Noel Crusher Cleal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
cava2323 said:
conanu said:
I'm not happy with our board but the fact is Des has left because of money and no other reason he can talk s**t about challenges all day but he left pure and simply for cash and not just cash in his pocket but cash for Jnr players etc and the reason I know this is because if he really just wanted a challenge he wouldnt have done all this less than a week after a Grand Final. Greenburg gave him a deadline and turned the screws Hasler was his puppet for the week cause he dangled a massive cheque in front of him. This is out of character for Des and that is because he is not used to being controlled by money. If he wanted a challenge go and help Cronulla thats a bloody challenge. Taking over a club on thousands of dollars and having millions to spend on your roster and support staff that is not a challenge that is down right greedy.

Thanks for leaving us in a pile of s**t Des and Zorba you can officially go F*** yourselves you are both dead to me. You especially Zorba you fat sook you couldnt wait to stick the boot in. Im sure your nephew is proud of you and thankful for leaving him in the s**t too you c**k.

I may be wrong though im sure ive read that he was offered more money to stay at Manly in the end, though it came down to issues with the current board. More of a worry loosing Crusher..

He may of been offered more to stay here, but the bulldogs can offer more in the form of spending on sports science / lower grades / what he wants in general on development....

I haven't heard any official word on Crusher so let's not expect the worst unless it has been confirmed.

Until it's made official i will not be believing anything ANY papers say. If it does officially come out that he is also leaving then i will be very worried about where this great club is going.

So reports are that Crusher will be going with Des to them, so what's the go with his job now till end 2012

He can't really be unearthing talent for long term for us if he will be scouting for them or will he take them too

May as well punt him now if he is following Des

MK Eagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Maybe we as fans can start doing the scouting for talented kids Australia wide and tip the Sea Eagles off ?
I'm tipping my son Kade to be a future Seaeagle star BE but the problem is he is only 9 atm haha. Good news, - maroon & white blood is pumping from head to toe!! ;)

Being in the real estate game, no doubt you'll just auction him off to the highest bidder. :)

Jonesyv2 said:
cava2323 said:
conanu said:
I'm not happy with our board but the fact is Des has left because of money and no other reason he can talk s**t about challenges all day but he left pure and simply for cash and not just cash in his pocket but cash for Jnr players etc and the reason I know this is because if he really just wanted a challenge he wouldnt have done all this less than a week after a Grand Final. Greenburg gave him a deadline and turned the screws Hasler was his puppet for the week cause he dangled a massive cheque in front of him. This is out of character for Des and that is because he is not used to being controlled by money. If he wanted a challenge go and help Cronulla thats a bloody challenge. Taking over a club on thousands of dollars and having millions to spend on your roster and support staff that is not a challenge that is down right greedy.

Thanks for leaving us in a pile of s**t Des and Zorba you can officially go F*** yourselves you are both dead to me. You especially Zorba you fat sook you couldnt wait to stick the boot in. Im sure your nephew is proud of you and thankful for leaving him in the s**t too you c**k.

I may be wrong though im sure ive read that he was offered more money to stay at Manly in the end, though it came down to issues with the current board. More of a worry loosing Crusher..

He may of been offered more to stay here, but the bulldogs can offer more in the form of spending on sports science / lower grades / what he wants in general on development....

I haven't heard any official word on Crusher so let's not expect the worst unless it has been confirmed.
Seriously mate, did you hear an official word on Des before all this sh1t went down?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
So reports are that Crusher will be going with Des to them, so what's the go with his job now till end 2012

He can't really be unearthing talent for long term for us if he will be scouting for them or will he take them too

Good point about Crusher. The long term nature of player recruitment means if he's planning on following Des in 2013, makes his job even more untenable than Dessies next year.

Considering the dogs screwed Kane cleal as he lay in hospital witha broken jaw, I'd be surprised if cleal joined em

It looks like Des has Zen like power over his people, that they will do whatever Des says. Is "Desmania" a new cult? Can't they think for themselves?

Berkeley_Eagle said:

So you want to punt Crusher ( which I agree with) but not punt Des that seems like a double standard to me. Des would be as much as Crusher involved in recruiting so I believe both should do the honorable thing and walk

Crusher must stay at all costs.

If we lose Crusher, we lose much more than if we lose des.

Players like Jamie Lyon are so loyal to Crusher that it defies belief. He has housed so many players and brought so many to the club. The country boys love him.
It takes about 3 - 5 years to see the impact of a recruitment and development manager/officer, we lose Crusher to the dogs, and it will be 5 - 10 years before we fully recover.

Look at Parramatta since Crusher left.

No we have to hold on to him. If that means we name a stand after him, give him the leagues club, whatever then bloody well do it and do it NOW!

If it us true that Crusher is going to the Dogs, there is literally no point for him to be at the club in 2012.

Hope he stays on.

No definate evidence yet but Zorba hintly on sunday that he expected Des' support staff to follow him. Hopefully he is wrong

CRUSHER IF YOU READ THIS WE WANT YOU TO STAY PLEASE
all the extra travel you will have to do in this ****ty Sydney traffic

Reports in the paper had the whole saga finalising in the last days before the Grand Final, with Greenberg and Hasler getting together to finalise an hour after Penn had made the upgraded offer. Is that enough time to ring around the support staff and say, 'Right, I've made up our minds, and we're all going!'
Are the others happy with taking less money or what they are being offered to walk with Des? Are all the support staff bitter at management and dispassionate enough with Manly to leave as well?
I know many times a coach will ensconce his own staff as part of a coaching package at a new club, but not holas bolas, and not in a rush deal like this one is appearing to have been.
Remember how touched Crusher appeared to be when the Manly faithful organised a special viewing of the GF with proceeds to aid his wife's health battles. She is such a lovely lady and often would mingle with the Manly fans in and around games. She loves Manly too, would Crusher turn his back on all that for loyalty to Des?

Newcastle_Scotty said:
Reports in the paper had the whole saga finalising in the last days before the Grand Final, with Greenberg and Hasler getting together to finalise an hour after Penn had made the upgraded offer. Is that enough time to ring around the support staff and say, 'Right, I've made up our minds, and we're all going!'
Are the others happy with taking less money or what they are being offered to walk with Des? Are all the support staff bitter at management and dispassionate enough with Manly to leave as well?
I know many times a coach will ensconce his own staff as part of a coaching package at a new club, but not holas bolas, and not in a rush deal like this one is appearing to have been.
Remember how touched Crusher appeared to be when the Manly faithful organised a special viewing of the GF with proceeds to aid his wife's health battles. She is such a lovely lady and often would mingle with the Manly fans in and around games. She loves Manly too, would Crusher turn his back on all that for loyalty to Des?

Yes all of this is true, but the back office staff are not the same.

Hopefully Crusher stays. I will be devastated if he goes. Hopefully we can hold onto him and Donny Singe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7