No Punching, No Slapping.........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yup, although slapping is a pretty soft cheap shot. Bring back punching and it's solved! Would love for the shoulder charge to return, guess I'll just keep waiting.

Ps Silvertails is looking good

All players to wear mittens

giphy.gif

NRL 2018

TBH this had to happen. The slap is a terrible look and has been prevalent since punching got you binned.

It would appear though, the way the NRL is heading, shirt grabbing during confrontation will be the next bin-able offence.

The slap has gone the same way as the punch, with the NRL promising that future offenders will be marched to the sin bin.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ffenders-to-be-sinbinned-20170412-gvjooa.html

......(Klemmer) was penalised for his role in that altercation at Lottoland but remained on the field. That will not be the case any longer after a meeting of the NRL competition committee on Wednesday determined that slapping should be regarded as a sin-binning offence.

AFL style slapping was never in league until the NRL banned the punch. Now we have all sorts of AFL style sly cheap rubbish going on. But Aunt May can't see that so she thinks the game is cleaner when in fact it is grubbier than ever.

Neutering rugby league won't save society. There's more violence on tv every night than what Gallen did in an Origin moment. Try watching an episode of Wentworth or even a 1960s Batman brawl.

And meanwhile UFC & MMA are cleaning up millions of dollars in tickets and sponsors.

Mums don't play rugby league so what she thinks isn't the biggest pressure on the NRL. Its the boys themselves that decide. If the boys don't have any interest in playing league what mum thinks won't even matter.

From the little I know of NFL there is zero tolerance of fighting, even 'taunting' I think. Do you lot think NFL is soft?

Love how the nrl can change whatever rule they want mid season but STILL wont implement a 5 min sin bin..
Punch-5mins each player end of story.

Same for the shoulder charge..
5 mins.. If the same player does it again in the same match.. 10 mins
3rd time is to the judiciary..

Cuts out players getting suspended every bloody week and also would help with the 50/50 ones.. Cant cop 2 weeks on the sideline because you braced yourself for impact, but a 5min sin bin for it isnt too bad

AFL style slapping was never in league until the NRL banned the punch. Now we have all sorts of AFL style sly cheap rubbish going on. But Aunt May can't see that so she thinks the game is cleaner when in fact it is grubbier than ever.

Neutering rugby league won't save society. There's more violence on tv every night than what Gallen did in an Origin moment. Try watching an episode of Wentworth or even a 1960s Batman brawl.

And meanwhile UFC & MMA are cleaning up millions of dollars in tickets and sponsors.

Mums don't play rugby league so what she thinks isn't the biggest pressure on the NRL. Its the boys themselves that decide. If the boys don't have any interest in playing league what mum thinks won't even matter.

Great stuff!

Fair enough!
Anecdotally, I recall as a kid discovering rugby league (I didn't go to a league school) and found it absolutely compelling largely because of the fear factor. Not many matches were televised, and I couldn't get to Brookie too often, so I'd read all the snippets and looked at the photos in the daily papers. My overriding impression was that this was beyond tough, it was scary. I recall a front page picture of the seriously mashed face of a young Saints prop who received the standard initiation from Souths forwards.

Part of the appeal of my early heroes for Manly was that they were actually brave and strong enough to stand up to the scary thugs of other teams.
It is a different game now, but it will never go back to the old ways. Better in some ways but has lost something too. Swings and roundabouts.

Fair enough!
Anecdotally, I recall as a kid discovering rugby league (I didn't go to a league school) and found it absolutely compelling largely because of the fear factor. Not many matches were televised, and I couldn't get to Brookie too often, so I'd read all the snippets and looked at the photos in the daily papers. My overriding impression was that this was beyond tough, it was scary. I recall a front page picture of the seriously mashed face of a young Saints prop who received the standard initiation from Souths forwards.

Part of the appeal of my early heroes for Manly was that they were actually brave and strong enough to stand up to the scary thugs of other teams.
It is a different game now, but it will never go back to the old ways. Better in some ways but has lost something too. Swings and roundabouts.

Well said, and off topic, it is for that reason that every player that dons our jersey and runs on the field doesn't deserve some of the disrespectful and disparaging comments made by some posters on this forum.

If a bloke isn't up to first grade standard, say he should be dropped, sold or retired but some of the insulting shiit posted on here is over the top.

The "fark him off" brigade in my opinion are the equivalent of keyboard slappers.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4