• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
KOMORI said:
For some reason we are missing that "cutthroat" attitude from last season where we always did enough to beat the less fancied teams and against the gun teams we looked a strong and cohesive unit.

Obviously the fact that we've rarely fielded a full strength squad this season has not helped.... But getting smoked by teams like Drugcastle is a little embarrassing is it not?

To be honest it's not just the score, it's the whole attitude of the team..... where's that iron clad winning resolve gone?

THANK YOU ! A footy comment and opinion :)

That's my concern too mate. As I stated, Hasler teams tend to be do or die, right up to the bitter end. We seem to lack that this season.

I believe our depth is much better than people give it credit for, so I don't buy the injury and suspension excuse.

It's attention to detail. It's about attitude. I believe Manly have become sloppy in all the small area's under Toovey - the biggest concern being defense.

Are were burnt out maybe?

During the game I was thinking the same. But in the light of day (6 pack and counting) with the flu and all the injuries we are certainly not out of the race yet. The Stewarts and Matai are 3 of the 4 we can't do it without (Lyon the other). We're still in it ladies and gentlemen, no matter how painful that was.

You guy just don't get it. We've had these types of losses when Des was coach in premiership winning seasons. Why can't we cut Tooves and the team some slack, wait til we get all our troops back and then judge them. Apart from the 1st game of the year and the game against the Rorters we've been no where near full strength.

I hate seeing the boys getting dished up like tonight, but one thing I have learnt about this team, right them off at your peril. Theyl bounce back starting with the Dogs next week.

I'd be pretty upset to not make the finals for the first time in a very, very long time. How long IS that? Won't happen though.....will it?

Ryan said:
KOMORI said:
For some reason we are missing that "cutthroat" attitude from last season where we always did enough to beat the less fancied teams and against the gun teams we looked a strong and cohesive unit.

Obviously the fact that we've rarely fielded a full strength squad this season has not helped.... But getting smoked by teams like Drugcastle is a little embarrassing is it not?

To be honest it's not just the score, it's the whole attitude of the team..... where's that iron clad winning resolve gone?

That's my concern too mate. As I stated, Hasler teams tend to be do or die, right up to the bitter end. We seem to lack that this season.

I believe our depth is much better than people give it credit for, so I don't buy the injury and suspension excuse.

It's attention to detail. It's about attitude. I believe Manly have become sloppy in all the small area's under Toovey - the biggest concern being defense.

Hasler is an outstanding coach. There is no doubt about it. We should remember though that this time last year Toovey was running water bottles out to players. Hasler's departure forced Tooves into first grade coaching for this year. We all want him to be great because he bleeds Manly. In time he may well turn out to be as good a coach as he was a player, or maybe not. I think there's no point in comparing Hasler to Tooves at this stage. I think most Manly supporters would prefer that Dessie was still our coach but he doesn't want to be here. Toovey does so let's give him some time.
As for the players, they need to aim up like Toovey used to as a player.

Ryan said:
I'd be pretty upset to not make the finals for the first time in a very, very long time. How long IS that? Won't happen though.....will it?

thanks ryan....somethings not right...maybe toovey not sure but all i know the last couple of years they would not have given up so easy....our fringe players always stepped up because they wanted that spot but now it seems they are not interested....we can not go b2b on that performance...foz was the worst affected and was our best imo so what the hell was the other 16,s excusses.......**** we are gone.....

niccipops said:
Ryan said:
KOMORI said:

Hasler is an outstanding coach. There is no doubt about it. We should remember though that this time last year Toovey was running water bottles out to players. Hasler's departure forced Tooves into first grade coaching for this year. We all want him to be great because he bleeds Manly. In time he may well turn out to be as good a coach as he was a player, or maybe not. I think there's no point in comparing Hasler to Tooves at this stage. I think most Manly supporters would prefer that Dessie was still our coach but he doesn't want to be here. Toovey does so let's give him some time.
As for the players, they need to aim up like Toovey used to as a player.

I was always of the opinion that we could have gone outside the organization for a new coach. A new approach. I just don't get how Toovey got the gig, because he was Hasler's apprentice.

They showed a clip on NRL Extra or whatever it is this week when Toovey was addressing the players in the sheds prior to The Eels game. Everyone laughed, because not one player was looking at Toovey as he spoke, and one player looked as though he were about to go to sleep, yawning.

Ok, it was funny on TV when they showed it, but seriously - have you ever seen our players do that prior to a game under Hasler. They all looked back then like they were horses, who just got a cowboy boot to the ribs, and they wanted to bolt.

Seeing Toovey in the sheds this past week, reminded me of Ricky Stuart at The Sharks, when he had lost the playing group. No-one watched him in the huddle, and they seemed disinterested (there was a segment on the footy show about it). Ricky was sacked a few weeks later. So it DOES happen, and even to the best of them.

I really, and I mean REALLY want to dig Toovey for everyone else, but if I came on here talking about how much I loved him, I'd be lying, and you would all see through that like glass.

To Ryan. Imo Toovey got the gig because as you said, he was the apprentice. Hasler's departure sent Manly into chaos and Toovey's appointment seemed the only answer at the time. The club was reeling from the blow and needed to come up with something to settle things down. Toovey may have been a bandaid solution but I don't think Manly had the time to react any differently. Long term it may be revealed that Toovey's not the answer. I think we'll be able to judge his coaching ability more realistically about this time next year.
I think Tooves would care for Manly enough not to hang on if it turns out he's not the right guy for our coach. For now, I'm glad he's in the box. Not doing too bad for a rookie and I don't think he'd ever go to the bulldogs.

Ryan,........of course Toovey was going to be our coach after Des. He was the apprentice. He was the next in line. He was the one who knew Des' coaching the most intimately. He was the one already deemed by the club to take over.

The difference was (AND THE ONLY DIFFERENCE) was it came earlier than expected.

I think your making way way way (have I emphasized this enough?) to much of things like the players looking at 2V Ryan, and it is really just supposition to support your argument.

The story about players not looking at Tooves was a gee up story for giggles. It was little more than a throw away laugh segment. Only someone with an agenda would take it seriously and run with it.

People we are ALL obviously upset & disappointed with today's result and we couldn't believe what we were watching. But most important are we going to make the finals ?? This comp is really close and for/against may determine 4th spot to 8th spot.
Though most concerning is our run home we have not in order - dogs, broncos , warriors , souths , cowboys. Plus the others
Now this is not easy !!! I feel that we have a bigger problem in front of us other than tonight. I'm not saying we can't and on paper more than capable but this is a fact & a concern. At the end of the day it's no good trying to find who's the fault but rather find a solution really quick. I think top 4 for us is gone.

Have you all forgotten 2009 when we fell off every 2nd half we played. Could not finish a game to save ourselves. And the coach? D. Hasler.

Top End Eagle said:
Ryan is Mrseagles.

Very clever how you dumbed down the posts of your alter ego but I have figured it out. Ten points for me!

This adds to the discussion HOW?
I feel like we should be walking into the quadrangle next to play handball after reading that.

Ryan said:
the mauler said:
Ryan said:
the mauler said:
You start this thread after every loss we have. Crawl back under the rock you've surfaced from. Dont need fair weather supporters like you Mr Sea shells, your a disgrace.

Ryan, it is not about you, never has been. If you think that is true, you need to get out more.

Mate - lets be fair - he made a comment about what he perceives the team - not you - so why regress this into something personal. It's un-becoming.

In fact, anyone who makes it personal needs to have more hobbies in their lives.

Just relax everyone.

If someone says Jamie Lyon sucks - which he doesn't (this is why I used him in this example), I would be horrified, but that's their opinion. Their free to it. I disagree. I'm not going to be so childish though as to reply in a personal offensive type manner.

Shows a true lack of education.

Debating is debating. Name calling is idiotic.
Lol...That's a bit rich coming from you Ryan. Iv read plenty of your posts bagging people and calling them names. I guess that shows your lack of education ah??

Yes, I have been extremely reactionary in the past, and I openly put my hand up to admit that, but a few months ago, I decided to show more decorum, because I openly agree I wasn't doing myself any favours.

Now, agaaaaaaaaain, this isn't about me. I do feel rather important in the world, but it's about Manly, Manly's performance, Manly's chances etc etc etc, so can we PLEASE focus on the topic at hand, or am I more important to you than Manly as a hobby?

panash said:
People we are ALL obviously upset & disappointed with today's result and we couldn't believe what we were watching. But most important are we going to make the finals ?? This comp is really close and for/against may determine 4th spot to 8th spot.
Though most concerning is our run home we have not in order - dogs, broncos , warriors , souths , cowboys. Plus the others
Now this is not easy !!! I feel that we have a bigger problem in front of us other than tonight. I'm not saying we can't and on paper more than capable but this is a fact & a concern. At the end of the day it's no good trying to find who's the fault but rather find a solution really quick. I think top 4 for us is gone.

Our fate is still within our hands as in the last 7 rounds we play 5 Teams that are in the running for the 8 spots.

Then the contest starts anew:exclamation:

Manly are also in the running for the Olympic Gold Medal in Catch-and-Pass :p
2V please start playing One Direction, means tryline to tryline, ASAP to the Team at training.:exclamation:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6