NO MORE BLUETONGUE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darren said:
it's about money!! Brookie cannot generate enough money to keep the club going, it was mentioned in may that we were already 500 grand behind. Playing at suncorp, bluetongue gets guaranteed appearance money and then gate profits (I think)
Blame the council, nrl, politicians about our ground and the limited corporates it has etc. Blame the extremely poor conditions at the ground and why families like mine would never go.
All I care about is having the Eagles around and financially sound. That is why we move off Brookie and I support the club in this.

Well Darren, if you refuse to go to Brookie or to take your family there, you're a first rate **** (Like a coach spending 10k, I'm prepared to take the warning/ban for this one).
Sure it needs more corporate facilities but that has no impact on you or me supporting our team.

There are people on this forum who live interstate & o/s that bust a nut to get to a couple of games a year & you come out sprouting that ****. This IS a personal attack mate. Don't take it the wrong way.

If it's all about the money then logic suggest we should play all our games away from Brookie.
Great. We are the only club that has a perfect winning record at home.
Logic = get stuffed!

That was the last time I go to that **** hole to watch a game. I left work at 3pm and made it to my seat as they were kicking off. After a three hour drive in traffic, a half hour walk from my hotel in Wyoming to get to the stadium when there were no cabs in that dump of a place, half an hour to line up to collect my ticket then a twenty minute queue to get in. Then to watch the tigers win with what was a home ground advantage in our home game topped it off. It's all good to take our games there for the $ while we are winning but one loss, which I believe would have been a win at Brookie, is one loss too many. It's time to end this farce.

No disrespect to anyone here, all your issues are valid as far as i can see, but most of those issues were just obstacles on friday morning. After the loss they are now issues. At half time when we were 12 up what was the feeling

But , to muddy the waters here a little

The real story as I see it is about Melbourne. Manly are not alone in taking home games elsewhere to balance the books, many teams give up home advantage, but even though the storm lose more money than all of those clubs combined they dont have to lose an advantage as they are subsidised by the rest of the financially struggling clubs. Then they also get to pick weaker opponents due to a uneven draw as gate reciepts dont bother them either. The other clubs will pick up the difference

If they had their way they would play the wooden spooner 26 times a year

Hows that to restoring the balance, with something we can all agree on. Hate for the storm

I am a member Duff and been going to Brookie for around 25 years. I just won't take my wife and 2 small girls there and not going to get into a slanging match about our "family friendly" facilities" !! I have been a financial member for many years. Do you think the club execs don't realise the home ground advantage (and win) provides from Brookie? I imagine Penn and Quantum are hoping they don't have to keep pouring hundreds of thousands each year into the club to make up the shortfall. Heaven help us if we have an unsuccessful season in the future as we cannot make anywhere near a profit with a winning club from 2007-2011.
I read that in 2008 with a 40 nil gf win we still lost 200 grand (work that one out)

Darren said:
I am a member Duff and been going to Brookie for around 25 years. I just won't take my wife and 2 small girls there and not going to get into a slanging match about our "family friendly" facilities" !! I have been a financial member for many years. Do you think the club execs don't realise the home ground advantage (and win) provides from Brookie? I imagine Penn and Quantum are hoping they don't have to keep pouring hundreds of thousands each year into the club to make up the shortfall. Heaven help us if we have an unsuccessful season in the future as we cannot make anywhere near a profit with a winning club from 2007-2011.
I read that in 2008 with a 40 nil gf win we still lost 200 grand (work that one out)

So, it's all about the money, eh?. We may as well fold up, along with 12 or so other unprofitable teams. It seems to me that the Broncos are the only club that is truly profitable, and that's because they have an unfair advantage over everyone.
Perhaps you'd prefer the US system where the owner simply takes a club from one city to another. There are many examples of this. Maybe you'd like to see the Perth Sea Eagles. I guess that would free up Brookvale Oval for the frisbee contests the Green Councillors want.

jbb/james said:
No disrespect to anyone here, all your issues are valid as far as i can see, but most of those issues were just obstacles on friday morning. After the loss they are now issues. At half time when we were 12 up what was the feeling

If they keep winning then fine but One loss is one too many. If that game was at Brookie I reckon there's a fair chance that forward pass for Blake Ayshford try would have been called back because of the crowd reaction that would have come from the Jane try stand. Last night, because the crowd down that side of the field was predominantly tigers fans they just cheered and the try was awarded.

bones said:
jbb/james said:

If they keep winning then fine but One loss is one too many. If that game was at Brookie I reckon there's a fair chance that forward pass for Blake Ayshford try would have been called back because of the crowd reaction that would have come from the Jane try stand. Last night, because the crowd down that side of the field was predominantly tigers fans they just cheered and the try was awarded.

Spot on and what sort of financial loss may we incur if we drop a couple of places as a result of this and subsequent losses. I agree with the thread, no more Bluetongue. Surely with the additional cash from the new TV rights deal we can play all home games at home.

And....I live on the Central Coast.

god you guys are never happy

The same people who whinge when they perceive we are nitrate spending the whole cap blow up when we move a game. We are not in a situation where it is financialy sound to play every game at home. This is one of the compromises that needs to be made to ensure long term survival of the club

Yes a loss last night could impact on future earnings however the brand exposure in an additional market may compensate for that. Either way considering the financial state of the club a gaurenteed reward can not be overlooked

lsz said:

The same people who whinge when they perceive we are nitrate spending the whole cap blow up when we move a game. We are not in a situation where it is financialy sound to play every game at home. This is one of the compromises that needs to be made to ensure long term survival of the club

Yes a loss last night could impact on future earnings however the brand exposure in an additional market may compensate for that. Either way considering the financial state of the club a gaurenteed reward can not be overlooked

Well,let's not bugger around with "part" solutions like gooseford and suncorp/NZ/PNG/Perth.Why don't we move to a modern,state of the art stadium like SFS!Lithgow Sports precinct can get $4m in fed govt funding-best we can do is $6m...and the loony council gets it!This is fast turning into a basket case!Why aren't our Lords and masters at Penn health doing anything?

lsz said:

I agree in taking a game to the Central Coast, but not a Sydney team or the Warriors(we get a fair crowd with them).
So take either the Raiders, Titans or Cowboys there teams we usually get a low crowd. That way we get a minimum $100k from Singo either way.

you do not think the opposition are taken into account when the money is being offered ?

eagles2win said:
lsz said:

I agree in taking a game to the Central Coast, but not a Sydney team or the Warriors(we get a fair crowd with them).
So take either the Raiders, Titans or Cowboys there teams we usually get a low crowd. That way we get a minimum $100k from Singo either way.

The only reason we got paid to take this game there was because Singo knows there will be a great crowd. He wont pay 100k or whatever it is for us to take the Raiders,Titans,Cowboys there and draw some lousy less than 10k crowd. Give Singo a bit of credit he's a shrewd businessman not a sucker.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Bluetongue ? that beer tastes awful as well

I really like there ginger beer. Most boozy ginger beer is really sweet but i like their brew. Only place Ive struggles to get it, is the Bluetongue brewery ......

Fluffy said:
I thin Cambo might be into that but sorry im not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that)

appreciate you acknowledge my elite body
Mods I want gav to receive demerit points for vilifying me in the forum.

I'm sick of ure bullying gav you filthy gallop

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4