Norths as a feeder club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why is Norths the Melbourne feeder team? Surely they should be ours. I just read an article about the Storms team for our trial game, and it says they're playing an 18 yr Aust Schools boy from Norths. Why aren't WE getting these guys? Surely if it's our area we get preference. Criminal. We need all the local talent we can get.

Dont forget Manly and Norths still hate each other with a passion

Where do Norths juniors come from anyway ?
Is it the CC or North Shore schools ?
I thought all their clubs were in our junior league, meaning Manly funds them & therefore they play for us.

Manly juniors get the better players anyhow. The Norths juniors are only there because they can't get a go anywhere else.

Wheel and Byso - it's that ridiculous attitude that limits Manly's true growth potential with juniors anyways. Forget the insular peninsula attitude you guys have.

Yeah - Bears fans are scum - because they support or supported the Bears;
Yeah - X Bears players are scum because they played for The Bears.

If we had The Bears junior base, it would only improve our "overall" junior base. It's not rocket science.

Sheesh.

It's like Cliffy GC, hates anyone or anything to do with The Bears. Honestly - surely there's more depth in character than that.

A lot of you share that teenage mentality, and frankly, it pisses me off.

No - fair enough Doug - I expect flack on this one, but in seriousness, surely if old issues were put aside, imagine having a base for MANLY that was twice the size it is. It doubles our chances of uncoverring better MANLY juniors.

That's what I mean lads.

I have to agree with Ryan. Todays young supporters wouldn't even knoe of the once-famous rivalry. It's time to let bygones be bygones, and set it up so that the entire North Shore and Peninsula comes under Manly.

Norths hate Manly and would rather be a feeder club the moree boomerangs than manly.

A lot of norths parents are from the old days and will not their sons play for manly. Florimo is also the president and he wouldn't have anything to do with manly.

I cant see norths ever being a feeder club for Manly in my lifetime.

Tookey - Manly has already taken on the JUNIOR, junior Bear base. It will happen. And to the improvement of Manly if you ask me.

The Bears suck but I would have no problems in stealing their juniors as it can only benefit Manly.

Regarding their PL side, I could not see them being aligned to Manly when we already have a PL team. Norths could not attract quality PL players as it would be twice as hard for them to crack 1st grade with 2 PL sides feeding the 1sts team.

Norths hate Manly and would rather be a feeder club the moree boomerangs than manly.

A lot of norths parents are from the old days and will not their sons play for manly. Florimo is also the president and he wouldn't have anything to do with manly.

I cant see norths ever being a feeder club for Manly in my lifetime.

And so the bitterness stems from the North Sydney side of things by the sounds of that.
I can't see why Manly wouldn't encourage something like a feeder club. By the sounds of it, it just might be the attitudes of the old Norths boys that are holding the sensible option back.
While I too hated Norths it would make perfect sense for us to be using them as a feeder club and not Souths, who have their own little area, which to fight the Roosters for with juniors.
Manly didn't fcuk Norths, Norths fcuked Norths and the sooner they can come to terms with that little fact the better....

The Bears suck but I would have no problems in stealing their juniors as it can only benefit Manly.

Regarding their PL side, I could not see them being aligned to Manly when we already have a PL team. Norths could not attract quality PL players as it would be twice as hard for them to crack 1st grade with 2 PL sides feeding the 1sts team.

The - Bears - suck. Very astute Garts. "Stealing" their juniors? They'd be Manly's you ...... !!! Hehehehe....
Yeah - right, no Bears juniors.

Mark O'Meley
Matt Orford
Paul Stringer
Glenn Morrison
Matt King
Brett Dallas

etc etc all played in The Bears lower grades. REAL poor choice of player ability. They may not be LOCAL juniors, but how many LOCAL juniors do we have in our side:-

Jason King? Hmmmm
Choc - good
Beaver - awesome
Meaney

That's it.

Ryan I was not having a dig at Norths juniors, I was saying the Bears suck (ie the club) but I am happy to steal their juniors.

Please show me where I said Norths had no juniors, you just like any excuse to mention that O'Meley, King & Orford are Norths boys originally dont you?

Ryan, my point is that Manly get the best juniors from the Norths district anyhow. So it's a non issue as far as I'm concerned.

Someone who plays juniors for the bears will play for whoever gives them the best deal.

Melbourne did use Norths for the players who were not in their squad.

Manly spend most of their dollars on the NRL squaqd and are happy to add players with potential to junior grades. My guess is that we don't miss much.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4