NOW HAND PICK YOUR 2nd Squad .. is it better than the firsts ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Coach - Bob Fulton
1 - Brett Stewart
2 - Tom Mooney
3 -- Michael O'Connor
4 - Steve Matai
5 - Michael Robertson
6 - Alan Thompson
7 - DCE
8 - Brent Kite
9 - Matt Ballin
10 - Bill Hamilton
11 - Stephen Knight
12 - Bruce Walker
13 - Ian Martin

Reserves
14 - Johnny Gibbs
15 - Noel Cleal
16 - Phil Lowe
17 - Mark Carroll
like the back line but would put Gartner [ Frogs eyes was simply electric ] just ahead of Matai and Innes . Cleal and Lowe i n the 2 nd row , Kosef at lock but hard to omit B K and Fatty ] , Mal Cochrane at 9 , Spud at prop. Bench Phil Blake , Bruce Walker , Boyd and Harvey [ just ahead of Cement ]

Higgs was awesome at parra, a flop at manly (opposite to the usual pattern!).

Albert missed every tackle he attempted.

I just couldn’t take to lane, probably his manner of leaving left a bad taste. He scored a few tries but for mine he went missing.

Agree with good way, disappointing.

Forrester and Tutt were hard workers at a time when the team was very weak. We got lapped but I remember them trying hard.
Higgs was starting in the early stages in Manly i st grade and doing O K but then aggravated a back injury which pretty much stuffed his ongoing Manly stay as well as his career . Eels obviously were aware of his injury problem , Manly simply took a punt that it would come good but wasn 't to be and lucky Goldie Walker and Randell had good seasons in the back row[ along with Harvey occasionally during the actual season ] and of course through that epic final 's series of 78

Higgs was awesome at parra, a flop at manly (opposite to the usual pattern!).

Albert missed every tackle he attempted.

I just couldn’t take to lane, probably his manner of leaving left a bad taste. He scored a few tries but for mine he went missing.

Agree with good way, disappointing.

Forrester and Tutt were hard workers at a time when the team was very weak. We got lapped but I remember them trying hard.
Who Tried hard, but went average I would say Nathan Long and tried hard at that time and a bloke I liked how he played, was Mark Shipway....I agree the 2 in Tutt and Forrester tried hard which I respect, but shows that sad time as were reserve graders busting their guts....which more than levels out to a good player with a pea heart not having a dig...so you got a good point that at least they had a dig...thanks for the Higgs theory, only heard good reviews, but makes sense as old school Manly fans don't rave about him, 1 of those blokes who should have stayed at Slimes

1. Snake
2. Mooney
3. Oconnor
4. Gartner
5. Shearer
6. Thompson
7. Blake
8. Kite
9. Brown
10. Gillespie
11. Lowe
12. Gardner
13 Martin
14. Gift
15. Gibbs
16. Kosef
17. Daley

Ps does it give anyone else the sh...ts that they reversed the forward numbers.
8 is a lock, 12 is hooker, end of story

The Silvertail's team of the past 50 years is ..

Total 1st grade games .... 4996
Total tries scored ... 1516
Total points scored ... 9128

Total International games ... 266
Total State games .. 189 ..

Coach .. Frank Stanton
Manager .. Ken Arthurson

1 .. Graham Eadie
2 .. Ken Irvine
3 .. Jamie Lyon
4 .. Bob Fulton
5 .. Kerry Boustead
6 .. Cliff Lyons
7 .. Geoff Toovey
8 .. Mark Carroll
9 .. Max Krilich (C)
10 . Ian Roberts
11 . Steve Menzies
12 . Terry Randall
13 . Malcolm Reilly

14 . Desmond Hasler
15 . Anthony Watmough
16 . Kevin Ward
17 . John O'Neill

Thank you to all the contributors .. a bit of fun and nostalga has got us a week closer to March ... you have voted in a mighty Manly side that would whip all comers ... I made the executive decision to name Max as Captian ... (@Shoe1 .. no correspondence will be entered into)

NOW ... hand pick your 2nd 17 from any players not selected in the firsts .. good luck ..
Should we vote on playing strip and sponsor for our 50 year side ?

1. Brett Stewart
2. Dale Shearer
3. Terry Hill
4. Steve Matai
5. Michael Robertson
6. Kieran Foran
7. Matt Orford
8. Brent Kite
9. Mal Cochrane
10. David Gillespie
11. Ben Kennedy
12. Daniel Gartner
13. Nick Kosef
————————————
14. DCE
15. Paul Vautin
16. Ronny Gibbs
17. AFB
————————————
18. Joe Galuvao

This team would destroy all before them..

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4