No new rule changes...and chicks will dig you....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar

Saint, Sinner, Shoosh: NRL consultation committee to end rushed rule changes, referee crackdowns​

Rushed mid-season rule changes and referee crackdowns will be a thing of the past under a new plan to give players a voice.

@BuzzRothfield

7 min read
December 10, 2022 - 7:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...647e796aa9b7b76bb65f80438c961?amp#share-tools

Rushed rule changes and referee crackdowns will be a thing of the past under a plan between the clubs, the players’ association and the NRL for a more collective approach to the governance of the game.

A consultation committee including two player representatives will be set up to analyse the biggest issues in the game, such as rule changes, referees, the bunker, injury trends and player welfare.
It will prevent the independent commission from introducing a crackdown like the one that ruined Magic Round in 2021 without proper consultation with the game’s leading stakeholders. Players were sin-binned for minor breaches – and then several weeks later the rules were relaxed again.
Fans just want a consistent enforcement of the rules rather than the knee-jerk reactions in recent years to various trends in the game...everything is set to change in 2023.

So the only change is no new changes, at least they're consistent with consistency being overrated. I'll believe it at the end of the season.

Not sure why they need a plan to set up a committee to realise rushed rule changes and interpretations every year are putting everyone off.

I would have thought it was plainly fkn obvious.

Not sure why they need a plan to set up a committee to realise rushed rule changes and interpretations every year are putting everyone off.

I would have thought it was plainly fkn obvious.

The purpose of it is to throw the Players Assoc. a bone ... to make them think that they are important ... even if nobody really gives a fig about what they think.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4