No excuses but...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Has anyone else noticed this new 6 to go, where opposition are often holding on longer than Manly and yet getting away with it.
I mean there was a set Penrith apart from being up VERY quickly, laid in on Manly players and the ref "no milking, play it with your foot" with the onus on the Manly attacker ??
Then we kick downfield and they get 2 x restarts with the ref"Jake release now" basically at the moment he had made contact....
In no way am I defending the lethargic performance, Penrith dominated from the whistle, but this stuff pi**es me off, as we seem to cop the rough end of this new rule every week in key moments...I don't mind the rule, but it is yet another situation that gives the ref opportunity to advantage any team he/she wants

Last edited:
The new rules has made the game faster and has also exposed the weaker athletes .

If the opposition is dominant in tackles, you get longer to hold on.
Simple as that.
Penrith were dominant in most tackles, where Manly were scrambling and holding on too long so got pinged.

Unfortunately Levi is no tackling machine like most other hookers and many of our forwards are slow and not particularly fast in D.

This is why poor old Jake has to do so much defence, as lots of his team mates are not putting in the same collective effort.

The ref definitely stuffed us in the first 20 minutes and by then the Panther had bolted.
Mind you, the Titans also copped a crooked ref yesterday and should have won.
We, at least, would never have won.

I didn’t watch the game last night so can’t comment on the specifics, but it feels like Jake gets judged off a tip sheet week in week out. In some ways it’s not surprising with one ref now - there is a lot more for them to adjudicate - but it just seems that from the opening tackle there is a prejudice against Jake.

Jake has been picked on for weeks now. As soon as he makes a tackle "get off Jake"

He is such a strong wrestler and a strong part of his defence but they are not allowing him to be dominant at all.yet other players get away with it. It's a stupid rule, normally would not warrant a penalty but they have introduced the 6 to go and we are copying a lot of them. I understand the blatant hand on ball, and late tackle or twisting a player on his back. Jake usually chops the player straight to the grd but has to release immediately!!

Its all about the westy's, they get all the leg ups, The Golden west, when the blue collars are happy RL is flourishing oh and Brisbane of course, if Broncos cant get there sht together they'll just bring in another Qld team.

Jake has been picked on for weeks now. As soon as he makes a tackle "get off Jake"

He is such a strong wrestler and a strong part of his defence but they are not allowing him to be dominant at all.yet other players get away with it. It's a stupid rule, normally would not warrant a penalty but they have introduced the 6 to go and we are copying a lot of them. I understand the blatant hand on ball, and late tackle or twisting a player on his back. Jake usually chops the player straight to the grd but has to release immediately!!
True, they don't want Jake wrestling and not getting off them quickly enough. He needs to start hitting them hard and getting off. ALL our forwards need to do this...it is the coach's job to get them to. I don't want to see Jake at first marker ever. (meaning he is the last to let go)

Parra, Penno, Drizzle and Rorters certainly seem like the chosen ones this year don't they? Without the ref I don't think Parra and Roosters would have won this week and that was against Titans and Bulldogs. Really is Penrith's to lose this year.

As a fellow Silvertail said, instead of a set-restart just add on one extra tackle. The way it is now can cruel a defending team, too much.

To me that sounds like sensible idea because the way it is now the difference in the punishment for the infringing team can be one extra tackle or six.
How is it that the same ruck offence can have two vastly different penalties?
Especially for something that most of don’t even know what for, it’s becoming like Union, the ref saw something but none of us know what.
And for something so important there is no allowance for a challenge.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4