NON-Manly games: [Round 13, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
While we're at it I'll take Fitzy as well. Need a backrower like him. All power and energy
There's something about him running that reminds me of Choc. Low centre of gravity, plenty of leg drive and a surprising bit of pace... and all straight and hard often poking in between defenders

10 years ago - yes. Time for a change. How important are wingers these days. Kick returns, diffusing bombs, hit ups, tackle breaks, scoring crazy tries etc.

Jorge isn't capable any more and Reubs is being starved of quality possession so much you'd think he was eligible for help from World Vision donations.

Doesn't matter, that's not how the rule works. If he has a foot on the ground in goal when he catches it then it's caught in goal. We can argue whether it was a smidge before or after, but for the vidiot to over-rule that was arrogance personified. He had one look from an angle that was very misleading in terms of whether the foot was grounded or not. The subsequent extra shot angles that came through made it clear the vidiot had been premature.

And I should add that if the ref sent it up as caught from the field of play, I would have been fine with the decision. It was close either way. I was upset that the vidiot over-turned it when it wasn't that clear cut at all

Not trying to pick a fight but my understanding of the rule is that the foot needs to be on the ground before it’s caught, not in the process of but who knows?

Is it the same as if a ball goes into touch, foot on the ground and you just have to touch it or are things in goal different?

If only the vidiot or commentators could explain it one way or the other.
I do take your point of the vidiot overruling and doing it so quickly.
You’re right, to overrule when it wasn’t clear cut is ridiculous, I’m of the opinion that if it’s as tight as that decision was they should back the ref but they never seem to.
Ultimately I think the decision was right but the process and speed of it is wrong.

Oh dear, the real Steelers just turned up for the start of the second. :(

Kane just run through BOTH of the Steeler's props to score that. Hang your heads...

There's something about him running that reminds me of Choc. Low centre of gravity, plenty of leg drive and a surprising bit of pace... and all straight and hard often poking in between defenders
Yep, exactly like choc. The type of player we desperately need. Runs hard, quick play the balls, gets over the advantage line, big ticker sound defence.

A back rower like him and athletic strong fast winger and we would look so much better

Not trying to pick a fight but my understanding of the rule is that the foot needs to be on the ground before it’s caught, not in the process of but who knows?

Is it the same as if a ball goes into touch, foot on the ground and you just have to touch it or are things in goal different?

If only the vidiot or commentators could explain it one way or the other.
I do take your point of the vidiot overruling and doing it so quickly.
You’re right, to overrule when it wasn’t clear cut is ridiculous, I’m of the opinion that if it’s as tight as that decision was they should back the ref but they never seem to.
Ultimately I think the decision was right but the process and speed of it is wrong.
100% mate. The bunker far to frequently change calls that are inconclusive. You watch a game of NFL and rarely do flag challenges ever work. It needs to be 100% no shadow of a doubt the call is wrong to be overturned. Think of it like the penalty try rule and how rarely they are given. It needs to be that conclusive imo. That’s why I thought the challenge From the eels tonight was laughable.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2