No AFB - who is our Intimidator??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
There is noone up front to rival AFB in pure Power and presence....but we need someone to step up...
I like the new signing Aloiai....Robust and no nonsense....Keppie is a tough hombre who was a little down in 2020 after bursting onto the scene late 2019.
Here's my Big call - the Monster Paseka will get a few slaps from Foz and come out an angry Thing in 2021, this bloke could be anything and we need him to be just that.

unfortunately probably no one

AFB is probably the best intimidator in the competition, or at least up there (AFB-hating-silvertails, please try and read that sentence whilst consciously removing bias)

Aloiai gees up a bit I think but just isn't the level of AFB. As much as I hope he kills it he really is not as good as AFB, and if he even compares it will be his footwork, quick play the ball, defence and a silkier skillset that improves him, not a take on attitude (hope I'm wrong).

Marty will have to assume the role. He was the intimidator pre-AFB's rise... Keppie is a psycho and really does a Lindsay Collins like job off the bench, or should I say a Richie Fa'aoso back in 2013... what a gun (or was it 2014?)

Paseka I'd love to step up... could also see it but unsure.

Safe to say neither of our props are 'the intimidator' either for a lack of minutes or for a recent drop in form / play style... Jack Hetherington would've filled that role well but we know how that went down.

My hopes is that Walker and Olakau'atu bring a new style of aggression on the edge that makes our rivals worried.

Cheers, Mataiforerver (spelt wrong too)

unfortunately probably no one

AFB is probably the best intimidator in the competition, or at least up there (AFB-hating-silvertails, please try and read that sentence whilst consciously removing bias)

Aloiai gees up a bit I think but just isn't the level of AFB. As much as I hope he kills it he really is not as good as AFB, and if he even compares it will be his footwork, quick play the ball, defence and a silkier skillset that improves him, not a take on attitude (hope I'm wrong).

Marty will have to assume the role. He was the intimidator pre-AFB's rise... Keppie is a psycho and really does a Lindsay Collins like job off the bench, or should I say a Richie Fa'aoso back in 2013... what a gun (or was it 2014?)

Paseka I'd love to step up... could also see it but unsure.

Safe to say neither of our props are 'the intimidator' either for a lack of minutes or for a recent drop in form / play style... Jack Hetherington would've filled that role well but we know how that went down.

My hopes is that Walker and Olakau'atu bring a new style of aggression on the edge that makes our rivals worried.

Cheers, Mataiforerver (spelt wrong too)
Great summary mate - I agree with about all of it ....

He is a gun, I won’t deny, but I don’t think of him as an intimidator in defence.

Jake whacks the hardest but he is hardly an intimidator in the conventional sense.

Keppie and Haumole are the ones to step up as intimidators for me. Both these guys have a bit of $hit in their game, which I love.

But if we don’t have an intimidator, can we at least have a niggler? Our guys seem too nice a fair bit of the time

If we can get the Marty that played for NZ a couple of years ago. We'd be set.

Hoping for a tough 'pack' that adapts to the new rules (less penalties from Jake...cough cough) and we should be right. Another year under Paseka's belt will help.

What about signing Lodge? He has a history of intimidating and terrorising people.
Yes I understand that has been considered.

The club are keen for Dylan to forge some new friendships, with Matt seen as an ideal choice to mix socially with Dylan - especially in and around pizzerias.

No, just kidding.

Haumole is the guy, he seemed quite cross with the opposition a couple of times during his brief outings in 2020. He needs to get fit enough to play decent minutes and challenge for a spot in our 17.

If we can get the Marty that played for NZ a couple of years ago. We'd be set.

Hoping for a tough 'pack' that adapts to the new rules (less penalties from Jake...cough cough) and we should be right. Another year under Paseka's belt will help.
Marty has very successfully toned down his previously far more aggressive tacking style and disposed of his silly throat slitting gestures in an effort to spend more time in the paddock and less time on the sidelines, no doubt under instructions from his coaches, but imho he’s gone too far the other way and lost the intimidation factor he once had in spades. Doesn’t look like controlled aggression more like a non-aggression pact.

He is a gun, I won’t deny, but I don’t think of him as an intimidator in defence.

Jake whacks the hardest but he is hardly an intimidator in the conventional sense.

Keppie and Haumole are the ones to step up as intimidators for me. Both these guys have a bit of $hit in their game, which I love.

But if we don’t have an intimidator, can we at least have a niggler? Our guys seem too nice a fair bit of the time
I think keppie and Olakau-atu can be aggressive aswell as Aloiai. Walker and Gosiewski are nigglers. Jake whacks hard as anyone. I think we are good

Marty has very successfully toned down his previously far more aggressive tacking style and disposed of his silly throat slitting gestures in an effort to spend more time in the paddock and less time on the sidelines, no doubt under instructions from his coaches, but imho he’s gone too far the other way and lost the intimidation factor he once had in spades. Doesn’t look like controlled aggression more like a non-aggression pact.
Couldn't agree more. Ever since Round 1, 2017 against the Eels where he got suspended for 2 weeks for a shoulder charge....

It’s the 2 hour corn row head prep that has softened him. He needs the Long Bay gaol barber to come out to Narrabeen with his rusty, lice ridden clippers, and get rid of the rows. Aerodynamically he’ll pick up some speed, and can throw some nice Nathan Brown headbutts into the opposition, cracking skulls at wil.:punch:

There is noone up front to rival AFB in pure Power and presence....but we need someone to step up...

That is a true statement ... but IMO .. he was never an enforcer ... we have had nil intimidation factor in the middle for several years ... opposition forward packs have been lining up to run at us ...

it is telling that many people have said that Jake's legal waist high tackles were our hardest hits ..

I think Aloaoi will add some starch and aggression, which will drive the players like Keppie around him, ... and agree that Paseka is finding more physicality with every game, a smouldering fire on slow burn ... and I like Guacamole as a beast ...

For mine ... a real pack mentality will be far more useful than a one off enforcer ...

I haven't really ever noticed aloai as i dont watch many tigers games, but from what he was saying in the media, Des has tasked him with being our aggressor (so therefore maybe the enforcer also)? Apparently he is 1 hombre that you wouldn't want to throw down with (boxing background)...

I don't think we have any other players to fill the role, if you remember when tapau got dog shotted this season not one player really reacted (which was quite dissapointing)... maybe okalatua also (if he makes the squad)?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8