No Wolfie for Monday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll take a stab in the dark & assume that means that at least either Hoppa or Foran are playing, hopefully both.

Good news IMO.

last yr would have panic what with bailey & Trex as the other options this yr i can relax & know its covered.. :cool:

manlyforever08 said:
Wolfie played NSW Cup today so he won't be playing Monday.
Thanks for that as I was wondering if he did and was going to post the question. Disappointed no Wolfie on Monday but glad Hoppa's playing - and of course Snake. Presumably Oldfield played NSW Cup today too.

No word on Oldie playing NSW Cup that I can find - Snake should have fitness test in the morning. Seems very positive!! :)

Looks as though oldfield is ahead of wolfie in the pecking order now. Looks like it's a long way back for the wolfman.

Oldfield didn't play NSW cup.
Wolfie barely got the ball. That team is a friggin rabble.

It looks like Hoppa to the wing, Oldie on standby for Brett.

Given that Willo is the coach (a guy who understands basically every position on the field and was a great defender) I don't know what is wrong with our reggies. They are really going bad. They seem to be a team of (reserve greade) greats rather than a great (reserve grade) team.

Fittler had a **** team with a **** culture

I dont rate Lewis as great,i rate his teammates during one of his moments of "brilliance" as the real great ones,Reminds me alot of Slater
and you could say that his career was pushed big time on field like Undertaker after hell in a cell with Foley,who btw done ALL the work

Bellamy and Bennett have had salary caps to the moon
all of their careers,Broncos arent cheats? bull****,todays dragons
are under the cap? Bull****!

Bellamy well we know what happened there

W**k on all you like.

Yes Wally is overrateted but he's still a great player.
Roosters are good every second year. As long as Fittler had an off season, he had a good team on one side of it.

Broncs, Saints & Storm have been over the cap but look at this year. Which one is over the cap?
They're the top three.

Willo looked the goods to be a top coach. He knows how to play pretty much every position & is a great communicator/good bloke.

Maybe he needs to be an assistant under Des for a while but I think he is in the perfect position to end up one of the better coaches. Maybe he's a bit too young yet. He was a player just last year.

Generally speaking in regards to sports, mediocre players make better coaches. Turns out when you play at that level but don't have the athletic talent of any of your opposition you have to get a lot smarter.

NSW cup boys are disapointing at the moment but I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of it can be put down to teething problems at the moment. The Cougs is learning on the job (albeit under one of the best going around) & for a lot of the team it is their first year playing together. Riccardi would be adjusting to the new level & the outside backs depth seems to have been tested quite severly.

I wont judge them on this season, but if they continue to stink up the joint next year then I'd say that heads will roll. Remember that the '08 NYC team was pretty abysmal but they went on to win in '09 after having an extra year to gel.

Des was a brilliant player,he is also a brilliant coach

Im guessing the storm arent over but they are still suffering from alot of desire for a legit premiership,Dragons and broncos have to be

Dragons because even with the offloads they done good recruitment
Broncos because Lockyer is listed at $250k when a player of his name should be on the same wage as Thurston and Smith

What you need to understand about Bellemy is that the guy took all those guys from nothing and made them too expensive for the club to keep. Yes some were Australian Schoolboys but others weren't. The Stanley Brothers, Duffie and Widdop are good examples of boys coming through where Bellemy is teaching them like he did Slater, Cronk, Smith and Inglis.

Bennett has always had superstars. All he had to do was motivate them to win. Their skills did the rest. Broncos and Dragons: both teams full of stars. Why doesn't he go to the Sharks, Parra or Souths and win one of them a Premiership? That's right, because they are mediocre in the player ranks. He's not the best coach, he's just good at taking good players and getting the full potential out of them...and that comes with reputation spanning from an undefeated streak in GF's (7 I think its at now)

He has been beaten in a GF in his time at canberra
But because thats a manly fact its not often published,if ever
Not only did the '87 eagles take out Sheens they took his co-coach
Bennett with them

Bellamy cheated, plain & simple. He still bought players such as Crocker, Quinn, Geyer, Newton, Dallas Johnson, Ben Cross, Hinchcliffe, Finch, Ryan Tandy and others.

Because they were so successful during that 5 year period of cheating they built a following and a reputation that has drawn others to want to go there. Now they pay big bucks for the big 3 and the rest get squat. If Bellamy hadn't cheated he would have won nothing and wouldn't have a reputation and in turn wouldn't have guy's queuing up to play there for peanuts.

End of Rant!

Couldn't be arsed reading the Whole thread but the eagle you posted 2 of the dumbest things ever posted on silvertails.
You don't rate an immortal of the game as great (Lewis) and you called a manly premiership player mediocre.

Seriously as far as I'm concerned that puts you in the ranks of Shane and some of the other wankers.

The Eagle said:
He has been beaten in a GF in his time at canberra
But because thats a manly fact its not often published,if ever
Not only did the '87 eagles take out Sheens they took his co-coach
Bennett with them
Mate some advice if you are going to rant you need to have you facts in order. In 1987 Tim sheens coached penrith. Canberra were co coached by don gurner and Wayne Bennett. You need to give up you are making a right royal tool of yourself

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6