North Queensland Cowboys v Manly Sea Eagles teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bani played a few games in the 1 jersey for the reggies last year I think when he was coming back from his first injury.  My main concern with Robbo back there is he doesn't seem to make the big try saving tackles.  No idea if Bani would be any better though. 

What has Des got to lose ? He names Williams at fullback and we give it a go.....if it doesn't work then Robbo and him can switch places and we are back to what he would have conservatively gone for anyway. If Williams makes a decent fist of it then we are better off with Robbo on the wing. Sure it might mean conceeding a try (or two) before we work out Wolfie is no good, but it is worth the shot I reckon.

Even if Des gives them free reign to switch around during the game to try a few options, that'd be good. Let Williams drop into fullback on 4th and 5th tackle in defense when they are outside our 40m and likely to kick long. That way we get to use his superior kick return. When they are attacking inside our 20 then if Des feels more comfortable with Robbo at fullback he can stay there. I'd like to see Wolfie given a shot at chiming into the backline in attack, so maybe they can switch up a bit when we have the ball. Even try Bani the following week to see how he handles it in bits and pieces.

It'd be nice to see Des try a few scenarios, we've got 8 more weeks at least of this, so why not try something rather than being conservative. We never know we may discover a hidden talent.

Id personally like to see Wolfman at fullback as well, but Des seems to think Robbo is best for the position.
I really dont get it, even when Hicks played i thought he was the obvious replacement for Stewart, but Des opted for Robbo.

Hicks was even worse than Robertson Pepi, he played in Brisbane a few years ago and we got toweled. I'd rather Williams there personally but I guess Robbo has got the experience there. Des is trying to win games and having he'll stick with what he thinks is the safest side. No one is going to score two tries a game like Brett.

For one of the very few times I find myself in agreement with the DSM, Robbo has done nothing for us whilst playing at No 1, either this year or when he filled in for Brett last season, he was very ordinary at No 1 for Scotland in the World Cup as well. He is however a very good finishing winger being wasted a fullback.

How come the majority of experts here can see robbo is not a fullback but Des Can't??

Maybe Willo handed over his photos of Des in flagrante delicto with the goat to Robbo when he left.

DSM5 link said:
If Des puts Robbo at fullback then Des's my new 'HateMan'.  Why repeat the failures of the past... endlessly.  Stick Bani there.  At least then you're not weakening one position to weaken another. 
With a bit of imagination we could turn this into a positive. Say, Ox to fullback, Wolf to half. Kill 2 birds with one stone?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Beatable

Watch out for Rapira, I have heard he is a bit of a gun
Would depend which bit of the gun. If he was a barrell for example he'd probably be slow

The team still sounds strong. A Manly win without Stewart would be a great boost to the side's confidence for 2009.
Des obviously has his reasons for sticking with Robbo at fullback. At least Robbo puts in effort and doesn't give up.

The Wheel link said:
How come the majority of experts here can see robbo is not a fullback but Des Can't??
Look Des is a lovely bloke and all, but really, what would he know about footy? Seriously. He probably couldn't even skull a yard glass.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4