Now for the reality check!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Older fans would remember Les Boyd, who just seemed to be stronger and more powerful than everyone else for some reason. Fifita seems like a bigger faster version of Boyd. Boyd maybe had a bit more skill, definitely a lot more intimidation value although that didn't do us much good in the end!
He also sued the Mirror Newspaper (successfully) for stating he was 'fat, slow and predictable'

Hasn't gone unnoticed to me that the 4 teams who belted us in the first 4 rounds are the current top-4.

Combined with our injury toll, you couldn't really ask for a tougher start to a season.

Small consolation I know, but the Warriors win was a significant step to showing that whilst we are maybe not anywhere near a top-4 team (with close to 10 players out), we can tough it out against teams like the Warriors that many are predicting to sneak into the 8 - regardless of who the warriors had out.

We are on the way up! (Even though the only team below us are the poor dogs)

Such is life, people have differing point of views no problem with that, i just don't think the improvements were big enough against a weak opposition to make much difference in the results previously.
It was never about comparing the NZ performance and suggesting it was good enough to beat the Top sides like Souths, Penrith or Roosters....it was simply a much improved attitude and desire shown....not that they became overnight world beaters.
Personally thought it was an improved performance in most area's, but the standout was the fact it was more "gutsy" than Manly have played in a while and that alone is enough to make "most" fans happy.

I think we will be sitting on around 16 points at best at the end of the footy season. I also think we will never play a grand final with Walker in the side. Its just not going to happen. Walker has to go. We won the last game without turbo which is great but we still have a battle and if tom gets injured again with his hammy, i would think he would be finished. The top sides are that far ahead of us that its scary to think. I hope i'm wrong. Walker still has issues and Karma has bitten him big time as he has clearly lost that fighting spirit. I am seeing some good things from us but am wondering if Des is right for the job also. Again time will tell. The titans game will tell us a little more but i doubt it will change anything. Again i hope i;m wrong. Nothing would please me more than for us to start kicking ass.

Hasn't gone unnoticed to me that the 4 teams who belted us in the first 4 rounds are the current top-4.
Yep. We contributed to their success. Mind you it tells us how far behind the best we are at present. We need an awful lot of strategy and selection tweaking before we can assume true competitiveness with that lot. It potentially could happen, but will take some creative thinking on Des's part, and lately I havent seen much of that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4