No fine for Thurston

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
The NRL has decided that there will be no fine for Johnathan Thurston as they believe he did not question the integrity of officials.

Wow!

So saying "there needs to be an investigation" is not allowed, but "there is a conspiracy to get an all sydney GF" is allowed .

No real surprise really. Can't possibly do that to JT.

Greeturd is a joke. NRL not to far behind

Kangaroo court to the extreme.
Power Corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

And increasingly Greenberg is looking like a guy who has been promoted above his level of competency. Here's hoping the Barba cover-up finally brings him undone. I'm sure key sponsors won't be too impressed if he gets away with it. That wil also bring to an end his Machiavellian schemes to take games away from Brookvale. Last year it was bodyguards to protect Des from those uncouth Manly supporters. This year it was an alleged spitting incident against Barba and some confected waffle surrounding one of the Canterbury players' wives. Of course nothing ever came of it.

Greenturd, you have gone too far this time. I am gobsmacked that JT gets away with what he said and Toovey's fine stands. I would pay the Toovey fine in 5 cent pieces and dump them at the front door of the NRL HQ

A new order is in place, we have someone running the game with an obvious grudge towards our club. Greenturd has marked his territory, he makes Gallop look like a fairy god mother.

We must fight Greenturd all the way, the club must start a public campaign to annul Toovey's fine.

sheridanstand78 said:
Greenturd, you have gone too far this time. I am gobsmacked that JT gets away with what he said and Toovey's fine stands. I would pay the Toovey fine in 5 cent pieces and dump them at the front door of the NRL HQ

A new order is in place, we have someone running the game with an obvious grudge towards our club. Greenturd has marked his territory, he makes Gallop look like a fairy god mother.

We must fight Greenturd all the way, the club must start a public campaign to annul Toovey's fine.

100% right.

What sort of justification is there for such a blatant demonstration of double standards ?

Next time Tooves speaks his mind at a press conference, all he needs to do is put on a JT mask (like the ones we had for George, Joe and Kitey) and let rip.

Clearly, this will make him immune to any ramifications.

Excellent work Greenturd you muppet. If only I could demonstrate the same level of incompetence and walk into a senior management position.

The enquiry into Greenberg's alleged cover-up was announced on Monday 2 September. The NRL will ensure there's nothing heard about this until well after season's end. Cover-up on cover-up. Ridiculous.

simon64 said:
Next time Tooves speaks his mind at a press conference, all he needs to do is put on a JT mask (like the ones we had for George, Joe and Kitey) and let rip.
That would be really funny actually. Next time we're ripped off Tooves and Killer pull out Neil Henry and JT masks and use direct quotes.
Would make a great youtube vid.
Unfortunately Manly would get fined $100K

NRL Head of Football, Mr Todd Greenberg, has reviewed comments by Johnathan Thurston and determined that no action will be taken against the Cowboys player.

“There is a distinct difference between the comments themselves and some of the interpretations placed on of those comments,” Mr Greenberg said.

“At no stage was there a reference to the integrity of the officials.

“I have spoken with both Johnathan and Cowboys CEO Peter Jourdain, who have each given an assurance that the comments were not directed at the administration or the officials.

“We have also fully reviewed the comments by Neil Henry and do not believe that they contravened the policy.

“The policy allows for coaches to express their disappointment at decisions and we respect that right.

“What does cause an issue is when a coach or player questions the integrity of an official or engages in ridicule or excessive criticism.”

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-no-action-on-thurston-comments/tabid/10874/newsid/74715/default.aspx

What an absolute joke. IMO the ONLY reason they are not being fined is because the NRL is so embarrassed over Saturday that they want this to be forgotten about quickly. Fining the serial whingers would only fuel the "us against them" mentality in Qld and would also keep the refs blunder in the headlines. This is nothing more than damage control by Greenturd and the NRL......but its been very poorly done. They should have been fined. Now each team who gets knocked out should just claim the NRL are cheats......they'll get away with it.

simon64 said:
sheridanstand78 said:

100% right.

What sort of justification is there for such a blatant demonstration of double standards ?

Excellent work Greenturd you muppet. If only I could demonstrate the same level of incompetence and walk into a senior management position.

Well Simon, if you lower your standards enough, you never know what might happen!

HoldenV8 said:
NRL Head of Football, Mr Todd Greenberg, has reviewed comments by Johnathan Thurston and determined that no action will be taken against the Cowboys player.

“There is a distinct difference between the comments themselves and some of the interpretations placed on of those comments,” Mr Greenberg said.

“At no stage was there a reference to the integrity of the officials.

“I have spoken with both Johnathan and Cowboys CEO Peter Jourdain, who have each given an assurance that the comments were not directed at the administration or the officials.

“We have also fully reviewed the comments by Neil Henry and do not believe that they contravened the policy.

“The policy allows for coaches to express their disappointment at decisions and we respect that right.

“What does cause an issue is when a coach or player questions the integrity of an official or engages in ridicule or excessive criticism.”

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-no-action-on-thurston-comments/tabid/10874/newsid/74715/default.aspx

What an absolute phucking joke.

WTF?? Is there an NRL email that we can complain to? This is beyond a joke. We should all write email/letters to the NRL about this.

Normally I don't give a flying eff about these types of things, but this is just wrong.

ABTK said:
simon64 said:
sheridanstand78 said:

100% right.

Well Simon, if you lower your standards enough, you never know what might happen!

Stay tuned ABTK. Look out for me as the new Vice President of NAB.

Can't help thinking the league was tipped off that Thurston was about to be named NRL Players Player and the decision not to fine him was a political decision to avoid the embarrassment of further damaging headlines. Maybe I'm just cynical now, but that does seem to be how the current NRL administration (Greeenberg) operates. Little about honesty, all about spin.

Just when you think he cannot surprise you with his incompetence he takes it to a new level....

Earlier, NRL head of football Todd Greenberg cleared Thurston over his comments on Sunday. Carney said he felt sorry for the halfback. ''It's the nature of all footballers, we want to win. Rightly so he shouldn't be fined for those comments. If I was in the same position I would've said the same thing.''

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/rlpa-players-player-gong-for-thurston-20130917-2txbb.html#ixzz2fBpjyyc7

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6