No reception at the leagues club this year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sooty Fan said:
My mail, Not your mail! :) is that the players will at some stage in the evening go back to the leagues club to thank the sponsors! :)

YOUR mail will be correct, private party, sponsors only...you would expect this surely, but the players WILL be at Brookvale Oval to thnak the fans....but MY mail is that there will be zero access to the club for any fan after the players leave the Live site.....I don't run the Leagues Club, nor the Function but can only think they will in fact close the club iteself early due to the Brookvale Live site being the main alternative.

As I have said several times in this thread it's a wise choice (after the debacle that was 2008).

wombatgc said:
NY your're on your own here mate. We got in (still can't remember how?)I had the daughter (11) and my niece(17) at the time.It was crazy, but more from a legal and OH&S point of view, it was dangerous.I had to bribe the kid with money so she wouldn't tell her mother the shiit fight I dragged her threw!(she did, after she spent the money..:bash: )

Sounds like you were outsmarted.

Cheers MB

ManlyBacker said:
Volley said:
Do you have to pre-buy tickets or can you rock up on the night and buy to get in?

Volley, see http://www.silvertails.net/news/5892-players-to-go-back-to-brookvale.
It says tickets can be bought at the gate.

Yes they can BUT in limited numbers and you know what'll happen....5,000 people all wanting to buy tickets and they can't!!

For $20 ($15 if you are a member) buy one now and guarantee entry

Garts said:
Wheel said he thinks the bar closes at 10. We will probably make it for a couple after the game. Might carry a flask.

Wheel will riot if the bar closes at 10.00 pm.

tookey said:
Garts said:
Wheel said he thinks the bar closes at 10. We will probably make it for a couple after the game. Might carry a flask.

Wheel will riot if the bar closes at 10.00 pm.
Front page of the Daily :)
Low and mid strength beer only and bar closes 10.00pm!

There will be many drunks roaming the streets if they stop the bar at 10pm, and not much else open on a Sunday night, and Leaguesy a shut-out. And I shall be one of them.

If Brookie hotel is closed/full after the live site shuts then on to Manly or the City we go, no biggie. The Leaguesy is a craphole anyway.

Even though it’s a long weekend normal Sunday licensing laws will be in place!:) Expect not everything to be open (unless they applied for an exception)

I just heard that Kristina Kirsch is putting on drinks at her house once the live site shuts.

NYEagle said:
I'm very disappointed to hear the team will not be coming back to the leagues club after the game, but instead be heading to Brookvale oval for post game revelries.

The rationale for this they say is they didn't want a repeat of the Chaos after the 2008 grand final.

What chaos?. Everyone outside was in the best possible behavior, and sure, many of us were locked out of the club but we had a party all our own outside and gave the team the greatest reception ever.

It's the one thing I dislike about conservative Sydney. They see people have a fun time and they put a lid on it. Instead, fans will be forced to go to Brookvale and pay $25.00 a head to see the players.

We should make a complaint. I make it a tradition every year win or lose when Manly are in the gf to go to the club and celebrate outside/inside on these special occasion.

Now that's over, it's not right.

NYEagle
Was this you in the Manly Daily?

Oliver distler writes:

Posted on
27 Sep 11 at 08:34pm
What a disgrace. I have made it a tradition, win or lose, to go to the club and celebrate, whether inside our outside. Every year the atmosphere has been electric and the fans have always been on the best possible behavior. It's a even I have always looked forward to, even this year. Now hear to my dismay that the Manly club want to shuffle us off to Brookvale oval like a herd of sheep and charge us $25.00 a head to have the privilege of seeing the team from a mile away. The rational being to avoid the "chaos" after he 2008 grand final. What chaos?. Everyone was great that night and the reception the team received was electric. It's a sad indightment on conservative Sydney - a bunch people have some fun and are happy, and a lid is put on it. Disappointed

Yes that was me and I stand by my comments.

We lose the atmosphere. Celebrations of such a nature should be spontaneous, not some contrived event where everyone one by one makes a speech and we see them from miles away and get charged $6.00 for a pie or a drink. I just don't like it. That stuff is great for the families and kids, but let's run the after gf celebration during the day the following Sunday.

If you read the other comments many agree with me. I was right on the front lines of the so called "chaos" In 2008 the whole night and there was nothing to speak of in my opinion. I was one deep in the queue, and thoroughly enjoyed myself and saw nothing bad happen at all.

If you disagree, please enlighten us.

I was a bit harsh about the cost as it matters not to me, I was more thinking from the perspective of a fan who has spent 100's of bucks just going to the grand final and then has to fork out a whole bunch more for the post-game. Personally, I think it is a great re rue raiser for the club in a difficult year, so I'll give it a pass, but unfortunately it will result in these contrived events becoming the norm.

Apologies if I offended anyone, but I hope the above at least makes sense to you as a valid opinion.
NYEagle

Why don't you at least give the oval idea a go before you criticise it NYEagle? How do you know that you will lose the atmosphere? For all that you know, you may actually enjoy yourself.

NYEagle said:
Yes that was me and I stand by my comments.

We lose the atmosphere. Celebrations of such a nature should be spontaneous, not some contrived event where everyone one by one makes a speech and we see them from miles away and get charged $6.00 for a pie or a drink. I just don't like it. That stuff is great for the families and kids, but let's run the after gf celebration during the day the following Sunday.

If you read the other comments many agree with me. I was right on the front lines of the so called "chaos" In 2008 the whole night and there was nothing to speak of in my opinion. I was one deep in the queue, and thoroughly enjoyed myself and saw nothing bad happen at all.

If you disagree, please enlighten us.

I was a bit harsh about the cost as it matters not to me, I was more thinking from the perspective of a fan who has spent 100's of bucks just going to the grand final and then has to fork out a whole bunch more for the post-game. Personally, I think it is a great re rue raiser for the club in a difficult year, so I'll give it a pass, but unfortunately it will result in these contrived events becoming the norm.

Apologies if I offended anyone, but I hope the above at least makes sense to you as a valid opinion.
NYEagle

I have to disagree. What they are talking about is not fighting or pushing. What they are talking about is the mess caused by people stayiing at home and when people finally got back from the game, they couldn't get into the leagues club.

I agree with having it at the oval. What I don't agree with is locking us all out of the Leagues after the event. If I had my way, after the game I would make an announcement that the clubwould be temporarily closing its doors and for everyone to leave and head to the ground to see the players.

Then, when everything is over at the ground, I would only allow Leagues club/ Football Club members with season passes/game passes or Grand Final tickets into the club. If you can pull all 4 out then you get priority over the queue of people trying to get in.

I like this idea because I know I'll be able to pull all of these out and get priority ;)

Just wanted to clarify a small point on the leagues club for everyone.

Fans will not be 'locked out' however the capacity at any one time on Sunday will be 1500. As you can imagine they will most likely get that many by midday.

For this reason and to ensure the safety of anyone wanting to see the team we decided to host the live site. If you aren't keen on the idea there really isn't anything stopping you from waiting outside the leagues club instead. However this option won't guarantee you seeing the players, while visiting the live site will.

Go Manly!

Larissa

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7