No leaders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
Well after watching yesterday debacle, the pc fans having a go at people booing puss please now the Hastings story breaks we about as hard as custard.
While this squad contains a lot of quality players both turbos, dylan walker, dce, tapau, addin and api. There no leadership out there and this is reason for get flooged or being flooged.
This reminds me of game v Souths at brookie 38-18 it’s same crap again.
Yes we got dce but he really not that guy, Joel thompson got some but to me it’s like a chook with its head cut off. I seen some blunders but letting green go who played in gfs in both nrl and superleague was huge f@@@ up.
When will we see our team mature who knows many of us have lived through the golden era of 05-14 will we ever see that again doubt it in current era. There not that loyalty in players these days your pay cuts like Matai, killer, choc, snake and gifty who brought this undone ....well dce look at the culture now wow showing his leadership there.
Anyhow there a lot of holes in this roster we may sneak in the 8.

Good point.
In a team like this, the real test is adversity is being able to hang in when things don’t go your way.
The smallest sign of trouble and the side falls apart....plenty including myself, loved the leadership of BK who ripped in harder when the chips were down....where is that leader??
DCE is a good Captain but has that nice guy feel more than that mongrel that is contagious from the Thurston/Johns type leader.
The Turbo Bros are Superstars, but are too quiet and though inspire with actions, you need a voice when the walls are coming in and the team is crumbling.

Good point.
In a team like this, the real test is adversity is being able to hang in when things don’t go your way.
The smallest sign of trouble and the side falls apart....plenty including myself, loved the leadership of BK who ripped in harder when the chips were down....where is that leader??
DCE is a good Captain but has that nice guy feel more than that mongrel that is contagious from the Thurston/Johns type leader.
The Turbo Bros are Superstars, but are too quiet and though inspire with actions, you need a voice when the walls are coming in and the team is crumbling.
Yeah there all kids where on a hiding to nothing really but Trent built this roster.
Dce it’s time to step up will it happen

When the forwards are marching up field dce is fine . Its when we are on the back foot that the **** sets in, and this is we're Dce has to step up .

Good leaders come with experience. Look at the past senior leading group - Jamie Lyon, Stewart brothers, ballin, Matai, king, Kite etc. And they played together for 8-10 years

We have the youngest rooster in the nrl atm

When the forwards are marching up field dce is fine . Its when we are on the back foot that the **** sets in, and this is we're Dce has to step up .
Most halves look good when their forwards are going forward and crap when they are getting belted.

Our forwards look great when they have a mountain of possession, destroy any side - but when we go for long periods without the ball our forwards fall over in a heap

That's why the starts are so important with Manly. When we start well, get a lot of possession and penalties go our way we flog sides, similar to last year.

When we start poorly and have no ball, we really struggle

Good leaders come with experience. Look at the past senior leading group - Jamie Lyon, Stewart brothers, ballin, Matai, king, Kite etc. And they played together for 8-10 years

Yeah I think all of us jumped on front foot and put foot in. But reality there all kids the only experienced players are not leaders your uate, tapau, dce, Walker simply don’t strike as leaders.
I say we gonna have some more heartache more it’s tough going from such a amazing group of players in 05-14 it’s a hard comparison. Jake got all marks of choc, Randall, Kosef, beaver but for such a young player he taking a lot of burden on his shoulders.
They come good but with still such a young group we will still take time.

Yeah I think all of us jumped on front foot and put foot in. But reality there all kids the only experienced players are not leaders your uate, tapau, dce, Walker simply don’t strike as leaders.
I say we gonna have some more heartache more it’s tough going from such a amazing group of players in 05-14 it’s a hard comparison. Jake got all marks of choc, Randall, Kosef, beaver but for such a young player he taking a lot of burden on his shoulders.
They come good but with still such a young group we will still take time.

They are all part of team "insert last name". Manly is just a meeting place.

This previous generation of great players were heavily influenced by the signing of Ben Kennedy, who took a few of the young guys at the club under his wing. That's what we needed from Myles and now desperately need from someone else.

What a difference BK would have made to this team. What a great player he was. Have never seen a player before or since single handedly transform a team the way he did for us. Legendary.
Look at players he took under his wing king, choc, gifty, Matai, snake. That was suppose to be Myles Job however it turned into retirement fund.

I said it in another thread, but we had the likes of Kennedy, Beaver, Matai, Watmough, Snake through some disappointing times as well - namely
- the 2nd half of 2005 where we were done 68-6 by a bog average sharks team.
- Booted out of the semi finals in 2005 by parra by a huge score.
- Out in straight sets in 2006, beaten 28-0 by the dragons in the qualifying final.
- Embarrassed in 2007 grand final.

We sure do need a leader, but lets not pretend that as soon as BK and co were in the team we were world beaters.

Agree. And by leaders we mean they lead by example but also we need talkers. We need a james graham type forward and an experienced "talking" half to partner chez. We have enough speed enough muscle enough skill to seriously contend but we need to buy some experienced "talkers" in a couple of key positions.
We are the least experienced side in the comp anf it shows

Which players should we be looking at in this regard? I really wanted us to make a play for Graham and he is that old hard head leader. Not sure theres that many true leaders out there these days. Maybe Beau Scott. Fifita would be huge if he wasnt so dumb. Still thinking.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8