Now for the reality check!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No ,Vast is good .
We were so bad previous.
Guys made tackles ,ran hard ,wanted to win.
That was a vastly more confident team ,and that's where we build from.
We were 300% improved when compared to the previous weeks, which is vast. Defence was enthusiastic and the effort was noticeably up. This performance would be considered uninspired for any team in good form, but for where we’re at, it was many notches up from before with a few glimpses of good form. It was a solid 6/10 performance with previous games a 1 or 2/10.

Last edited:
I found it most interesting last night listening to Cooper Cronk in the pregame show.

He pointed out exactly where we’ve been falling down , and with the cattle we have how to turn that around.

And then went on to what DCE had to do.

And guess what ??

It’s pretty much exactly what happened.

****The forwards had a crack and owned the middle !!

**** The team worked harder to fix those little 1% issues

**** And DCE didn’t spend the whole game worrying about the rest of the team just gone on with running and kicking,

You can dislike Cooper , but I’ve met him and he’s actually a very nice guy , not in any way up himself , and there’s no doubt in my mind he knows the game very well.
Well OK if Cronk knows the game well, which I don't doubt, and if Manly did last night what he said we should, maybe that shows someone at Manly also knows the game well?
Just maybe?
Come on, it's got to be possible!

Well OK if Cronk knows the game well, which I don't doubt, and if Manly did last night what he said we should, maybe that shows someone at Manly also knows the game well?
Just maybe?
Come on, it's got to be possible!
Lol, of course.

I just thought it was interesting that they went out and did almost exactly the things he was saying !!

I had a similar run with TC....but all is good....after all everyone can have an opinion and his statements about Manly not playing super footy was fair, I just get dirty with anyone going too hard on a bunch of players who busted their a##es out there for the full 80 minutes against a sloppy, but very gritty NZ team.
The line speed NZ continually pressed up all night to the point I felt Jazz and his mates were pushing offsides more often than not, yet Manly copped some pummelling and in fact took the challenge on, for the first time Iv'e seen from a Manly side in a Loooong time...
To give constructive critisism is all good, but a little credit where it's due allows me to take on board anyones opinion on where we are still down and improve...
The truth is, Manly had to play themselves back into form the hard way - there was never an easy out and those expecting a pretty performance with perfect structures and play after what they delivered the opening 4 weeks are both unrealistic and unfair.
The win was tough and at times ugly, but his is the win you need to gain confidence and become the team some are complaining we are not....its baby steps and that starts with effort and energy and all 17 delivered on this

I had a similar run with TC....but all is good....after all everyone can have an opinion and his statements about Manly not playing super footy was fair, I just get dirty with anyone going too hard on a bunch of players who busted their a##es out there for the full 80 minutes against a sloppy, but very gritty NZ team.
The line speed NZ continually pressed up all night to the point I felt Jazz and his mates were pushing offsides more often than not, yet Manly copped some pummelling and in fact took the challenge on, for the first time Iv'e seen from a Manly side in a Loooong time...
To give constructive critisism is all good, but a little credit where it's due allows me to take on board anyones opinion on where we are still down and improve...
The truth is, Manly had to play themselves back into form the hard way - there was never an easy out and those expecting a pretty performance with perfect structures and play after what they delivered the opening 4 weeks are both unrealistic and unfair.
The win was tough and at times ugly, but his is the win you need to gain confidence and become the team some are complaining we are not....its baby steps and that starts with effort and energy and all 17 delivered on this
The time for reflection wasn’t 10 minutes after our first win for the year ( following 4 terrible losses ).

That was my issue.

And as the heading of my topic says , now for the reality check !!

One win does not make a year , we have been ( and still are ) largely terrible.

But that was a gritty , hard fought win , and we needed to celebrate not be brought down a notch straight after the game.

However his views are still valid.

And the time to discuss them is now not last night!!

It was an improvement last night, but vast may not be the right adjective.

Warriors weren't that great so I'm not taking a lot out of that game. At least we tried something different (early kicking plan) which shows someone is thinking. But we are still a bottom 4 team in my opinion. Let's see what spark Tommy can add. I think our middle forwards are going Ok as a unit and are holding their own in recent games. That's a positive.
Bottom 5 team. Warriors have just entered the realm of us, broncs, dogs and cows. In fact if rts wasn’t in that team, they might just be the spooners.

We won by one point against a depleted warriors and people are forgetting everything, we still need a clean out, Des still needs the boot. It’s good to get a win but nothing has changed tbh
We won and our position on the table has changed. Season is what it is mate. Enjoy the wins or you’ll just wined up being a miserable p$&@@.

Let's acknowledge the win. It was far from perfect. However, I have chosen not to analyse the imperfections until Monday. Enjoy the win for what it is. I am watching the game again right now, and enjoying it for what it was. Excuse the French, but please stick the collective technical analysis up your collective (Manly jerseys) assholes. Go Manly. Disclaimer : Yes this post was inspired by Husk Farm Distillers Agricole Rum! I am going to enjoy some more of that as well. Go Manly.

Last edited:
Let's acknowledge the win. It was far from perfect. However, I have chosen not to analyse the imperfections until Monday. Enjoy the win for what it is. I am watching the game again right now, and enjoying it for what it was. Excuse the French, but please stick the collective technical analysis up your collective assholes. Go Manly. Disclaimer : Yes this post was inspired by Husk Farm Distillers Agricole Rum! I am going to enjoy some more of that as well. Go Manly.
The photos with their smiles and the team song afterwards showed me how much it meant to them.

So if it means a lot to them so it should to us!!

@Technical Coach and I got into a bit of unneeded argy bargy last night and whilst I’ll stand by what I said as to his statements straight after a win which I strongly thought should have been left to later in the week he did have some very valid points as to the performance.

He’s far better at the technical stuff than I ever could be , so yes despite the disagreement I still value his opinion ( although not always do I agree ).

To me it was a vast improvement and I think should do ( if nothing else ) our confidence wonders as we move through the season.

Nevertheless the fact we were so **** in the first month against 3 of the contenders does show that we are a long long way from being competitive week after week.

So everything that I’ve read in the last 6 months does still ring true , we still need a mild clean out AND I still don’t believe Des is the one to take us forward in this modern game.

This weeks game will be a reality check against a side that’s going quite well and have added some real firepower to their armoury , our performance in Mudgee will probably tell us a lot more of where we are now than last nights game.
There is an old saying I like which is "One swallow, does not make a summer" The win last night is very welcome. The problems we have are enormous, injuries yet again are decimating our squad and I think this year has to be all about the coach giving the younger players their chance consistency. I am not writing off 2021 as yet and my instincts tell me that we are no better than a bottom 4 team.

The reality check will be the next game against the Titans who devastated Drugcastle in a big way today. If we drop the ball like we have done all season we will be obliterated by them. What I hope we see is some more improvement in the 101 game plan and that we play to our strengths and limit our mistakes.

Its going to be a roller coaster of a season and wins need to be cherished as a result. I think the coaching staff really need to review our roster and try to make things more balanced so that we can address the gaps in our team especially our 9 and cover for our 1.

I think we all feel a bit relieved and euphoric after such a dreadful start to this season. Now for me the hard work really begins!

Let's acknowledge the win. It was far from perfect. However, I have chosen not to analyse the imperfections until Monday. Enjoy the win for what it is. I am watching the game again right now, and enjoying it for what it was. Excuse the French, but please stick the collective technical analysis up your collective assholes. Go Manly. Disclaimer : Yes this post was inspired by Husk Farm Distillers Agricole Rum! I am going to enjoy some more of that as well. Go Manly.
Note to self. Do not drunk post. Withdrawing the expression collective assholes and replacing it with something similar but not so offensive. Can't think of it now though.
Go Manly.

A fair bit to improve on, we got two try’s from kicks and the warriors got two on the right edge.

Our most potent attacking weapon has been Tent, Turbo will improve the edges in attack hopefully.

No ,Vast is good .
We were so bad previous.
Guys made tackles ,ran hard ,wanted to win.
That was a vastly more confident team ,and that's where we build from.
It definitely seems to me as if the team sat down and had a big chat about where they wanted to be as a unit. Marked change in attitude.

Note to self. Do not drunk post. Withdrawing the expression collective assholes and replacing it with something similar but not so offensive. Can't think of it now though.
Go Manly.
Wish I had seen the original in real time. IMO, was a great post showing your passion for the team, Simmo66.

Keep it up, Simmo!

Disclaimer: I gave up drinking rum many years ago for those same reasons.

The time for reflection wasn’t 10 minutes after our first win for the year ( following 4 terrible losses ).

That was my issue.

And as the heading of my topic says , now for the reality check !!

One win does not make a year , we have been ( and still are ) largely terrible.

But that was a gritty , hard fought win , and we needed to celebrate not be brought down a notch straight after the game.

However his views are still valid.

And the time to discuss them is now not last night!!

One could argue that any analysis done after the game -regardless of timing- is analysis upon the result, as opposed to days and days of doom and gloom posting before the game which is both a downer and based on speculation.

One could, not me though. I'm just enjoying the win.

The reality check is that starting to have faith and belief in our own abilities creates the biggest possibilities in life

And once we start to believe anything can become possible with discipline commitment and determination to achieve

The warriors were every ones favourites against our Sea eagles and it was only a matter of by how many points they would win

Our players came out of the tunnel of doubt and ran onto the field with faith and belief in their abilities and backed it up with a resilient never say die effort win against all the odds

The reality check is every thing is possible for our players if they keep believing and striving to excel
017072515eab406496e261d140803734.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4