Not bad for a Manly hater

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Got as far as the first line and the words "steaming excrement sandwich that has been unfolding on the northern beaches over the past five seasons"...
Surely only four seasons ...at most.
As I recall in 2014 we went into the final round in line to be minor premiers, so even though we got belted by Souths in the finals the season was hardly a disgrace.

Tired of the whole hate Manly thing , next time some fool declares they hate Manly ask WHY . Is it because we are rich and powerful is because we are successful or maybe because the players are arrogant and up themselves we all know none of the above is true so why perpetuate the media rubbish they bring out every year it’s old hat and stale.

For a Manly hater, he sure shows respect. Noticed though a couple of the responses pushing the Bear barrow at the Sea Eagles expense. These guys need to get a life. Totally off the planet with their criticism. I felt sorry for the Bears and would have been happy with them moving to Gosford. But the more I read items from these twisted bitter supporters they still have the more my sympathy diminishes.

Went over to my next door neighbours for dinner last night , nice people but Broncos supporters.

The neighbour is fine , doesn’t give me a hard time at all ( nor me to him).

Half way through dinner his son rolls up, spies me wearing a Manly shirt and says “ I ****ing hate Manly, with a passion”.

I said “ oh that’s interesting , why” .... blank look on face.......” dunno, doesn’t everyone”!!!!

I said “ yes but again why??”

His Dad then changed the subject but the fact is we are hated by generations of people who haven’t got a clue why!!!

Last edited:
Went over to my next door neighbours for dinner last night , nice people but Broncos supporters.

Half way through dinner his son rolls up, spies me wearing a Manly shirt and says “ I ****ing hate Manly, with a passion”.

I said “ oh that’s interesting , why” .... blank look on face.......” dunno, doesn’t everyone”!!!!

His Dad then changed the subject but the fact is we are hated by generations of people who haven’t got a clue why!!!

Just dropped the F bomb out of the blue? Classy.

Hates Manly because some of our fans behaved poorly once, unlike the fans of every other club. Poor thing didn't have a safe space to run too. Obviously hasn't attended any dogs, bunnies, eels, dragons, broncos games. etc. And the rest of the article is just rehashing.
Yes an otherwise reasonable piece let down by some silly generalisations.

A bit of perspective - how would he respond to witnessing a deliberate act of animal cruelty, a sexual assault, a drone strike that killed innocent civilians, or a public beheading?

Instead he ‘hates’ a club because of an unrepresentative number of dickhead fans poking sticks at cars 10+ years ago.

My wife was physically assaulted (pushed hard) by a male Parramatta fan at their stadium after the ‘broken dressing room door’ game in 2010. I don’t hate their fans as a result. That was just one ungracious, bottom of the barrel excuse for a man taking his ‘chip on the shoulder’ attitude out on my wife.

Last edited:
True, but full disclosure, I was actually at that Canberra game and all generalisations aside, Canberra fans are the most biased, annoying fans in the game. They seriously boo for the entire time the opposition is defending. All game. It was so good to beat them like that (down to 12 men) but I don't recall hitting any cars with sticks, but I do recall giving it to a few of their fans on the way out.
I’m hearing you. I live there now and have been to a number of games at Windswept Stadium over the years.

The Roar site still has a lot of 'Chip on the shoulder' North Sydney people in there looking at some of the comments .

Although a lot of Manly supporters do live outside of the area (me about 800k away now) the fans who live there find it hard to get out of the place especially Thurdsay and Friday nights. Effectively 3 roads only out of the district to head to the SFS area or cross town .

I think (yes hopeful) with Des' pending return this hopefully is the swan song for all these 'pity Manly' type articles and the STEEL will be back and put these jokers in their rightful place. The party is over (is that the Carty Party?)

Fulton, Hasler and Toovey coached teams seem to be drilled on how to defend on the goal line. The Trent and Carty show is over.

Exactly what I have found over the years.

In one instance i worked with a girl who hated Manly but she was good about it. Nothing nasty just said she hated us. I asked why and she was lost for words...thought about it and said...”I don’t know why but I know I’m supposed to!” @:D I said that’s fine..I just wanted to know. She walked away with a confused look on her face and I can tell she was still thinking about it as she left.

The media drum it into people over the years and the weak minded just go with it.

It’s like theatre where you need a baddie to boo, and we’re it! >:)

True, but full disclosure, I was actually at that Canberra game and all generalisations aside, Canberra fans are the most biased, annoying fans in the game. They seriously boo for the entire time the opposition is defending. All game. It was so good to beat them like that (down to 12 men) but I don't recall hitting any cars with sticks, but I do recall giving it to a few of their fans on the way out.
So was I. In fact we spotted ourselves on the broadcast later that night, sitting down near the fence on N-E side.

You read enough of this blokes stuff, there's always something about the Raiders getting rorted. He made sure he made mention the freebies that he's copped at Brookie over the years so they continue.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8