No whipping boys, no complaints

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have more potential & looked the better side problem was a few things happened that we could not pull off. But that is footy unfortunately.

In my mind winning by a penalty goal BS & is not a 'true"win - sure you get the valuable 2 points but we crossed the try line more frequently & that is what counts - we have class & potential lads so do not fret. If it was palyed at Brookie we would of won it.

Disappointed at result only, not attitude or comittment.

It's rare that I am satisfied after a loss, but more than happy with that game, particularly after scoring more tries.

They played well, but I harbour no fear next time we meet.

Disappointed to say the least.
That is one big right side the Titans have got.
I thought they played us at our own game.
I expected more,but enjoyed the battle.

MANLY4LIFE said:
It's the 2 comp points that we may look back on later as the ones that got away ! That's what burns me up

I think we've all seen a lot worse losses/performances than this one. Every reason to be positive and see if Tooves can get more from the team now. Early days and now only two teams undefeated and its just Round 3.

Moondog said:
Bloody T- Rex. Was he even out there?

Agreed he had a poor game, invisible in fact :D

Close losses are tough to take but belting the Titans at Brookie in round 2 will ease the pain.

NYEagle said:
Good game. High quality.

Manly played well, so did titans.

Very even should have been a draw.

Gold Coast are a bad matchup. Manly lose to them every year as favourites, even in 2008 and 2011.

On to next week,

NYEagle

We didn't lose to the Titans in 2008 or 2011

2008:

Rnd 17 - Manly defeated the Titans 34 to 14 at Robina
Rnd 25 - Manly defeated the Titans 28 to 10 at Brookie

2011 (only played them one round):

Rnd 10 - Manly defeated the Titans 16 to 12 at Robina

How can people be saying Titans played better and deserved the win?
We scored more trys. Any other day of the week Lyon kicks at least one more conversion and no team ever gets two penalty goals. We win this game 9 times out of 10. I'm not saying we were ripped off but to be congratulating the Tits is going a bit far. They were very lucky and got away with one they wouldn't have expected to, given the circumstances.

Napper said:
Kevinward777 said:
We defended brilliantly
We stayed in the grind with a very physical pack until we started dominating them.
We attacked with great structure.
We scored more tries.
Unfortunately God made up his mind that we weren't walking away with a win.
At least we got no injuries!

Does GOD stand for Goalpost of Doom? Because they were for Killer.

David Gower should be our first choice kicker, He hasn't missed a conversion for 2 years

Hey,I haven't missed one for 8 years( But I haven't got one either)
Killer can kick and will hit them from the sidline when it counts GO MANLY

Is it time to bring the value of tries up to 6 points and conversions remain at 2?

I just say this because now days almost every team member has a hand in scoring a try. Whereas the conversion is done by one man only.

eagle-rock08 said:
Is it time to bring the value of tries up to 6 points and conversions remain at 2?

I just say this because now days almost every team member has a hand in scoring a try. Whereas the conversion is done by one man only.

Trys are worth 1 point. That is all.
Put some penalties to 5 in the bin.

Maybe keep goals as tie breakers. We scored 3:1 beating their 2:4. Goals can count to for and against but not games. This is not yawnion.

Don't forget we beat the Boncos last season when we scored less tries than them.
It happens, occasionally.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4