Not Worried

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im usually the first to blame the Refs but tonight that is not the case, Parra were the better team by miles in the first half. Hopefully Dessie can "readjust" their attitudes at halftime.

We're not out of this, but a major attitude adjustment is required in the 2nd half.

If we lose this one we can kiss 2nd spot goodbye in the coming weeks.

Im worried, have been all week

However I am not completely disappointed. We have got ahead in a lot of our games and coasted. This is a good chance to see what we can produce from behind and away from home and how we react to it. We did it well against the sharks, looking forward to seeing what we do this time

I am not concerned if we win or lose, its a nothing game in many ways.

What I am concerned about is how many injuries we have.

If we don't display a complete attitude adjustment in the second half and get a bit of luck, I reckon you'll have plenty to worry about. We look terrible.

I can't understand the negativity of so many so-called Manly fans. I'd be furious if I was a Parra fan. They showed that they can play and muscle up, yet have lost 16 games this year.
Be grateful you support a team that gives 100% every match!

I can TW. Take your point and you are right (I said as much elsewhere), but it's hard to reconcile how players who should have been switched on from the opening whistle, serve up some underwhelming dross - against a team who were always going to try and restore some pride.

Manly didn't show their opponents enough respect for much of the game and nearly paid the price.

Phantar said:
I can TW. Take your point and you are right (I said as much elsewhere), but it's hard to reconcile how players who should have been switched on from the opening whistle, serve up some underwhelming dross - against a team who were always going to try and restore some pride.

Manly didn't show their opponents enough respect for much of the game and nearly paid the price.

It's human nature. Look what happened to Illawarra against Souths.

I thought Tigers were ordinary against Penrith and a little lucky to win. They too had a mental let-down, and did just enough to win. I don;t think we can read anything into our performance tonight - except that even when we play poorly we are a very good chance of winning.

Mark from Brisbane said:
That's confidence UP, but the refs are not to blame for what we are seeing so far
I was in a happy place when I posted this Mark but what I meant was when Hicks scored Hayne seemed to push him over the line which was Thaiday did to Hannant in Origin 3 and was ruled as a no try. I know it happens a lot but again there is no consistency.

Darren said:
does it matter coming 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th?? As we ain't playing a home game, how does it benefit?

I always thought that it was better to finish as high up as possible because then if we lose in the first week then we stood a better chance of not being knocked out in the first week.

tookey said:
Darren said:
does it matter coming 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th?? As we ain't playing a home game, how does it benefit?

I always thought that it was better to finish as high up as possible because then if we lose in the first week then we stood a better chance of not being knocked out in the first week.

Of course it matters coming 1st or 2nd. You play a weaker team in week 1 and if you win you go to week 3 GF qualifier. Would you rather come 3rd or 4th and play say Tigers at SFS week 1 in possibly a nothing game as whether you win or lose you're probably still playing a tougher game in week 2.

There is no difference between 1st and 2nd, neither can go out round 1 of finals.

There could be a difference between 3rd and 4th depending on other results. Third is better than 4th.

There is almost no hope of us finishing worst than 3rd the way I see it, 4th if we lose all three and other results go against us.

A win next week is vital as it will almost ensure a top 2 finish and allow Des to rest players in the final 2 rounds if required.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6