Not Rock Bottom (yet)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
By the way no doubt all the media and most of the executive of the club will be glued to Silvertails all weekend, so just be aware of that.

I know they read my comments as I've had several calls to delete many (too close to the truth I guess, and plus they have my phone number), and as we know Dan's already received communications from them regarding not naming names (which be the way is 100% fine with me).

So just be aware "they are watching",

OK. To all those Manly executives watching our posts, here's mine:
I am available to take over as CEO of the club immediately. My strengths include 55 years of devotion to the Sea Eagles and the willingness to have my contact front-loaded!
- The Who
Talkin 'bout my g-g-generation!

Don't know why everyone is seeing last nights loss as the end of the world. Canberra is on the way up and will be a top four side this year and we competed well until beset by game ending injuries to our half and 5/8. A concussion to Ferris and a torn pec to BJ. At one stage we had two blokes of the remaining 13 were looking to the sideline because they couldn't continue but there was no one there.

I can see us winning games this year, it won't be enough to play finals football.

The gambling thing will be uncovered as a fanciful story created by shady characters named Wiggy.

Dicks up people.

• 🤝
Reactions: mbe
I believe we will win some games but not enough to finish in the 8.

A good solid 2nd half of the year is what I want....something with a bit of hope for next year and some younger kids getting a go. Like Fonua-Blake and giving Liam Knight a go to see if he can handle first grade.

We just need a fair crack with injuries to be at least a chance to improve. I've never known 18 months like it. Constant injuries to our main, experienced men.

I don't think Barrett has it in him to guide us up the ladder next year. I know he's learning, I just wish it wasn't with us. We are a shadow of our former selves while he learns the trade. We needed an more experienced coach to help mould a brand new team together. He is struggling as much as the players are.

DCE will be a loss but we've had to handle that already this year. Api has done well at half so we have some cover. He just needs to know when to pass. At least he's energetic and always willing.

As for one of my favourites, Brett....you are either playing injured (which is possible) or you are going through the motions. You certainly don't seem happy and I can see this may have to be your last year here. As much as it pains me to say. I never wanted to contemplate you not being at Manly but the love of the game seems to have passed you by.

I'm not sure what the rest of the year will bring but i'll be there as usual. It's in your blood and you just can't help but keep going. Good times and bad, it's all about Manly.

Not sure I can recall too many times in the last 43 seasons where I went into June with no hope that we could make finals. This is heading for our worst season ever since 1947.

Some of you guys are full of your own importance. I will support the club however the hell I want. If I wanna bitch and moan relentlessly, I will. Go support another club? Shove your advice. I don't want it. Just because we scored a few consolation tries and Canberra had already left the building by that stage, doesn't make me feel better at all. Ryan's right, you have to look at the club as a whole. We are a rabble...

Some of you guys are full of your own importance. I will support the club however the hell I want. If I wanna bitch and moan relentlessly, I will. Go support another club? Shove your advice. I don't want it. Just because we scored a few consolation tries and Canberra had already left the building by that stage, doesn't make me feel better at all. Ryan's right, you have to look at the club as a whole. We are a rabble...
Are you upset because the CEO won't return your calls as well..?

That little champion Buhrer needs a special mention. He again showed why he is captain material. There was no easing back into it after injury. He gave absolutely everything he had last night. When the little bloke can run that hard it makes the rest of our team look ****. If anything he needs to pick his mark and preserve himself. But such a Cool head, and oozes class. What a gem.

I continue to get frustrated with Jake at lock. Jake will be a great player, and his mobility at prop is an advantage. But playing him at lock just isn't working.

He is too slow, by foot and hand. He can't compare with others in our squad at 13.

I really think youth like Sironen and Hastings is what the club needs.

An injury or a retirement may free up the cap space to make it happen.

We need a freshen up and to start working towards the future.

Now that, Sir.....is the best post ever!

To all those about to let go.....

Anyone disappointed in that effort last night, as busted as we were, with everything seemingly against us.....well, it makes me think that there is a glaringly obvious problem alright.

The club hasn't lost the tough fighting spirit that personifies Manly. You have.

You can shield yourself behind whichever term you wish, be that "realistic", "disheartened", "pragmatic" or consider it just a matter of fact if you like, but I won't.

This is a rough patch we're in right now, and it may take a while to get through it, but you don't stop. You keep putting one foot in front of the other and battle on regardless. Manly fans are made of tough stuff. How about we look for positives? It's far too easy, and there are enough people already pointing out the negatives.

If anyone really, truly and sincerely believes that this team and club is letting them down, then it doesn't matter if you've supported Manly your entire life or have just come on board in the last couple of years, now is the time to part ways. No one will blame you. You've just lost, or never had the real, dig in when times are tough, Manly attitude. Just don't come back when we hit the good times again, because that would just be sad. A smart poster on here said once, "Tough times build character". Don't let tough times destroy yours.

Stick solid. Back the team. We'll be back!
Mate I've been supporting this great club since 1971, and I can tell you one think,and that is ill take my support to my grave,OK I admit I've been angry at this years performance by the team as a whole,I expected and I guess most of you guys and girls out there,that we'd be a lot higher up the ladder as to where we stand right now,good times will come again,so let's get behind the team I'm sure that they would appreciate our support.

By the way no doubt all the media and most of the executive of the club will be glued to Silvertails all weekend, so just be aware of that.

I know they read my comments as I've had several calls to delete many (too close to the truth I guess, and plus they have my phone number), and as we know Dan's already received communications from them regarding not naming names (which be the way is 100% fine with me).

So just be aware "they are watching",
I remember 1984. The book not the season.

To be fair we had enough opportunities to score enough trys.

The CEO has never rung me neither, not once. Come to think of it, I shop at woollies and their boss man hasn't bothered to ring me either. What's wrong with these people? If manly don't win at least 48 percent of their remaining games and someone at the club doesn't ring me to say hi and discuss how I will transform the club for them, that's it, I'm done.
:giggle: During the glory days the club would call me all the time, usually asking for money. I'm happy with the silence.

image.jpeg
Anyway, here's a reminder for some. Couldn't find one that said "pile **** on something whilst awaiting its demise..."

Not rock bottom yet but another disappointing season so far
One thing Barrett said last night was the weak walk away and the strong stay together
I believed him when he said that I also believe Barrett will get there but he is up against it, a rookie coach with a new squad of players trying to get the best out of the players with so many injuries he can't get the same players on the paddock
I think him being a rookie coach his team selections have been puzzling at times some have said he doesn't actually pick the team if that is the case it's about time he starts cause it ain't working the way it's going at the moment
I'm backing we will win some games but Barrett has to make it happen

Tough one this, ive been reserving my judgement a bit. We have had a real bad run with injuries and the draw. I was hoping the bye and a few troops back may show us a bit more about where we are at.

Unfortunately we got hammered again by injury, and some pretty cheap penalties gave the massive home team some momentum

While it was nice to see them raleigh it was seriously off the back of canberra taking the foot off. Missing stevie and george really dents us.

Was really hoping stewie would take the reins and show some leadership. Disappointment plus

Not sure we really got the chance to measure where we are at due to injury again. We are off the pace in the basics, the ruck, play the ball speed and defensive line speed is on par with the bottom teams. Coincidently its where we sit.

The Players have a dig, they seem committed. I reckon barret has harmony and bonding right. A lot of the basics we do not. This is the coaches job. He needs to get these things working better.

Selections and roles at times seem a little odd. Im not worried about the walker experiment but tapau as an 80 minute backrower has me stumped. I suppose its reflected in what we paid. Buy a part timer and pay him full time wages and feel you have to play him longer to jusify the investment, but essentially get less anyway.

Barrett has done ok. The key is if he learns from the mistakes..

As for the team, im ok with the losses. It happens. I will always be cool with that stuff as long as the team has a go

If the current claims are proven though, unless the club burns the players involved , strips them of everything and deletes them from there history i reckon that will do me. And maybe even that wont be enough.

All of us will always support this club, as we all love it, but please don't tell me we're rebuilding. The club didn't advertise 2016 as a rebuild. The club actually made a big song and dance about how amazing our recruitment was during the off season, and how awesome our new coaching staff was. Now we're bottom 4, on a big losing streak and our performances have been trash, so they try and spit excuses at us.
They're the ones that talked themselves up. And it's not just first grade, either. Our under 20's side are dead last and nsw cup are 3rd last. Some of our players are lazy and disinterested, and in attack I've never seen us look worse, we are so predictable and uncreative.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6