Non-Manly Games [Round 2, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Warriors getting destroyed by the West Tigers. Manly may have played two of the form teams in the comp.

2 games in and some of you are talking spoons, keep the cutlery in the drawer til round 5 or so.

We are going to have players back and improve the more games we play .

Which catastrophic predictor would have though we would have beaten the roosters in the second half by 3 tries to one .

Warriors getting destroyed by the West Tigers. Manly may have played two of the form teams in the comp.

We never gave our selves a chance against the Tigers as we squandered possession but we did not get blown off the park like the Warriors have .

I think this is a very winnable game for us next week

I get your point but out of Garrick (who looked pretty good last night), Suli, Parker, Taufua or Elliott, the only one I would think is on considerably more than minimum NRL wage ($100k) would be Taufua.

If we could get Will on Taufua's wage then sure. But we also have Anderson, Funa and Albert Hopoate nearly ready as well.

Obviously we would look much better with Walker (on $600k) and Tom T (on $900k) available but we don't.

Will is still a VERY good FB. Great hands, great positional defender and attacker. I watched all his games last year and he was outstanding. He was the Dogs Player of the year.
Paying him 400k(if possible) to get TT out of the FB spot is a bargain...unles TT's FB play improves out of sight.

Bozo old mate . We conceded 26 points in one half when the game was there to be won.26 nil in that weather was just awful.Last week we conceded 20 in a half and got dominated when the game was there to be won.

Winning football games is about playing well under pressure. I’m hopeful about a few things I saw ( Fainu and Garrick especially) but I’d be very careful putting emphasis on games where the opposition have ensured you can’t win the game before you score a point.

Next week is a dealbreaker for those hoping for a top eight spot. Lose next week then Bunnies and that hope is gone already. Based on today’s game we must be a very good chance to beat Warriors which gives us a very rough hope to topple Bunnies at home with a bit of confidence.

Bozo old mate . We conceded 26 points in one half when the game was there to be won.26 nil in that weather was just awful.Last week we conceded 20 in a half and got dominated when the game was there to be won.

Winning football games is about playing well under pressure. I’m hopeful about a few things I saw ( Fainu and Garrick) but I’d be very careful putting emphasis on games where the opposition have ensured you can’t win the game before you score a point.

I see things differently feathered friend
The NRL is a pressure game for the full 80 minutes not just for 40 and the Roosters were on a mission to put a cricket score on us
We were under the pump for a hiding in the second half but we turned it around winning it by 3 tries to one
Credit were it is due .
Last week we never gave our selves a change of building any pressure because of poor ball control but it was the teams first game together and with each game we will improve like we did against the Roosters .
Some sceptics on here had a cricket score against us and we only lost by 8 points .

The NRL have really turned the game into rubbish. One team gets on top, the opposition get too tired to tackle, then the commentators, fans and media say the beaten team were dreadful and weak hearted. Most games lack intensity to provide interest for more than 10 minutes.

Winning football games is about playing well under pressure. I’m hopeful about a few things I saw ( Fainu and Garrick especially) but I’d be very careful putting emphasis on games where the opposition have ensured you can’t win the game before you score a point.

Next week is a dealbreaker for those hoping for a top eight spot. Lose next week then Bunnies and that hope is gone already. Based on today’s game we must be a very good chance to beat Warriors which gives us a very rough hope to topple Bunnies at home with a bit of confidence.

Fair points. I do think where this team is going to finish at season’s end is going to be a little unpredictable. I was ****ting myself in 2009 when we were 0 and 4 after 4 games. We ended up just missing out on top 4 after that. In 2004 we had an ordinary side that I think ended up winning 6 of the last 8 games. I think this team for what it is will impress us at some point this year. To what extent I just don’t know

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6