Nothing controversial about the penalty.

  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though


The penalty was justified for a late charge. The ref also let Penrith get away with being offside most of the game as well.

A controversial penalty goal in the dying stages has handed Manly a thrilling 32-30 come from behind NRL win over Penrith at Brookvale Oval.

With the two sides locked at 30 points apiece and just seven minutes left on the clock, referee Jason Robinson ruled Penrith second rower Frank Puletua to have taken out Matt Orford late after the Manly halfback had put a kick downfield.

Despite howls of protest from several Panthers players that Puletua could not have pulled out of his hit, Robinson handed the Sea Eagles a gift two points 15m out from the Panthers line.

Manly five-eighth Travis Burns stepped up to slot the pressure kick straight between the posts to send the 15,177 strong crowd into a frenzy.

Down 24-6 at halftime, the Sea Eagles launched a stunning raid which netted the home side 24 points in the space of 17 minutes to open the second stanza, Glenn Stewart starting the avalanche when he out enthused Penrith duo Luke Swain and Danny Galea to retrieve an infield kick from Matt Orford.

Tries to Chris Hicks and Paul Stephenson followed and when Mitch Creary, a late call-up for injured fullback Brett Stewart crossed in the corner, a stunned Panthers outfit found itself six points down.

A piece of Preston Campbell brilliance brought the two sides level at 30-all with 17 minutes remaining to set up a grandstand finish, the Panthers five-eighth dancing around Kennedy to score his second try of the afternoon.

The game had looked as good as over at halftime after Rhys Wesser went over just two minutes before the break to give the Panthers a comfortable 24-6 buffer.

The visitors rarely looked in trouble for much of the first half with big Kiwi internationals Tony Puletua and Frank Pritchard singling out Manly five-eighth Burns in defence to set up the Panthers opening two tries.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
16 13 3 125 32
16 11 5 116 28
17 11 6 225 26
17 11 6 125 26
16 9 7 65 24
16 9 7 48 24
17 9 8 1 22
17 9 8 -56 22
16 8 7 29 21
16 8 8 -43 20
16 7 9 -93 20
17 7 9 -32 19
17 7 10 9 18
16 6 10 -59 18
16 6 10 -104 18
17 4 13 -153 12
17 4 13 -203 12
Top Bottom