NRL 2023: Every side's predicted team list for Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bit of mystery about Saab, some people saying injury not as bad as first thought and may start in Rd1 and Lawton looking like early June.
Lawton that bad, and we STILL won't recruit a hooker. 🤦‍♂️

Lawton surely won't be ready by round one - time to see if Weekes or Roache can fight it out for that spot. Lawton's injury - the worst-case scenario - will sideline him for possibly up to a year. So I'd say April or May for him.

Good opportunity for someone else to put up a hand as a bench utility - let's see what Weekes or Roache (if he gets kept on the payroll) can do.

Saab was back running in October from his ACL injury, so he sounds like a definite starter for round one.

Looking at every team's pack, I have to say on paper (assuming Klemmar goes to Tigers), we have the weakest list of forwards with maybe the Dragons. In most cases, by quite a fair bit.

Hopefully Seibs, Flanno, and Dymock can do a Todd Payton 2022 and galvanise a group of relatively average forwards into becoming a fit, aggressive and cohesive unit. Cause we are sure as hell missing a fair bit of talent in the forwards
Agreed under the old regime of mediocre fitness, training and attitude. Will be interesting to see if the new regime can turn these speed bump plodders into an effective unified force.

It’s one of the weakest line ups we have put out there in living memory.

Des and Trent Barrett had much stronger squads with api / fainu / tapau and AFB at the peak of their powers.

Assuming Saab and Lawton are ok wouldn’t mind seeing this

1 Trbojevic
2 Saab
3 Garrick
4 Koula
5 Tuipulotu
6 Schuster
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Aloiai
9 Croker
10 Trbojevic
11 Olakau’atu
12 Tuilagi
13 Lawton

14 Weekes
15 Tuitivake
16 Paseka
17 Sipley

18 Parker

Keppie unsure why we resigned he really went backwards last year

Tuitivake looks massive in recent training pics would love to see him get a go off the bench.

Assuming Saab and Lawton are ok wouldn’t mind seeing this

1 Trbojevic
2 Saab
3 Garrick
4 Koula
5 Tuipulotu
6 Schuster
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Aloiai
9 Croker
10 Trbojevic
11 Olakau’atu
12 Tuilagi
13 Lawton

14 Weekes
15 Tuitivake
16 Paseka
17 Sipley

18 Parker

Keppie unsure why we resigned he really went backwards last year

Tuitivake looks massive in recent training pics would love to see him get a go off the bench.
Good team @Mataiforever but I don't think Lawton will be available for round one.
I would like to see Condon given a run in the trials at lock, and if he shapes up ok, given a go at lock next season. I also think Bullemore is going to have a breakout year with some new coaching.

1 Trbojevic
2 Saab
3 Garrick
4 Koula
5 Tuipulotu
6 Schuster
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Aloiai
9 Croker
10 Trbojevic
11 Olakau’atu
12 Tuilagi
13 Condon

14 Weekes
15 Bullemore
16 Paseka
17 Sipley

If Des was still coaching Harper and Parker would have been named in the centres.
Still think Siebold will go with Parker initially, especially if Saab misses the early rounds. Garrick's a permanent standby for Turbo Tom, so with this in mind having him in the centres is a more demanding position and therefore more prone to injury.

Still really can "t go with the notion of Garrick automatically going to a centre position . And with Saab unavailable for a while , Tippy toes struggling for a bit of form towards last season's end , would seem more of an issue there [ wing ] to get the best fit . No indication of Parker or Harper being that or disgruntled yet so maybe not just a given yet . Good suggestion to have Weekes on the bench but how much game time would he be likely to get considering he at this stage is primarily a full back , inside back type player . Not sure about Condon as a 13 , thought that he is more of a hard running 2 nd rower or prop , Still a shame that Bulemor was not able to find his best niche last season and with his undoubted ability . Not out of the question that he could maybe evolve into a suitable type 13 if he can get his defence into some order , ball playing should be not that much of a transition Maybe not the initial acceleration of say Walker but natural speed and open field running would certainly be in his favour

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7