Norths as a feeder club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Someone who plays juniors for the bears will play for whoever gives them the best deal.

Melbourne did use Norths for the players who were not in their squad.

Manly spend most of their dollars on the NRL squaqd and are happy to add players with potential to junior grades. My guess is that we don't miss much.

Like you so profoundly put it Dave - CRAP !!!

Scott Hill / Billy Slater / Ian Donnelly etc etc etc all played for The Bears PL side last year !!!

If you honestly think that not having a junior talent group twice the size + twice the demographic will do Manly favours, then you are more one eyed than I already give you credit for.

Oh my lord!

Those blokes are hardly Norths Juniors are they now. The reason why Norths got ditched from the Storm is because some of those players commented on how unprofessional the PL side is.

Ryan's right - we could have donnelly back so we can offload him again, why not double handle.

The Norths shore juniors are a bit strange at the moment, Asquith is a norths club i think but Berowra (where Groom comes from) is in the Manly area - they played in a grade final last year at Brookie, it used to be a norths area, trust me, 97 was the original 1 Vs 100

Oh my lord!

Those blokes are hardly Norths Juniors are they now. The reason why Norths got ditched from the Storm is because some of those players commented on how unprofessional the PL side is.

Byso - you have gone of 1/2 cocked as per the norm. I'll cut and paste a prose from my above post:-

"They may not be LOCAL juniors, but how many LOCAL juniors do we have in our side:-"

Comprehension 101 Byso....

ask Byso how much crap we gave Slater last year at Brookie when he was playing for the Bears , That got hammered by our Boys +50 and we were giving it to Billy The Kid Big time :D :D :lol:

ask Byso how much crap we gave Slater last year at Brookie when he was playing for the Bears , That got hammered by our Boys +50 and we were giving it to Billy The Kid Big time :D :D :lol:

I was at the game directly behind the posts at the KA stands side of the field with some mates. Hence to say I was doing the same :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Ian Donnelly doesn't deserve to be mentioned on a football forum. This should be moved to the general/humour section.

Ian Donnelly doesn't deserve to be mentioned on a football forum. This should be moved to the general/humour section.

funny...but true!
He came to us from the Dragons with some fairly decent wraps on him and then did ziltch.

[quote author=ManlyBacker]

funny...but true!
He came to us from the Dragons with some fairly decent wraps on him and then did ziltch.
[/quote]

Apparently it had something to do with his upper body being too big for his legs :D

[quote author=PJ]
[quote author=ManlyBacker]

funny...but true!
[/quote]

Apparently it had something to do with his upper body being too big for his legs :D

[/quote]

like Anna Nicole Smith....

[quote author=Garts]
The Bears suck but I would have no problems in stealing their juniors as it can only benefit Manly.

Regarding their PL side, I could not see them being aligned to Manly when we already have a PL team. Norths could not attract quality PL players as it would be twice as hard for them to crack 1st grade with 2 PL sides feeding the 1sts team.

The - Bears - suck. Very astute Garts. "Stealing" their juniors? They'd be Manly's you ...... !!! Hehehehe....
Yeah - right, no Bears juniors.

Mark O'Meley
Matt Orford
Paul Stringer
Glenn Morrison
Matt King
Brett Dallas

etc etc all played in The Bears lower grades. REAL poor choice of player ability. They may not be LOCAL juniors, but how many LOCAL juniors do we have in our side:-

Jason King? Hmmmm
Choc - good
Beaver - awesome
Meaney

That's it.

[/quote]

Brett Dallas (debuted for the Dogs at 17) and Glenn Morrison (Tigers) were Bears juniors or just happened to live on the Central Coast or close to it at some point in their youth? Matt King joined Norths as a keen 20 year old and retired 2 years later due to disinterest, good job Norths!! Has there been anything produced in the last 5 years?

Tookey - Manly has already taken on the JUNIOR, junior Bear base. It will happen. And to the improvement of Manly if you ask me.

Sure the junior sides play in the same comps now but the bitterness with some of the parents will never die and has been passed on the some of the sons.

You only have to read the bears website form time to time to read about it.

[quote author=tookey]
Norths hate Manly and would rather be a feeder club the moree boomerangs than manly.

A lot of norths parents are from the old days and will not their sons play for manly. Florimo is also the president and he wouldn't have anything to do with manly.

I cant see norths ever being a feeder club for Manly in my lifetime.

And so the bitterness stems from the North Sydney side of things by the sounds of that.
I can't see why Manly wouldn't encourage something like a feeder club. By the sounds of it, it just might be the attitudes of the old Norths boys that are holding the sensible option back.
While I too hated Norths it would make perfect sense for us to be using them as a feeder club and not Souths, who have their own little area, which to fight the Roosters for with juniors.
Manly didn't fcuk Norths, Norths fcuked Norths and the sooner they can come to terms with that little fact the better....

[/quote]

Of course it makes sense to have a combined norths and manly junior sides. However just read the norths website from time to time and you will realise that there is still lot of animosity from norths supporters towards manly and with some people it will be with them until they die.

There are comments that some of their junior players are proud to wear the red and black and still consider manly to enemy. They openly state that they would rather their sons play for souths. melbourne etc than manly. I suppose it is that hatred that is part of what made the local derbies such great games.

You will recall that the juniors were in fact combined until 1947 when it was manly who decided to break up the partnership and start their own team.

Don't you think it is hipocritical for manly (or its supporters) to now want to merge their juniors again simply because it suits them? They didn't care about norths in 1947.

Yeah Tookey I agree with what you are saying but it's a bit of an each way situation.....there is a past with Manly and Norths but gee 1947 is a long time ago....I think we were still pretty funny with Germany then ...but over time things got better. You would think with sport it would be easier to build a bridge and get over things (the Spit Bridge maybe??).
Obviously there is only room for one NRL team in the north of Sydney- Manly is that team and what Norths need to do is move on. No disrespect to the old Norths boys who won't let their sons play for Manly but lets face it they will eventually die and the hatred they had for Manly will as well. Most of their sons weren't around that much when Norths were and they won't be as pigheaded about it and maybe go with the common sense option.
Why you would want to play for Norths and then be alligned with Souths or Melbourne - it just doesn't make sense- Manly merging with Norths wouldn't just suit Manly if you thought about it, it would suit Norths as well if they managed to put the past behind them.

[quote author=byso]
Oh my lord!

Byso - you have gone of 1/2 cocked as per the norm. I'll cut and paste a prose from my above post:-

"They may not be LOCAL juniors, but how many LOCAL juniors do we have in our side:-"

Comprehension 101 Byso....

[/quote]

Quite frankly champ, so many of your posts are so muddled and incomprehensible none sense one could be forgiven the missing that comment.

But I still fail to see your point in adding those players into the merits of Manly and Norths combining Juniors.

Dan, can we just add "Norths" to the censor list for swearing so we don't have to look at the diabolical word?

Dan, can we just add \"Norths\" to the censor list for swearing so we don't have to look at the diabolical word?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance:

Mata your best Post ever :lol:

Maybe Dan can fix it so everytime someone types "Norths" it comes up "Losers" :D

Yeah Tookey I agree with what you are saying but it's a bit of an each way situation.....there is a past with Manly and Norths but gee 1947 is a long time ago....I think we were still pretty funny with Germany then ...but over time things got better. You would think with sport it would be easier to build a bridge and get over things (the Spit Bridge maybe??).
Obviously there is only room for one NRL team in the north of Sydney- Manly is that team and what Norths need to do is move on. No disrespect to the old Norths boys who won't let their sons play for Manly but lets face it they will eventually die and the hatred they had for Manly will as well. Most of their sons weren't around that much when Norths were and they won't be as pigheaded about it and maybe go with the common sense option.
Why you would want to play for Norths and then be alligned with Souths or Melbourne - it just doesn't make sense- Manly merging with Norths wouldn't just suit Manly if you thought about it, it would suit Norths as well if they managed to put the past behind them.

There are still some diehards at norths who live on the hope that they will be back in the NRL one day. Until they can be convinced that it will never happen I suppose they will always argue to retain their own Ball, flegg, Matthews sides etc.

A merger of all the juniors teams must happen one day but probably not for a few more years.

I guess Bobby the Bear would be back in the 'die hard' fold by now. The final killer blow could come if the Leagues Club cuts or significantly reduces the grants for the junior grades - with the new pokie laws etc I can't really see were they get value for supporting them in business terms.

They have already cut the P/L grant forcing them to 'merge' with Storm and now Souths so they can field a team

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4