NO REPLAYS .. NO BUNKER

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
A question for all that watched the NRL live stream of the juniors .. apart from the "work in progress" calling ... what is your impressions regarding no replays and no bunker reviews for tries ...

Initially the lack of an incident replay irked me, was the ref's call correct? .. and the the no review for tries ... Did he really get that ball down ?

But as the game went on I just started to accept the ref's call and was happy just to get on with the game ...

i think most people would be happy to accept the ref's decision,
until there is a howler of a decision going against their team

In real time it is hard to know if it was a howler ... it's the 20 slow motion replays from 10 different angles that highlight them ... and then the bunker seem to get half them wrong anyway ...

In real time it is hard to know if it was a howler ... it's the 20 slow motion replays from 10 different angles that highlight them ... and then the bunker seem to get half them wrong anyway ...
true, unless you can convince the broadcasters to not show each error 100 times then complaints will never stop and the video ref will stay.
now if only they could find a way to detect forward passes....

It all rests on the media.

We need to control them like the AFL does.
If we go back to no "help" for the on-field ref, then the media need to just back the refs calls and stop with the sensationalistic bull****......so it will never happen.

The thing that shocks me - the bunker is designed to eliminate refs mistakes and ensure the right call is made, yet after 45 replays can not rule on a pass that's 8 metres forward....find it a bit hypocritical of what the bunker was designed for.

Just go to the bunker for grounding only. Everything else beforehand is up to the refs. You get calls for and against during the game that don't get over analysed so why do they do it in the lead up to a try.

I'm with ya @Woodsie ( although I didn't watch the live stream ).

On one hand we have the broadcaster taking us closer than ever before and we want to get decisions right but ffs once it's done move on, they just perpetuate the mistake.
On the other we have the spectators at the game that are probably the best judges of whether the winger grounded the ball or not and if it's right or wrong we wouldn't know unless they replay it over and over again.
The bunker has it's place but to me, if they have to slow something down to a poofteenth of a second to determine a try then it's a try but what about the butterfly effect of the previous plays.
They outsmart themselves and as Wayne Bennett once said something along the lines of "the game ain't perfect, so stop looking for perfection"

Look at cricket, if the umpire sends it upstairs for LBW, it's a computer that doesn't take into consideration whether they're playing at the WACA with a new ball or Mumbai after 65 overs, there is no consideration for how much bounce there is.

Soccer is the same with the VAR, they'll pull up an offside for a toenail - to the point that the touchies don't put the flag up -but ignore the fact that a player takes a free kick or threw the ball in in five metres in front of where it should be.

Interesting with the AO tennis with no challenges, it's a quick look at the replay, a shrug of the shoulders and maybe a dirty look - but play on. The players and commentators, off we go.

I could go on...

Just go to the bunker for grounding only. Everything else beforehand is up to the refs. You get calls for and against during the game that don't get over analysed so why do they do it in the lead up to a try.
so you'd be happy to have this happen regularly? (2:31in):

The thing that shocks me - the bunker is designed to eliminate refs mistakes and ensure the right call is made, yet after 45 replays can not rule on a pass that's 8 metres forward....find it a bit hypocritical of what the bunker was designed for.
Should be able to rule on a suspected forward pass on a captain's challenge at least . Or on a similar basis if there is any doubt by the Ref on a possible forward pass in the lead up to a try . That would be an improvement even at a basic level .

so you'd be happy to have this happen regularly? (2:31in):

Mr Magoo must have been ruling on that Eels foward pass ,god we have been dudded time and again by those yello slime .Think back to that Turbo pass last year, that pass was alot flatter than that Eels try

Whilst ever broadcasters show a 100 views and slow it down to a snails pace we’ll have the bunker.

We might hate it but such is life!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4