Non-Manly Games [Round 2, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This wasn't a hard tip imo. 9 days rest and playing at home again seemed like a good reason to pick the eels. Didn't think the refs would stitch up the cowboys so much though.

This wasn't a hard tip imo. 9 days rest and playing at home again seemed like a good reason to pick the eels. Didn't think the refs would stitch up the cowboys so much though.

Well done on tipping the slime I did not ( my tipping is poor this year) but if you watched that parra was gifted that game by the refs and the NRL not them winning it .The NRL need parra to succeed.

12805944_10153579877024926_3363575753313711799_n.jpg

If he wants to make it as a fullback he is going to need to get more comfortable under that high ball, he looks uncomfortable each time it comes his way. Very quiet tonight apart from the two mistakes with the low kicks down his wing.

I could be way off the mark but I just don't see him being the future star some on here rate him as.
To be honest and unbiased . When you compare what we have seen from Turbo and Gutho this year there is no comparison .

What a disgrace.

Just a total set up, to see the return of $Forme be a winning game.

I wonder how @Eelectric will see this.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Squeals, but they've been gifted this game.

20 to go, bugger it I can't watch any more.

Hi @Mark from Brisbane , I enjoyed reading this thread. Entertaining, Witty, sarcastic & made me laugh.

However, I'll agree to disagree with most of the sentiments here that we won because of the ref or fixing. I don't think so.

We won because of the Eels attitude, built primarily on great defence, that was determined & desparate enough to win & also better composure. Didn't see the ref make any tackles.

Sure the Eels had the rub of the green penalty wise, but possession ended up only 51-49% in the Eels favour. Not a huge advantage, partly because the Eels made plenty of errors themselves at very inopportune times.

Sure, the penalties, helped with possession but the Eels attack didn't have the fluency to take full advantage of the penalties (9-4) & made plenty of errors themselves to ensure they didnt capitalize on the advantage.

Our attack was average, at best. Semi & Jennings had very limited opportunities. The Cowboys attack was far more fluent than ours, especially in the second half, when the Cowboys refused to surrender even until the dying seconds, throwing whatever they could at the Eels desparate defence.

Even accounting for the Cowboys large error rate (15-11), which in part was caused by the pressure the Eels defence asserted.

"Their rushing defence, we got spooked a couple of times and came up with simple errors." Matt Scott, co captain.

If you look at replays of the Eels tries, it was attitude again that lead the way. Peats determined run out of dummy half to burrow his way under a mountains of defenders. Edwards & Taka's determined bulldozing runs. It wasn't due to fluent well constructed movements. It was due to attitude & determination.

It should be noted that the final penalty the ref gave the cowboys in the last 5 minutes to win.

It helped piggy back them up towards the Eels line & they took advantage to score & even an opportunity to miraculously win the game in the dying minute.

Didn't notice anyone blowing up about that , did you ?

It's too early to say whether the Eels have turned the corner, permanently, but the signs are positive.

So we'll agree to disagree, but it's all good I've got no issues with anyone's differing opinion.

Last edited:
Parra had a great attitude last night like they did in round one last year which is true to their usual feather weight form. "0ne swallow does not a summer make"
Hmmm the ref had a terrible game last night Eels certainly got the rub of the green.

Really? Would you mind doing the rest of my tips for the year mate....@:D
I just expected the Eels slow choke to get the Cows home. I was totally blind sided by the flying Horseheads' take down....even JT couldn't get a word in!

Hi @Mark from Brisbane , I enjoyed reading this thread. Entertaining, Witty, sarcastic & made me laugh.

However, I'll agree to disagree with most of the sentiments here that we won because of the ref or fixing. I don't think so.

We won because of the Eels attitude, built primarily on great defence, that was determined & desparate enough to win & also better composure. Didn't see the ref make any tackles.

Sure the Eels had the rub of the green penalty wise, but possession ended up only 51-49% in the Eels favour. Not a huge advantage, partly because the Eels made plenty of errors themselves at very inopportune times.

Sure, the penalties, helped with possession but the Eels attack didn't have the fluency to take full advantage of the penalties (9-4) & made plenty of errors themselves to ensure they didnt capitalize on the advantage.

Our attack was average, at best. Semi & Jennings had very limited opportunities. The Cowboys attack was far more fluent than ours, especially in the second half, when the Cowboys refused to surrender even until the dying seconds, throwing whatever they could at the Eels desparate defence.

Even accounting for the Cowboys large error rate (15-11), which in part was caused by the pressure the Eels defence asserted.

If you look at replays of the Eels tries, it was attitude again that lead the way. Peats determined run out of dummy half to burrow his way under a mountains of defenders. Edwards & Taka's determined bulldozing runs. It wasn't due to fluent well constructed movements. It was due to attitude & determination.

It should be noted that the final penalty the ref gave the cowboys in the last 5 minutes to win.

It helped piggy back them up towards the Eels line & they took advantage to score & even an opportunity to miraculously win the game in the dying minute.

Didn't notice anyone blowing up about that , did you ?

It's too early to say whether the Eels have turned the corner, permanently, but the signs are positive.

So we'll agree to disagree, but it's all good I've got no issues with anyone's differing opinion.

He didn't have time to make any tackles, if he wasn't blowing crucial penalties for your mob, he was ignoring blatant knock-ons, same with holding players down ten out from the line, when he had no trouble blowing the pea out of the whistle for your mob.
Horsehead is the last of the Harrigan ego stylers imo. He needs f@cking off quicksmart before he influences any more games as badly as that.

He didn't have time to make any tackles, if he wasn't blowing crucial penalties for your mob, he was ignoring blatant knock-ons, same with holding players down ten out from the line, when he had no trouble blowing the pea out of the whistle for your mob.
Horsehead is the last of the Harrigan ego stylers imo. He needs f@cking off quicksmart before he influences any more games as badly as that.

And I thought Des Hasler blaming the referees for every loss was entertaining ..

I'm not going to say that the Cows got robbed last night. If anything they did that to themselves dropping so much ball. But facts are facts and Horsehead was biased and disgraceful last night.

I heard Semi was spotted at Sydney Airport this morning. Is it true that he's flying to LA to accept an Oscar?

I'm not going to say that the Cows got robbed last night. If anything they did that to themselves dropping so much ball. But facts are facts and Horsehead was biased and disgraceful last night.

I heard Semi was spotted at Sydney Airport this morning. Is it true that he's flying to LA to accept an Oscar?
The Rock and Semi.......doesn't really work does it? Maybe The Rock, Semi, and Flacid....together for the first time this season!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8