the show with myself, Tallis and Ryan Girdler.

Back then he was gone about 45 minutes or so before he returned.

Maroon was known for grand gestures. It was part of his routine on the show.

He claimed on air in 2020 that if the Gold Coast Titans won five games in a row he would get a sex change.

The bet looked safe enough as the Titans had won just four games in total the previous season, but he was stirring the pot because Tallis was a Titans ambassador and had talked up their chances early in the season.

Then, wouldn’t you know, the Titans won the last five games of the season to land the bet, but he reneged.

Before the first round of the season a year earlier he claimed in an interview on regional radio that if the Roosters beat his Rabbitohs he would stand outside a pub in Port Macquarie in a Roosters cheergirl outfit and sing the Roosters’ team song.

The Roosters won, he reneged on the bet.

He claimed in 2019 that if Parramatta or Penrith made the top eight he would sing the national anthem at the grand final.

The Eels finished fifth and he tried to wriggle his way out of it until then-NRL boss Todd Greenberg organised it so Maroon stood on the field, mic in hand, to sing the anthem.

The point is, the grand gestures - like the walkout at Brookvale - were part of what he brought to the show.

Within that were the constant sharp insults. It made him popular, the little man fighting back.

He called Tallis “Uncle Fester” because of his bald head. He claimed Tallis was too tight to buy a car which is why he kept getting loan cars from Titans’ owner Rebecca Frizelle, and he made it a regular part of the show.

He called Aaron Woods “Sharon Woods” and when Woods walked into the studio a few weeks ago after being dropped by the Dragons he told him he heard he had a new position, “Left right out”.

Sideline eye Brent Read was “Mr Peabody” because of his thick glasses. Benji Marshall was too big a star to bother returning his calls.

Everybody gave as good as they got and Maroon was popular with listeners because he had the sharp tongue, giving it back.

Until Maroon, suddenly overly sensitive, took a tired joke and blew it up two Sundays ago.

Of course it laboured too long, which has irked some, but as someone that was part of it and had been down this road many times before we believed it was because he was simply driving it to get to the point to justify him walking out once again, making another grand gesture.

All part of the show.

Since then, though, almost all commentary around it has been of bullying and how we did not let up.

The only surprise at the time was that it took so long before he did walk out.

Since then, though, the mental health warriors have framed it as a simple case of bullying to justify what is really just a media pile on. We exposed a flank and they attacked.

The pile-on for Hooper, both in social and mainstream media, is ten-fold to what Maroon copped yet none of these mental health warriors have considered that, instead taking comfort in being part of the righteous majority.

We live in a world of snowflakes, sadly.

Maroon is being repositioned as a champion of the cause, even doing a victory dance last Friday when he was congratulated at a function for standing up to us, his persecutors.

There once was a time when lunatics on soapboxes in Hyde Park were put in the asylum.

They progressed from that to writing on the back of dunny doors.

Nowadays they live on Twitter and quickly demand not justice but a win at all costs victory, whatever the collateral damage, and since Sunday they have been tweeting hard, asking where is my apology.

Well, that won’t be happening.

Thanks for trying @Leader of the Flock. I can't get the link to work either @pt73 but I found it on reddit....

With a fond farewell each Sunday afternoon Anthony Maroon, once the much-loved host of Triple M’s Sunday Sin Bin, now retired, would announce Happy Hour was starting and so, sadly, it was time for me to go.

When McDonald’s sponsored the show for a while I wasn’t allowed to buy a McHappy Meal.

Well, settle in, as the next six minutes or so won’t be a part of Happy Hour, either.

What has followed Maroon’s walkout two Sundays ago since is a solid distortion of facts where Maroon has somehow emerged as a sympathetic victim of bullying, which suggests a man attacked without the ability to defend himself.

Most allegations have come from those who have never listened to the show or who don’t have an understanding of what happens every week, making their accusations naive.

Maroon’s fear of the Australian Tax Office, and that he loved cash jobs, was a consistent joke on the show.

He has a sideline business hosting corporate functions alongside big name NRL stars.

It was a simple joke, not particularly funny, that was driven for no other reason than to elicit a response from him.

That was when it got funny, as one of Maroon’s great talents was the gift of being able to blow up while maintaining a laugh in his voice that brought you in on the laugh.

He was a funny man.

Sunday started normally enough until Maroon read a paid ad for Apricity Finance and Gorden Tallis, noting the irony, quipped that Maroon would “never work for an invoicing firm”.

And so it began, with Maroon quickly threatening to out myself, Tallis and James Hooper about our own private lives.

At no point was anything in the exchange said to Maroon that had not been said before. He had heard it and dealt with it all before.

“Can we get a walkout today, do you reckon?” Hooper asked.

“We might get a walkout,” Maroon said.

For weeks now we had been joking, off-air, about Maroon doing another walkout.

I say another because he walked out at Brookvale Oval five or six years back when he hosted the show with myself, Tallis and Ryan Girdler.

Back then he was gone about 45 minutes or so before he returned.

Maroon was known for grand gestures. It was part of his routine on the show.

He claimed on air in 2020 that if the Gold Coast Titans won five games in a row he would get a sex change.

The bet looked safe enough as the Titans had won just four games in total the previous season, but he was stirring the pot because Tallis was a Titans ambassador and had talked up their chances early in the season.

Then, wouldn’t you know, the Titans won the last five games of the season to land the bet, but he reneged.

Before the first round of the season a year earlier he claimed in an interview on regional radio that if the Roosters beat his Rabbitohs he would stand outside a pub in Port Macquarie in a Roosters cheergirl outfit and sing the Roosters’ team song.

The Roosters won, he reneged on the bet.

He claimed in 2019 that if Parramatta or Penrith made the top eight he would sing the national anthem at the grand final.

The Eels finished fifth and he tried to wriggle his way out of it until then-NRL boss Todd Greenberg organised it so Maroon stood on the field, mic in hand, to sing the anthem.

The point is, the grand gestures - like the walkout at Brookvale - were part of what he brought to the show.

Within that were the constant sharp insults. It made him popular, the little man fighting back.

He called Tallis “Uncle Fester” because of his bald head. He claimed Tallis was too tight to buy a car which is why he kept getting loan cars from Titans’ owner Rebecca Frizelle, and he made it a regular part of the show.

He called Aaron Woods “Sharon Woods” and when Woods walked into the studio a few weeks ago after being dropped by the Dragons he told him he heard he had a new position, “Left right out”.

Sideline eye Brent Read was “Mr Peabody” because of his thick glasses. Benji Marshall was too big a star to bother returning his calls.

Everybody gave as good as they got and Maroon was popular with listeners because he had the sharp tongue, giving it back.

Until Maroon, suddenly overly sensitive, took a tired joke and blew it up two Sundays ago.

Of course it laboured too long, which has irked some, but as someone that was part of it and had been down this road many times before we believed it was because he was simply driving it to get to the point to justify him walking out once again, making another grand gesture.

All part of the show.

Since then, though, almost all commentary around it has been of bullying and how we did not let up.

The only surprise at the time was that it took so long before he did walk out.

Since then, though, the mental health warriors have framed it as a simple case of bullying to justify what is really just a media pile on. We exposed a flank and they attacked.

The pile-on for Hooper, both in social and mainstream media, is ten-fold to what Maroon copped yet none of these mental health warriors have considered that, instead taking comfort in being part of the righteous majority.

We live in a world of snowflakes, sadly.

Maroon is being repositioned as a champion of the cause, even doing a victory dance last Friday when he was congratulated at a function for standing up to us, his persecutors.

There once was a time when lunatics on soapboxes in Hyde Park were put in the asylum.

They progressed from that to writing on the back of dunny doors.

Nowadays they live on Twitter and quickly demand not justice but a win at all costs victory, whatever the collateral damage, and since Sunday they have been tweeting hard, asking where is my apology.

Well, that won’t be happening.
What a surprise, it's all Maroon's fault.

Was that diatribe written by Kent or some other reptile ?

By Kent himself. I can’t imagine anyone else would have the same view…
only his best mate Hooper.

If Hooper doesn't like the downsides of being on social media like being criticized then just delete your Twitter account.

It's not that hard, you can find instructions with a Google search.

only his best mate Hooper.

If Hooper doesn't like the downsides of being on social media like being criticized then just delete your Twitter account.

It's not that hard, you can find instructions with a Google search.
Those parasites live off this stuff. They would love being in the limelight and stroking their over inflated egos.

I can’t believe the Tele actually printed that diatribe. Damn ‘Hissy fit’ by Kent and he would have been better off to just let it fade away.

Next it will be lawyers at 10 paces.

Those parasites live off this stuff. They would love being in the limelight and stroking their over inflated egos.
I doubt Kent has ever been wrong in his life, well according to him anyway.

Such is his ego, he must be great mates with Gus.

Paul Kent said:
I am a monumental bell-end and as a result of this incident I will quit the media and not be making public comments for the rest of my life as its in everyone's best interest

Well I'm glad he has the self awareness and I support the decision

Kent is an arrogant man and is hard to like
Hooper is just so bland its hard to make a call
Tallis played hard , is honest in his appraisals but struggles in the media
Marroon , as all employees, has rights to persue any claim

No doubt there is more than meets the eye in this , and i dont think its right to be an expert on the matter because someone has an agenda with one of the above. No one knows the full story except those involved and there has to be a better way to resolve this than unleashing the KARENS or the DERRICKS.

If this is where we are at , its a pretty sad state. Trial by media is **** in every situation, while its fair to argue allowing the media a taste of there own medicine is fitting, ignoring stuff, setting your standard higher and making them change is the only way to rid ourselves of such a scourge.

If you keep peeping at the peep show, it will keep showing

Recently i watched the SBS show INSIGHT. The show called reputation. Its a sad reflection of our media and in turn those that support stories based on harm to others. Its a really good watch .

Be strong to yourself , always , because this is women's weekly stuff . Fair dinkum. You can support maroon in other ways than burning the witches. burning a witch wont make mmm change there ways. In fact they would provide the match if there is a buck in it

question time

Is maroon and his job / mental health your driver or wanting kent and co blood.

If maroon was sacked for being boreing would you still have the same passion .

is my dad yoda

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10