NOW He's a SENSATION

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was sensationally underwhelming. No defence, no speed, no desire. I hope some club pays far too much money for him but I doubt they will and i'm ecstatic the Hopoate name will no longer be associated with MWSE.
Until the next joker rolls off the ‘birth control, what birth control?’ production line and through the lower grades looking for a more lucrative future elsewhere.

The club did the right thing. His performances were extremely average...
As for the Hopoate name, I’m not prepared to judge all Hopoates based on John’s behaviour. Will seems like a reasonable lad. All the best to Albert, but he’ll need to be a lot better than what we’ve seen to play first grade consistently.

Can't judge him on those few games, as still recovering from horrific injuries and still early days, but made it damn hard for Manly to keep him with his (dads) demands and in actual fact....the loyalty the club showed him was not reciprocated.
Regardless of how he turns out, happy with Manlys NEW outside back signings and he will regret how this turns out more than Manly

But those who like sensationalism journalism for a laugh - here it is !!

Ex-Sea Eagles sensation Albert Hopoate seen touring rival club​

Last edited:
NRL transfer news: Albert Hopoate linked to Canberra Raiders

For years the Raiders had to pay overs to attract talent, but things have changed in Canberra and one man can take the credit.

Albert Hopoate, the hottest young free agent on the player market this summer, is edging closer to finding a new home in season 2021.

The Daily Telegraph understands Hopoate and his management toured Canberra’s state of the art training facilities on Monday.

Raiders recruitment boss Peter Mulholland confirmed the visit and said the ACT club was interested in the rising back and would initiate further talks during the week.

“He came down to have a look. We are interested in any young player that has talent and potential and Albert is certainly one of those players. He was the outstanding player in his group coming through,” Mulholland.

With the likes of centre Curtis Scott and Bailey Simonsson to return from injury and the rise of Semi Valemei, Hopoate’s addition would serve to add depth to Canberra’s back stocks.

Despite suffering two ACL injuries in the space of 12 months, Hopoate, 19, made his highly anticipated NRL debut for the Manly Sea Eagles in round 16 this year, and went on to play every other game in the season.

The Sea Eagles had loaned Hopoate out to the New Zealand Warriors prior to his debut but then recalled the teen sensation into the side after coach Des Hasler suffered his own injury crisis at Narrabeen.

But the Sea Eagles opted to not retain Hopoate beyond season 2020.

Mulholland believes Hopoate’s desire to join the Raiders is yet another sign the club has turned the corner in its ability to not only attract but retain talent.

It wasn’t all too long ago when the Raiders were forced to pay overs in a bid to lure the game’s best talent to the nation’s capital.

In 2014, Sydney Roosters fullback James Tedesco reneged on an offer to join the Raiders and in 2016 Penrith winger Josh Mansour knocked back a lucrative offer to move to Canberra.

But with the Raiders now a finals force under coach Ricky Stuart, Mulholland said those days are over and the club is constantly turning away talent.
More Coverage
Tiger’s threat: Star could join rival over pay impasse Cocaine shock: Naden suspended after positive test KFC SuperCoach NRL: 21 players to watch in 2021

“Ricky has done a tremendous job in turning around the way the club was once perceived. We are the ones turning players away now. We are now getting phone calls about players wanting to come to our club … and of course if it’s the right player for our club we are happy to take a look at it,” Mulholland said.

“Ricky has put in a position where we have a chance at the best young talent in the game.”

I wish young Hoppa no ill ... good luck to him ... and I woud be happy to give him a development spot .. but $200k and an important top 30 spot, given our glut of outside backs was never on after his less than stellar performances ...

Last edited:
The media have an obsession (or a problem) in general. Almost every player is described as a ‘star’ when in reality they are just players. Same way anyone appearing on a reality show or the likes automatically become ‘celebrities’ when In reality they are just plain old contestants. It’s just plain stupid or is it just this generation that crave fame and adoration

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4