Not a worn out beaver in Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Veteran Manly backrower Steve Menzies said he was still two to three weeks away from returning from an abdominal injury.

Menzies hasn't played since round one and only returned to the training paddock this week but said he still had abdomen pain.

However, with the Eagles leading the competition with eight out of nine wins, Menzies knows he doesn't have to rush back.

"I've been running four, probably five days this week up to about 90 per cent," he said.

"I'm hoping two maybe three weeks. I still can feel it a bit swerving and doing agility but it's getting better."

The Manly warhorse said despite his time on the sidelines, he was keen to continue his career beyond 2007.

"Obviously I won't know (if it is completely right) until I get back out there but I'm still pretty keen to run around next year," Menzies said.

"It's hard (being sidelined). The boys are going well and I'd love to be out there.

"They're obviously missing me dearly," he said with a wry smile.

"I don't need to rush back. I can just get ready because they are doing really well."

From NRL.com

Byso ,you're Nutz. Get rid of Beaver and you'll lose a couple of thousand Manly fans, let alone a superb defender for the next, and his last, season. The guys a legend and an ispiration to the hundreds of potential future manly players. Monas is, and never was, the player Beaver is. He'll come back refereshed and fit for a great end of this seasons second half and then play out off his skin in his last year. He has loyalty to this club, something Monas has never exhibited.

Byso ,you're Nutz. Get rid of Beaver and you'll lose a couple of thousand Manly fans, let alone a superb defender for the next, and his last, season. The guys a legend and an ispiration to the hundreds of potential future manly players. Monas is, and never was, the player Beaver is. He'll come back refereshed and fit for a great end of this seasons second half and then play out off his skin in his last year. He has loyalty to this club, something Monas has never exhibited.

This comment deserves 2 :stupid:

Do you know what ;) means?

unbelievable! I could have sworn I was on the MSE forum!!! :stupid:

release Ox as well that way we keep Monas and Burns for sure!! ;) ;)

Release him and keep Monas ;)
**** u byso
why dont you get ure ole fella out of monas for one and see things objective

pftt release beaver

Im sure u would release beaver and go for some tongue.

:dance: :dance: ;)
offical piss take

I've seen you say some dumb **** on here byso but that takes the cake.

If there's one person in the entire NRL who deserves the right to call it a day on his own term than it's Steve Menzies.

I can't believe you'd say we should drop one of the clubs biggest legends for Monaghan.... **** me dead. ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4