Not to late to enter the footy tipping comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi everyone,

The season kicks off tonight, but it isn't too late to enter the footy tipping comp. $20 gets you in with all bonus rounds, but you can enter up until round 10, once you pay you start getting all of the bonus games, so really it's never too late to join, as the bonus rounds don't matter much in the first few weeks.

We have had a better uptake over the last week, but it would be great to run a massive comp.

We are working on the prize at the moment, but it is likely to be a framed and signed photo from Last years Grand final. A fairly unique piece of memorabilia that you can win.

So come on guys and gals, lets make a push. We have approx 30 entrants at the moment, but it would be great to push that up to a 50 strong tipping comp.

Remember the proceeds help pay for the hosting and a portion is donated annually to charity. Both good causes if you ask me.

Dan

Better still my Wife has signed up and she likes to think her Footy knowledge is better than mine, and better than most people here, so lets prove her wrong!

hahaha

I will. I think the goal of everyone here should be to embarrass her as best they can :)

RE: Not too late to enter the footy tipping comp

She said well thats great, you better bring it, because she already brought it.

Oh dear.....

She said with comebacks like that, she is a shoe in to beat you

Tipping comps are so uber lame. (1)

btw, I'm in, *wink* tis for a good cause and I reckon the winner will only have a success rate at or around 50% so....um... sew buttons.

Liking how if we forget 1 week we still get away games, nice and inclusive!

*bump*

(1) - Just in case, this was sarcasm, thanks

You get away games, but you don't get the bonus game if you forgot to enter your tips. So you still get some points but you just don't get the bonus point.

when you click through a user in the Ladder, it shows you if they tips were missed/auto or not.

I may introduce a new "Random" option in the new rewrite for the new system, where you can hit the button and it randomly selects one for the other games you have not yet selected.

Or an "auto" for picking auto favourites.

How does that sound?

Daniel said:
You get away games, but you don't get the bonus game if you forgot to enter your tips. So you still get some points but you just don't get the bonus point.

when you click through a user in the Ladder, it shows you if they tips were missed/auto or not.

I may introduce a new "Random" option in the new rewrite for the new system, where you can hit the button and it randomly selects one for the other games you have not yet selected.

Or an "auto" for picking auto favourites.

How does that sound?

One shouldn't get the bonus game if one forgets to enter one's tips, should one.

(1 1was race horse, 2 2 was 1 2)

I know of the work to do a tipping comp so put me down for 'anything you think is fine by me'.

Auto picks sounds a bit easy but there maybe people who just want to pick the fav's every week so that'll save them some time.

The hockey one I am in makes you pick the winning team, score, and the gwg player (basically last scorer) AND if you pick it perfectly you automatically go to the top of the leader board!! So they are all a little different. I'm looking forward to this comp (even if I thought it was tuesday here at the moment so I am grateful for the auto picks if you forget feature!)

cheers

Go Manly!

The addition of pick the score etc is one we ran a while ago, it was ok, but a little messy and messy to run.

I think I might add that and even add the "last scorer" or "first Scorer" as an option and picking all of them gets you an additional 5 points or something, but not straight to the top. I would hate to see someone who has tipped consistently well all year be hit hard by someone who flukes a perfect tip

Daniel said:
The addition of pick the score etc is one we ran a while ago, it was ok, but a little messy and messy to run.

I think I might add that and even add the "last scorer" or "first Scorer" as an option and picking all of them gets you an additional 5 points or something, but not straight to the top.

I would hate to see someone who has tipped consistently well all year be hit hard by someone who flukes a perfect tip

Me too, even though I was lucky to guess perfect one week, I felt a bit of a fraud jumping 60 odd places.

yeah agreed. I think I might just add the scores to it, but it's too late for this season to add any additional features and for it to be fair

What I may introduce partway through the season is a "first Try Scorer" comp each week, where we dish out the first point scorers possible numbers to each person who enters. We will have a small fee soemthing like $5 winner takes 70% site takes 30% or something similar.

Would something like that interest you?

Daniel said:
yeah agreed. I think I might just add the scores to it, but it's too late for this season to add any additional features and for it to be fair

What I may introduce partway through the season is a "first Try Scorer" comp each week, where we dish out the first point scorers possible numbers to each person who enters. We will have a small fee soemthing like $5 winner takes 70% site takes 30% or something similar.

Would something like that interest you?

Yup.

What I like about what's happening now is (as said b4) I can forget, or life gets in the way and still be in the running. (eg I might be doing some more travelling soon and don't know about internet access, etc - the away games is a great safety net).

However for those who have a memory and organisational skills (burn on me), the add-ons are always fun. (I get with your above example you dish out the numbers so even then we can be doofus' and forget - just anty up).

As long as the cost-benefit balance scale remains in your favour.

No sense on working like a dawg for little result, and no one would expect you too (esp you and before mentioned better half!)

Stevo said:
How does the bonus game thing work?

I select the bonus game for each round which I need to set now. (oops)

If you pick that one right you get a bonus 2 points.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6