Nobby's beach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Nobby's beach

Anyone else looking at the photos of the tanker running aground in Newcastle?

www.smh.com.au

Nobby's beach

they are awesome photos

Nobby's beach

Well i hope some of the weather from what i saw heads your way Mata, looked like a lot of rain in it

Nobby's beach

I was talking to my dad this morning (he lives in Stockton, the suburb / peninsula on the other side of Newcastle harbour) and we were just talking about how the winds were worse than when the Sygna ran ashore on Stockton Beach in 1974 (what's left of the wreck is still there... thankfully it's a big beach).

Anyway, about 2 minutes later, while we were talking (via Skype) the phone rang there and it was my mum, telling him that the ship had just ran ashore.

Funny timing I would say, but anyway... why didn't anything like that happen when I was there? Either way, it can't be *too* bad for Nobbys: hopefully it will churn up some of the seabed there and give it some decent breaks :)

Volley: you're obviously living in Newie. Born and bred or an import?

Nobby's beach

We have had 91mm here KE. The most rain we've seen in one event in 9 years or so. Now we just need a similar dump in a week or two to get some water into our dams.

Nobby's beach

So how significant is this fall for the people in your position Mata ?

How much relief will this offer

Nobby's beach

That amount would wet the catchments KE. I doubt much flow would make any dams.

Like mata said, you like to see double that over the next few weeks to really make much difference.

Nobby's beach

KE it means we can plant a winter crop with reasonable confidence. There is very good sub-soil moisture now.

Little difference to our catchments so our irrigators are still on the rack.

Nobby's beach

Cheers fella

Well i hope this is the start of a big winter for the areas that are struggling then

From some of the stories i have seen on the news over here from time to time the situation is pretty dire for some

Nobby's beach

It's gone beyond dire for many. The drought has gone on for so long that for some the situation is irretrievable.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4